• 1 Post By jaylee50
  • 10 Post By LouisaJessie
  • 3 Post By pgk
  • 4 Post By Farawayhills
  • 2 Post By rainbow1
  • 1 Post By judes
  • 1 Post By Suellen
  • 1 Post By jbrown

Thread: Sunday Mirror (UK) - Carrie Underwood on Writing Music, Adele, The Spice Girls &

Sunday Mirror (UK) - Carrie Underwood on Writing Music, Adele, The Spice Girls &

Carrie Underwood exclusive: - 3am & Mirror Online

'I'm not just an American Idol puppet these days': Carrie Underwood on writing music, Adele, the Spice Girls and starting a family

Good Girl singer makes her UK debut tour date at the Royal Albert Hall in June

It's not everyday you get the opportunity to fly to New York to hang out with an American Idol winner.

I jumped on a flight last weekend to go and meet up with music star Carrie Underwood.

In the UK she's not a big name...yet. But she's clearly got fans – after all, tickets to her debut UK tour date at the Royal Albert Hall in June sold out in a matter of minutes last week.

In real life she's cute, bubbly and very easy to talk to and I'm pleased to report very normal considering the fact she's mobbed everywhere she goes in the States.

I'll set the scene, we met for a drink in the plush London Hotel in NYC and loads of fans were queueing up to say hello whilst we enjoyed a glass of wine in a quiet corner.

Managed by Spice Girls creator Simon Fuller, this week Carrie releases Good Girl - her first proper single in the UK. Then her debut album for UK fans, Blown Away, follows on June 18.

Enjoy the interview and I look forward to meeting this young lady again when she comes to the UK in the summer.

Interview at the link: Carrie Underwood exclusive: - 3am & Mirror Online

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    That was an interesting interview. I like the Q & A approach. A lot of good information we've read before, but placed in a different context. It is so good that the UK loves Carrie.
    oldyfan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood - Sunday Mirror (UK) Sunday, May 6, 2012

Attachment 28612

Great article. It's nice to see Carrie being featured in the press here in the UK. I have scanned the clipping above. Enjoy! Thank you for posting, Ann055.
    Last edited by LouisaJessie; 05-06-2012 at 08:01 AM.
    Ace, jaylee50, Ann055 and 7 others like this.

Carrie watches The Kardashians, lol.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Great article. Good exposure in UK. Thanks for posting Ann.

I had to smile when the interviewer usedthe word 'cute' to describe Carrie. That word just doesn't pop into my head in relation to Carrie...her mannerisms may be 'cute' but nothing less than 'beautiful' describes her looks, imo.
    Ann055, Mirasa45A and oldyfan like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    This is an interesting read. I love how down to earth Carrie is. It's great that she appreciates British music. I hope she enjoys her time here next month and hopefully she will return again soon. Thank you for the 'likes' guys. I'm glad that I could post this for you all.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    She mentioned my county!

(Unfortunately, though, I wasn't the friend she stayed with - my helicopter was in for repair at the time...)

Concert Stars
    Thanks Ann, and Louisa!! This is so exciting!!! She's no puppet, that's for sure!!
    LouisaJessie and Ann055 like this.

Concert Stars
    Gosh those pics of her are amazing - just sitting there at an interview looking absolutely radiant - Carrie never takes a bad pic Nice interview too, the guy seems really nice , I know the London press can get a bit scary so I'm glad this is a positive review and it seems they are looking forward to Carrie coming to the UK
    Ann055 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    She mentioned my county!

(Unfortunately, though, I wasn't the friend she stayed with - my helicopter was in for repair at the time...)
    Way to waste an opportunity Faraway! haha
    Becca

Carrie Guru
    don't ever want to be locked into one type of song or style. I never want people going, “oh, that sounds like Carrie Underwood”. I want things to sound different from song to song and that's what we've done with this particular album.
    I think Carrie accomplished this --and because of that, I really love this album !

Carrie Guru
    nd also I do think as a mother it's tricky in this industry. I know so many men that have kids and just carry on with life as normal but for women it's a far bigger deal in this industry to take time out to have a child. And I'm not done yet.
    Wow, She is a very well informed !

Concert Stars
    Thanks Ann and LouisaJessie, enjoyed both articles. So happy for the UK fans that Carrie is finally going the UK.
    LouisaJessie likes this.

I love that you can SO tell this is a British interview, just because of the way it's written and some of the words and phrases used. lol

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    I think Carrie accomplished this --and because of that, I really love this album !
    Me too. Good job Carrie.
    Mirasa45A likes this.

Concert Stars
    awesome interview...interesting...can't believe she watches the kardashians LOL

•