Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Adele's '21' May Return to No. 1, In Time for Mother's Day

Adele's '21' May Return to No. 1, In Time for Mother's Day

Adele "21" album has never left the Billboard 200 chart's top 10 in its entire 63-week run. And now it's looking like it has the chance to return to No. 1 for a 24th week.

The new Billboard 200 chart's top 10 will be revealed on the morning of Wednesday, May 16.

With a lack of big-name new releases out yesterday (May 8), Adele's "21" is going up against the current leader, Carrie Underwood's "Blown Away," for the top slot next week.

With the Mother's Day holiday falling at the end of the tracking week (Sunday, May 13), a good many shoppers may find that "Blown Away" or "21" are the perfect gift for the mom in their lives. (Yes, despite how "21" is closing in on 9 million U.S. sales according to Nielsen SoundScan, there are still many that don't own the album yet.)

While Adele and Underwood seem likely to place in the Nos. 1 and 2 slots next week, the highest debut will come from Silversun Pickups' new "Neck of the Woods." The set may start with around 40,000 -- so say industry sources -- and land in the top 10.

Adele's '21' May Return to No. 1, In Time for Mother's Day | Billboard.com

DAMN !

((((

Concert Stars
    Don't panic!
    We shall see.
    Obviously Carrie has been having major buzz.
    And Adeles people don't pull weird stunts so we don't ahve to worry about a BM action.
    So we can only see.

Every mother in the world already has Adele's CD!!!!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Only fitting because Blown Away is Carries 21!!
    Anytime your in any list that has Adele on it also you know your incredibly successful.
    And besides no one has ever BLOWN AWAY Adele.
    pgk and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    I would think that Carrie has the upper hand here.
    All we gotta do is pray pray pray that there are enough copies to buy.
    Underestimating Carries sales is something Cd-stockers seem to do very well.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Don't panic!
    We shall see.
    Obviously Carrie has been having major buzz.
    And Adeles people don't pull weird stunts so we don't ahve to worry about a BM action.
    So we can only see.
    It doesn't really matter either way. It's funny though, I may be the only person on the planet who isn't a big fan of Adele's album as a whole. I love her voice and I love her singles. I bought the album a couple of months ago and have only listened to it a couple of times. It actually seemed kind of more of the same through the whole thing. Obviously I know nothing since everybody else on the planet seems to think it's the most brilliant album ever made.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    it's not saying that Adele will be #1 it's saying that both Carrie and Adele MAY be battling for #1...the battle of the 2 divas it should be interesting . Carrie is a formidable opponent as is Adele. Nothing wrong with some good clean competition. Carrie's already won her main battle, this is for the icing on the cake.
    epicamends and rainbow1 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    It doesn't really matter either way. It's funny though, I may be the only person on the planet who isn't a big fan of Adele's album as a whole. I love her voice and I love her singles. I bought the album a couple of months ago and have only listened to it a couple of times. It actually seemed kind of more of the same through the whole thing. Obviously I know nothing since everybody else on the planet seems to think it's the most brilliant album ever made.
    I don't think people necessarily think its the best album ever made, I just think it was a breathe a fresh air on top 40 radio with all the other crap.
    Becca

Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    it's not saying that Adele will be #1 it's saying that both Carrie and Adele MAY be battling for #1...the battle of the 2 divas it should be interesting . Carrie is a formidable opponent as is Adele. Nothing wrong with some good clean competition. Carrie's already won her main battle, this is for the icing on the cake.
    And here is an article that says just that: Battle of the divas:

HITS Daily Double: News

EDIT: Sorry Cary...didn't see that you had already made a thread w/this article...oops...
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Yeah, as much as I like her for all she represents (and I do like some of her songs) I would have a hard time sitting through an entire album of it.
    It's a little too gutteral for me.
    Great, artistic, well-deserved. Just not my thing either.

Concert Stars
    Yeah I think Carrie has the upper hand. Adele was less than 80k last week and yes she will get the mothers day bump, but so will Carrie. Carrie will also have Ellen today and I think there is something else this week but I could be wrong. Im thinking Carrie could hold onto number 1 for a good 3 weeks

^ If it's already going to battle for a 2nd week at the top, I can't see BA having almost no drop to remain another week at #1. If it's going to spend more weeks at #1, I think it's going to be only one more, which is already awesome lol

Quote Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
    Yeah I think Carrie has the upper hand. Adele was less than 80k last week and yes she will get the mothers day bump, but so will Carrie. Carrie will also have Ellen today and I think there is something else this week but I could be wrong. Im thinking Carrie could hold onto number 1 for a good 3 weeks
    Carrie's got Jimmy Kimmel Summer Concert Series tomorrow -- probably will do 2 songs? Not sure...maybe someone else knows.

Concert Stars
    If carrie falls below 100k next week that would be a massive drop of epic proportion.

Usually there is a 60% drop second week so carrie should still be above adele unless adele gets a massive mothers day bump and carrie drops over 70%.

If carrie drops over 70% then we are in big trouble.

Lets hope billboard is wrong.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    By the way, current prices for BA:

BestBuy 11.99
    Wal-Mart 11.88
    Amazon 9.99
    Target 9.99
    B&N is 9.35 (online price)
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru

You are NOT alone -- me too !

Concert Stars
    Aren't people tired of ADELE now? Lol. I'm only joking! IMO, Carrie is the perfect gift for Mother's Day!

Concert Stars
    sad....

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    You are NOT alone -- me too !
    Can I be a member of your club also? Pop is so bad that Adele is a shining light in a sea of Hype. But I honestly believe that Blown Away is better then 21!
    SoulDemiuges and rainbow1 like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast