Like Tree22Likes
  • 12 Post By carrieguy2
  • 3 Post By LouisaJessie
  • 3 Post By carebear4eva
  • 1 Post By Cathie Wynkoop
  • 3 Post By Mirasa45A

Thread: Carrie Underwood Confesses: “It’s Always Horrifying To Come Back” To ‘Idol’

Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood Confesses: “It’s Always Horrifying To Come Back” To ‘Idol’

this story with Carrie's pic is currently the lead article on the Yahoo! home page!

Carrie Underwood is the most successful "American Idol" alum of all time, so you'd think that when she returned this week to perform on the show, after seven years and four hit albums, nerves wouldn't be an issue for her. But speaking to Yahoo!'s Reality Rocks backstage after guesting on "Idol's" top five results show, she readily admitted that whenever she's on "Idol," it feels like Season 4 all over again for her. "It's always horrifying to come back, I'm not going to lie!" she laughed. "I perform all over the place, on television shows and in front of tens of thousands of people, but coming back here still strikes fear in my heart! I get so nervous! I guess it's just one of those Pavlov's-theory things; it just represents a scary time in my life."
    Carrie revealed that watching the contestants squirm in their seats on elimination nights definitely stirs up memories of her own emotional "Idol" run, even though she was never actually in the bottom three herself. "Before the show tonight, I got to meet all of the remaining Idols and talk to them, and Phillip [Phillips] was like, 'You can come sit on the couch with us if you want to.' And I was like, 'No, no, my time on the couch is done! I don't want to be on that couch anymore. I'm good!" she joked.
    As for any words of wisdom that she had for this season's crop of aspiring Idols, Carrie quipped, "There's really no advice I can give them at this point that can make their lives better! They've just got to hold on and endure it, and learn as much as they can." But Carrie didn't seem to be too worried about country contestant Skylar Laine, who'd earned comparisons to Carrie this season but ironically was eliminated the same night Carrie performed. "She doesn't need my advice! She's already light-years ahead of where I was when I was on 'Idol.' I think she'll be welcomed into country music with open arms," said Carrie.

Carrie Underwood Confesses:
    Ann055, rainbow1, rosie08 and 9 others like this.

Thanks for posting!!

Concert Stars
    Carrie's so cute. x)

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Aw! She's so humble! I don't think Carrie realises how good she is! This says a lot about Carrie as a person, she has said that she doesn't feel worthy of her success. She's so down to earth, it's endearing. I love her!
    Last edited by LouisaJessie; 05-18-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    Hil, liz278 and Cathie Wynkoop like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    can somebody explain pavlov's theory. im not a magna cum laude like carrie, hahahahah

Concert Stars
    Poor Carrie! You wouldn't think she was nervous, watching her.

Thank you for posting!!

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Great article.Im glad they reconized that shes the most successful winner.

Quote Originally Posted by NEILHUNK View Post
    can somebody explain pavlov's theory. im not a magna cum laude like carrie, hahahahah
    Well, he performed this experiments with dogs...Every time he fed them something tasty, he'd do SOMETHING...So with one group he'd ring a bell, with others he'd whistle, clap his hands etc. In response to the food, the dogs would get all hyper, start drooling, etc.

Soon he noticed that they'd do so, even if there was no food. That is, after ringing a bell or clapping his hands when he'd feed them for a week or so, they started to associate the sound with tasty food, and would start drooling. So even if there's no food, they'd start to drool in response to a bell, or a hand-clap.

That's what Carrie means...She associated that Idol stage and couch with such fear, nervousness, anxiety, etc. that now, even 7 years later she starts to freak out when she's there, despite the fact that she's a mega star. The Idol stage is permanently associated with nervousness to her.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Well, he performed this experiments with dogs...Every time he fed them something tasty, he'd do SOMETHING...So with one group he'd ring a bell, with others he'd whistle, clap his hands etc. In response to the food, the dogs would get all hyper, start drooling, etc.

Soon he noticed that they'd do so, even if there was no food. That is, after ringing a bell or clapping his hands when he'd feed them for a week or so, they started to associate the sound with tasty food, and would start drooling. So even if there's no food, they'd start to drool in response to a bell, or a hand-clap.

That's what Carrie means...She associated that Idol stage and couch with such fear, nervousness, anxiety, etc. that now, even 7 years later she starts to freak out when she's there, despite the fact that she's a mega star. The Idol stage is permanently associated with nervousness to her.
    Great explanation!!!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Carrie has a "Psychological Trauma " of being on American Idol
    Hil, rainbow1 and liveasong like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathie Wynkoop View Post
    Great explanation!!!
    thanks so much for the explanation

Concert Stars
    I love how Carrie is so thankful for idol! She appreciates it and cares enough to go back and perform and talk with the contestants...it would be nice if some of the other idols did that too! Thanks for posting!

•