Like Tree14Likes
  • 10 Post By Kenny_Chisholm
  • 1 Post By CarrieUnderwoodismyHero
  • 2 Post By Mirasa45A
  • 1 Post By kewlie78189

Thread: Music: No limits for Carrie Underwood (Australia Tour Article)

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Music: No limits for Carrie Underwood (Australia Tour Article)

Ahead of her Australian tour, which will include appearances in Tamworth, the queen of country talks about her restless search for new experiences --------------
    LISTEN to her tough-girl tunes and gutsy ballads, and you'd think Carrie Underwood's life was rough and full of heartbreak.
    Her new album, Blown Away, is rife with songs of revenge, abuse and love gone wrong, but with a happy marriage and great music career, Underwood is far from broken.
    "Being in love and having my wonderfully normal life outside of the music business, I feel like I really want to play different characters," one of the world's biggest country music singers says from New York.
    "I want to go somewhere else with my songs other than 'look how happy I am, I love my husband so much'."
    Right now, the Oklahoma-born Underwood, 29, is focusing on getting her new tunes out to the world. She is set to tour Australia for the first time next month, performing in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne and even our country music capital - Tamworth.

"I haven't been to Tamworth before. I heard Keith Urban played there and loved it and it sold out super-duper quick," she says.
    "Obviously there's a huge love for country music there, so I thought it would be a great idea to play there."
    Being the king and the queen of country music and Nashville neighbours, it's no surprise Australian-born Urban and Underwood are friends.
    The pair has toured and performed at numerous events together, including the Academy of Country Music Awards.
    "He's such a nice guy," Underwood says of TV's The Voice coach.
    "He's really quiet offstage, which is something I don't think people would really guess because he's so open and such a showman once he's on stage in front of the crowd, but he's actually a really mild-mannered guy."
    "I wonder if he'll be in (Australia) while I'm there," she muses.
    Underwood hopes husband Mike Fisher will join her on the Australian leg of her tour to celebrate the pair's second wedding anniversary on July 11.
    She met the Canadian ice hockey player backstage at one of her concerts in 2008, and they were married in a secret ceremony in North Carolina.
    With Fisher not being a fan of bus travel, Underwood says the fact she had to fly from state to state was a lot more appealing to her sportsman husband.
    "We're going to play it by ear, but we didn't really do anything last year for our anniversary because he'd just had shoulder surgery and couldn't be away from home, so we just took a little weekend drive to a bed and breakfast," she says.
    "We might do that again once we get back home, but I'd love to just stay there and actually get to wander around and check things out."
    Underwood also says she's in no rush to start a family with Fisher and wants to see where her career takes her in the next two years.
    "It really doesn't make sense with our schedules right now," she admits.
    "One of our jobs would severely suffer, so we're not really there yet. We've only been married two years so I really like having this time, just me and him and our dogs."
    Underwood burst on to the music scene in 2005 when she won American Idol. Since then, she's notched up five Grammys, six American Music Awards and dozens of country music gongs.
    The reality singing show (she's the most successful Idol contestant in the history of the show) was a last chance for Underwood, who was studying mass communication and had all but given up on a future in singing.
    Aside from the million-dollar recording contract and Ford Mustang convertible, winning Idol gave her the confidence boost she needed.
    "I was just a baby fresh out of college trying to figure out what I was doing," she says.
    "Every lesson I learned I needed to learn though, so in terms of advice I don't think I would have told (my younger self) too much, because I needed to learn them all."
    Her post-Idol debut album, Some Hearts, was the highest-selling of 2006 in the US and certified seven times platinum.
    It set the bar high for the young songstress, but her second and third albums achieved similar chart success.
    And her new, fourth album, Blown Away - with its mix of upbeat country pop and darker tracks - will no doubt appeal to her enormous fan base. Today, Underwood says she lives for the moment, and aside from her upcoming album release and Australian tour, the future's a mystery - and she loves that.
    "I try not to think too far ahead and enjoy what's going on right now," she says. "For me it's all about doing what I do and just looking for that next opportunity."
    It's this "fear of missing out" mentality which saw Underwood try her hand at acting, appearing in movie Soul Surfer (released last year), as teen surfer Bethany Hamilton's mentor.
    "I never really thought of myself as being an actress but when they were making the movie Soul Surfer they called up and asked if I wanted to be part of it," she says.
    "I never thought I'd get to write a song for a movie, either, and then the people who are doing Chronicles Of Narnia called up and asked if I wanted to write for it, and I said 'of course'.
    "I really try not to put too many blinders or limitations on and shoot for that one thing I want to do because I feel I could miss out on a lot of other stuff."
    --------------

Blown Away is out now. Underwood will play at Tamworth's TRECC on June 29 and the Brisbane Convention Centre on June 30. Tickets on sale from 9am, Monday May 14.

Music: No limits for Carrie Underwood | The Courier-Mail

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Really great article, but I couldn't help but notice...
    She met the Canadian ice hockey player backstage at one of her concerts in 2008, and they were married in a secret ceremony in North Carolina.
    *Georgia lol
    countryfan2006 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    It is my observation that Carrie is a person who love to do new things (she is an adventurer) or she is a person that gets tired of doing the same thing over and over -- just my observation.
    Ann055 and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    I hope all of you in Australia enjoy seeing Carrie - and we want pics and reviews of her shows!

I hope Carrie & Mike have a good time in Australia too! I am glad that Mike gets to go with her and enjoy Australia.

Concert Stars
    ^^ she is an adventurer! so glad she is going to Australia!
    Mirasa45A likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    i will go to australia just to watch carrie. i hope she tours the philippines though

by the way, is keith a judge of The voice?

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by NEILHUNK View Post
    i will go to australia just to watch carrie. i hope she tours the philippines though

Yes, Keith is one of the judges on the voice. Delta Goodren is also one of the judges.
    I don't remember who the other two judges are.

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by NEILHUNK View Post

Which show are you attending?

New Carrie Fan
    i can't wait for the time that carrie will be touring in europe !! I have some relatives in australia so i 'll tell them to support carrie !! Such a lucky country !!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    This is a good article. It's great to see lots of publicity about Carrie outside of America. I'm glad that other countries are being introduced to Carrie and her music. I wish her every success in Australia, I'm sure they will love here over there! I believe Carrie is set for world domination! It's so exciting, I'm loving the Blown Away era!

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Loving the press & promo! I'm trying to work out what extra shows to go to lol I wonder if I can tackle both Brissie & Tamworth before back to Sydney...

•