• 3 Post By liz278
  • 2 Post By GMRR
  • 1 Post By liz278
  • 1 Post By epicamends

Thread: OFFSTAGE: Carrie Underwood on Private Planes and Paparazzi

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

OFFSTAGE: Carrie Underwood on Private Planes and Paparazzi

Sometimes flying in a private plane isn't a luxury. It's practically a necessity. And it sounds like Carrie Underwood learned that the hard way. In the cover story of the new issue of Glamour magazine, she said she flew in a private plane to the Grammys because of the hundreds of paparazzi. And because she says, "They will hurt you." She explained, "I learned my lesson: We went commercial to the Super Bowl in Miami, when I sang the anthem, and when we landed at the airport, I got hit in the head with a camera. They don't stay back." I can't imagine wanting a shot of a celebrity so bad that you would actually put the person in danger. Then again, fans do seem to be enamored with pictures of Underwood doing everyday things like walking through airports. Which puts those paparazzi in one of those can't-live-with-them-can't-live-without-them predicaments.

CMT : News : OFFSTAGE: Carrie Underwood on Private Planes and Paparazzi
    Pi314CA, Burst, rainbow1 and 4 others like this.

Concert Stars
    aww poor carrie! That's terrible!

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Paparazzi always have to hurt someone these days and i agree poor carrie

Concert Stars
    I know we all love to see pics of Carrie, but I don't ever want to have any pic of Carrie if they had to do something that might hurt her or someone she is with. When she is with Mike I don't worry as much because no one would dare do that with Mike there - he can take out hockey players!

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Oh man - that is sad. But on a good note - it reminded me that I haven't watched that Carrie sing the NA in awhile - off to youtube!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Wouldn't it be something if Carrie and/or Mike decided to learn to fly a plane and bought their own. Single-engines are less expensive,but twin-engines give a safety margin in case one goes out.
    rainbow1 and Burst like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    It sucks that any celeb has to deal with that stuff but it is part of the job.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    It sucks that any celeb has to deal with that stuff but it is part of the job.
    I agree to a certain extent that they all know what they are getting into, but when the paps go to extremes and have done things that have hurt people or spy with telescopic lens' that intrude on a person's privacy then I think it is going over the line. When they followed Carrie and Mike on their honeymoon and spied on them that went a little too far. Or if they push people or get into a frenzy to get a pic and can hurt someone in the process that is going to far and I think there should be some sort of limit to what a pap can do to get a pic.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    I agree to a certain extent that they all know what they are getting into, but when the paps go to extremes and have done things that have hurt people or spy with telescopic lens' that intrude on a person's privacy then I think it is going over the line. When they followed Carrie and Mike on their honeymoon and spied on them that went a little too far. Or if they push people or get into a frenzy to get a pic and can hurt someone in the process that is going to far and I think there should be some sort of limit to what a pap can do to get a pic.
    If you are a celeb and you are out in the public you are going to get your picture taken that is just the way it is, it sucks that Carrie was hit with a camera or for any celeb to have their picture taken on their honeymoon but if that it the worst part of your job you have a REALLY good job.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    If you are a celeb and you are out in the public you are going to get your picture taken that is just the way it is, it sucks that Carrie was hit with a camera or for any celeb to have their picture taken on their honeymoon but if that it the worst part of your job you have a REALLY good job.
    I dunno, I've heard some really scary paparazzi stories that are very close to stalking and endanger a celebs life. however, celebs can also afford security guards haha.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    Well I am of the opinion that when you are a celeb you expect your pic to be taken. And I will say that we as a society have made the paps job very lucrative because we buy all the stuff that has our favority celeb in it. So, the paps get paid very much for a pic of Kim K and to get the best pic they all fight to get the pic that some rag will buy. Then of course we go out and buy that rag and everyone gets rich. In the process the paps have become very pushy and intrusive and they have sometimes gotten people hurt - that is where I think things need to change. But as long as we keep buying the rags that have those pics in, I don't think things will change.

Insane Carrie Fan carriefan0825's Avatar
    poor carrie!

I do agree that celebs need to expect their pics to be taken, especially at big events like the Super Bowl or in places like NYC or LA. But when physical safety is brought into question, there do need to be some laws to protect celebs from paparazzi. They go way too far sometimes. Some paps will chase celebs in cars, going through red lights and dodging traffic, etc. That's putting not only the celeb at risk, but everyone else on the road too. It should never be okay for there to be the potential to physically harm someone simply for the sake of a photograph.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower abdulmajeed's Avatar
    I hope that Princess Diana incident will never ever happen to Carrie. Most of the time, these paparazzis are really going overboard just for money.

New Carrie Fan
    i think that the one thing that all famous people wish is privacy , these paparazzis always cross the lines !!

Concert Stars
    I took a look at the photos that were taken at this particular time, and to me, these seem to be the worst paparazzi pictures we have seen of Carrie, that were not taken on her honeymoon. Even ace looks stressed out, lol.

That's stupid. You shouldn't do that to a person when it's just as easy to take a picture of them a few steps back if you really need it.

•