Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Rolling Stone review

Rolling Stone review

The forecast is stormy on Carrie Underwood's fourth album as usual. Cloudless skies don't suit the country super*star she's most comfortable leaning into a stiff breeze, letting a blues growl creep into her phrasing while unleashing songs like "Two Black Cadillacs" (in which a wife and mistress murder a cad) and the title track, a wind-whipped ballad about, yep, a tornado. Underwood's voice is as powerful as ever, but Blown Away tries too hard, ratcheting up melodrama with strings and effects. She's at her best in a more restrained countrypolitan mode on the weeper "Wine After Whiskey." As for "One Way Ticket," a foray into Kenny Chesney-style country "reggae," let's just say beach weather isn't Underwood's thing.

2 and half stars of 5 .

Blown Away | Album Reviews | Rolling Stone

that's it? what a lame review...
    rainbow1 likes this.

Why they all hate One Way Ticket ? I love that song ! Its different for Carrie but its different in a good way ! The song is awsome .
    maddkat and Hil like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    How disappointing that they don't see and feel Carrie's music like millions do. I actually feel sorry for what they are missing.
    Gator, Ann055, Lstname89 and 4 others like this.

Concert Stars
    RS don't know what they're talking about! Then again, who cares what they think! Thanks for posting.
    oldyfan and simonplay like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Never cared for RS mag anyway.. I have had BA(album) on repeat since I got it last Tuesday.. Never before have I had this much interest in one album. Critics don't get it? That's fine, because they don't make an album PLATINUM, the FANS do!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Dang that's gonna add a 50% to Metacritic. Still better than a 20% like for PO I suppose!

Concert Stars
    *cringe*

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I think some of these "critics" need a bag full of S$It set fire on their porch!!! I'm sure Tee would love to join!!!

Which one are they referring that was trying too hard, BA the album or BA the title track?

Well, say what they want to say, but I love the whole album. That is what is important to me.

Junior Carrie Follower
    The magazine sucks arse and has for years but that's the entire review, a paragraph?
    rainbow1 and Cathie Wynkoop like this.

Spin magazine is worse lol. Have you seen their recent reviews? Just one-liners per album.

Concert Stars
    Can I join you on the porch thing?!!!!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Can I join you on the porch thing?!!!!!
    Sure!!! Anyone who wants to come is welcome. I'l steal a school bus or something, and we'll make rounds to everyone who needs "taken care of"! Might want to hold on, I've never driven a bus!
    carriefan13 and pklongbeach like this.

Concert Stars
    WTF? Really?

How can you say that a song or an album is "trying too hard"? I don't understand. Maybe because I'm just a simple person, either I enjoy a song or I don't. Lol

Junior Carrie Follower carriefan13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Ten bucks says this guy didn't even listen to half the album. I'm not even sure the songs he did hear were the same I heard. Really? This album will kick a** and this "reviewer" will eat his words.

Concert Stars
    It's too bad the entertainment industry has to suffer through these reviews of one persons opinion. At the end of the day for the metacritic , we have the opinions of what - 9 people who have the say on what is good or not... Very sad but the good news is in spite of them the buyer enthusiasm and word of mouth has been great for Blown Away and it has gotten lots of great reviews outside of the metacritic chosen, I think a few reviewers have a NO symbol plastered on their foreheads when it comes to liking anything to do with American Idol - not giving RS any clicks - it's up to us, Carrie's fans to spread the word how great this album is!!!!!!!

Added note: I just had a thought - RS is contributing to the downfall of the music industry by suggesting people not buy music - Bye Bye Rolling Stone Bye Bye, Bye Bye

Huge Carrie Follower
    I'm going to go out and buy 2 more copies just for that. My daughter was listening to this yesterday and she commented that One Way Ticket was going to be on radio this summer and she really liked it. Who cares what RS says the album is going to sell.
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

I give a middle-finger for them

A 7 lines review, so "legit"

•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast