Like Tree13Likes
  • 9 Post By Pi314CA
  • 1 Post By LouisaJessie
  • 2 Post By AdrianAustraliaCarrie
  • 1 Post By AdrianAustraliaCarrie

Thread: Carrie Underwood's Tamworth fans blown away (article from Australia)

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Carrie Underwood's Tamworth fans blown away (article from Australia)

Carrie Underwood's Tamworth fans blown away
    BY ANNA ROSE
    14 May, 2012 04:00 AM

IT SEEMS Tamworth can’t get enough of American country music star Carrie Underwood.

An outbreak of “Carrie fever” has hit the city and today tickets to her one-off Tamworth concert go on sale.

Music fans are walking out the door with Carrie Underwood’s new album, Blown Away. It was number one on the Sanity country charts in Tamworth last week, but she was pipped at the post by Keith Urban on the mainstream charts, sitting at number two behind her Nashville neighbour.

At the Shoppingworld Sanity outlet, store manager Jess Wilkinson thought it was a pretty handy one-two chart combination.

“When Keith’s new greatest hits album, The Story So Far, came in today, it automatically shot to number one on the mainstream charts,” Miss Wilkinson said last Friday.

“Anyway, I don’t think Carrie would mind that Keith beat her to the top spot. After all, he’s the reason she’s coming here.

“Ever since the announcement of her Tamworth concert, we’ve sold quite a few of her new albums and also some of her back catalogue. I think people might be organising tickets and buying the album at the same time, or perhaps it’s just for Mother’s Day; I’m not sure.”

Over at the Peel St Sanity store, it was much the same story, manager Mark Graves said.

Mr Graves said he’d noticed a big increase in foot traffic through the store during the week, with Underwood fans scooping up her latest release.

“We’ve had a lot of people coming in and there’s definitely been a lot of inquiry about her new album,” he said.

Target music section sales assistant Emma Roberts was hoping for more CDs to arrive, as she had one copy of the new Underwood album left when The Leader phoned last Friday.

While Underwood album sales were slow at Big W Tamworth, across the river at Kmart sales assistant Desiree Hartin said she’d sold quite a few in the past week.

“It has been selling and I think we’re down to about six copies, so I’m hoping we get more in today,” she said last Friday.

Link: Carrie Underwood's Tamworth fans blown away - Local News - News - General - Northern Daily Leader
    Last edited by Pi314CA; 05-14-2012 at 04:55 PM.
    Gator, Ann055, opry051008 and 6 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Wow! Awesome! That makes me happy. Australia Carrie! I'm happy people in Australia are responding so positively to Blown Away. Congratulations to Carrie! Thank you for posting, Pi314CA.
    Pi314CA likes this.

Concert Stars
    so exciting for the Australian fans!

Go Australia!

Concert Stars
    way to go Australia!

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That's awesome to hear/read! It will be interesting here with Blown Away's 2nd week album charting this Sunday night & compared to Keith's new Greatest Hits album! Looks like Keith will sneak in front, oh well, he is a big reason Carrie is coming to Tamworth/Australia so we can't complain haha!

Concert Stars
    I'm thinking fans from both Brisbane and Sidney will be watching Carrie at this show. Tamworth is kind of in the middle of those two cities.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jptexas View Post
    I'm thinking fans from both Brisbane and Sydney will be watching Carrie at this show. Tamworth is kind of in the middle of those two cities.
    Yes, as such, but no - not really. Brisbane & Sydney have their own shows, as I'm sure you know, and people from Sydney/Brisbane who are going to 1 Carrie show (90 something % of the audience approx) will go to the show in their own city rather than travel! It's just the certain few who are going to multiple shows who will also be going to Tamworth.etc! Like me however I'm not really based in Sydney (I have been but I havent - long story) and am moving from Sydney for good for now in a few weeks. Back home where I'm originally from in the country, Tamworth is way closer than Sydney let alone Bris/Melbs! So I/we will be travelling around to see Carrie! Yay!

Tamworth is our Nashville, the 'country music capital', however it isn't anything like Nashville! Australian country scene is different to the American and doesn't go as far back, but I suppose that's because your a lot older than us too! Most of the people attending Carrie's Tamworth show will be from Tamworth because it's a big place and there's plenty of surrounding towns/cities in between Tamworth/Sydney/Brisbane that fans live that will choose to go to Tamworth rather than the city to see our wonderful Carrie! As I read in an article just when the Aussie Blown Away tour and locations were announced, it said that they are expecting a full house and sell out at Tamworth from Tamworthians because it's the start of the school holidays, it's in the country music capital and Carrie is a massive country music artist here! We already see this with over 4000 of the 5000 tickets already sold! In saying this, I'm sure Carrie's Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne shows will sell out too (and they're smaller!) but maybe not as quick as Tamworth. Remember Carrie is a country artist and is being promoted as a country artist and even though Carrie can be quite mainstream/crossover like - guess where most country fans are!? In the country haha!
    robinannhunt and opry051008 like this.

Concert Stars
    I know the currency exchange is different between Aus & The States (usually not that much though...) but you guys get CD's so cheap compared to us! Blown Away averaging around $10-$11 over there compared to $20-$25 here! Haha that picture above with Blown Away for $20 is the cheapest you will get it here! I paid $20 each for my 8 copies! Just goes to show the contrast between the 2 economies!
    opry051008 likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^thats nuts lol I bought 3 copies for BA so far and I felt I spent a lot lol...and I got them on sale.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAustraliaCarrie View Post
    Yes, as such, but no - not really. Brisbane & Sydney have their own shows, as I'm sure you know, and people from Sydney/Brisbane who are going to 1 Carrie show (90 something % of the audience approx) will go to the show in their own city rather than travel! It's just the certain few who are going to multiple shows who will also be going to Tamworth.etc! Like me however I'm not really based in Sydney (I have been but I havent - long story) and am moving from Sydney for good for now in a few weeks. Back home where I'm originally from in the country, Tamworth is way closer than Sydney let alone Bris/Melbs! So I/we will be travelling around to see Carrie! Yay!

Tamworth is our Nashville, the 'country music capital', however it isn't anything like Nashville! Australian country scene is different to the American and doesn't go as far back, but I suppose that's because your a lot older than us too! Most of the people attending Carrie's Tamworth show will be from Tamworth because it's a big place and there's plenty of surrounding towns/cities in between Tamworth/Sydney/Brisbane that fans live that will choose to go to Tamworth rather than the city to see our wonderful Carrie! As I read in an article just when the Aussie Blown Away tour and locations were announced, it said that they are expecting a full house and sell out at Tamworth from Tamworthians because it's the start of the school holidays, it's in the country music capital and Carrie is a massive country music artist here! We already see this with over 4000 of the 5000 tickets already sold! In saying this, I'm sure Carrie's Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne shows will sell out too (and they're smaller!) but maybe not as quick as Tamworth. Remember Carrie is a country artist and is being promoted as a country artist and even though Carrie can be quite mainstream/crossover like - guess where most country fans are!? In the country haha!

I posted mainly because I didn't know where Tamworth was, so I used my map app on my I-phone. It showed Tamworth between the two cities I mentioned. When Carrie performs in Texas, let's say the San Antonio area, people from 100-150 miles away attend. But then again, Texas is a huge country music state and Carrie has fans all over the place. As long as you get to see her in concert, it's all good.

•