• 17 Post By LouisaJessie
  • 4 Post By Carrie&Taylor
  • 4 Post By jaylee50
  • 2 Post By bearball49

Thread: OFFSTAGE: Carrie Underwood on the Bible Belt-ness of Country

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

OFFSTAGE: Carrie Underwood on the Bible Belt-ness of Country

When Glamour magazine asked Carrie Underwood how she felt about launching her career with a song about Jesus ("Jesus, Take the Wheel"), she said it never occurred to her to worry. Country music, she explained, just has a Bible Belt-ness about it and that she's not the first person to sing about God, Jesus and faith. Nor will she be the last. As for day-to-day religion, it definitely sounds like it's a big part of Underwood's life. "Every Wednesday, my husband and I have a study group with our friends. I attend church. We try to devote time in the morning, say a prayer," Underwood said. "I'm not a big reader, though. I have to feel it, hear it, touch it be involved in it."

CMT : News : OFFSTAGE: Carrie Underwood on the Bible Belt-ness of Country

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    So looking forward to a worship and a hymn and a Christmas album from her

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    We sure need to see and hear more about God in our country. The minority is demanding and winning the right to take God out of our currency, our cemeteries, and other public buildings. It is just too sad. Good for Carrie, she has the courage to express her faith. Amen to that.

Junior Carrie Follower abdulmajeed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee50 View Post
    We sure need to see and hear more about God in our country. The minority is demanding and winning the right to take God out of our currency, our cemeteries, and other public buildings. It is just too sad. Good for Carrie, she has the courage to express her faith. Amen to that.
    I read somewhere that singing songs about God like HGTA on TV is now almost considered taboo in the music business. Props to Carrie for the courage to do that.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I love that Carrie is outspoken about her faith and look firward to her someday releasing a gospel album. Unfortunateky, those same Christians can be so uptight and judgementak that they criticise every onf that is NOT faith based or talks about cheating or revenge. They criticise her dress when she wers shorts or a miniskirt. They do not get that she can be a devout Christian and live as such and sing BHC. I really get sick of the hippocrits bashing her over short skirt or song choices. I am a devout Christian, Mormon at that which is even stricter than most, but I do not see anything distasteful in anything she does. She lives a very private, circumspect life and does nothing to disrespect herself or her husband, yet the zealots expect her to be wearing a choir robe or something. Gee people, she is an entertainer and as such may occasionally sing a song contrary to how she would behave.....LN. People have to learn how to separate the celebrity from the person. It is not like she is a Britney or Linsey embarassing herself and her family at every opportunity. I think she sets a wonderful example for young women of any religion and really wish the religious freaks would leave her alone and appreciate the fact that her beautiful voice has actually brought people back into the church and be thankful she wirships so openly. That is my rant for the day....now that I have gotten that off my chest, i'll say my prayers and ask God to give me a little more patience with those that do not know any better. Lol
    abdulmajeed and Carrie&Taylor like this.

Concert Stars
    I love her view on it..its true and I am glad she never worried about JTTW!

•