Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree70Likes
  • 23 Post By LouisaJessie
  • 2 Post By jbrown
  • 2 Post By Ann055
  • 7 Post By Carrie&Taylor
  • 9 Post By pgk
  • 3 Post By kewlie78189
  • 6 Post By pklongbeach
  • 3 Post By pgk
  • 8 Post By 12russ79
  • 4 Post By 12russ79
  • 1 Post By huganticcanadiancarriefan

Thread: Underwood takes rightful place on country throne

  1. #1
    Carrie Guru
    LouisaJessie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    13,641
    Concert Stars

    Underwood takes rightful place on country throne

    The queen of country, Carrie Underwood, is back after three years with her fourth album signed with 19 Recordings Limited. After listening to “Blown Away” you’ll find it’s an apt title. Since the release of her album May 1, Underwood started the month at No. 1 on iTunes and is ready to sit back atop her throne.

    After being crowned the winner of American Idol’s fourth season, Underwood has gone on to record three chart-topping albums: seven-time−platinum “Some Hearts”, triple-platinum “Carnival Ride” and double-platinum “Play On”. She has 11 No. 1 hits and Academy of Country Music Awards and has earned five Grammys. The Oklahoma native has proven to be the most successful Idol thus far.
    She knows how to belt it out in her country lane and still remain relevant and on top. Underwood has the best-selling solo debut album by a female in country music history, the best-selling country album of the last decade, and she is tied with Reba McEntire* for the most No. 1 hits since 1991 among female country artists. With “Inside Your Heaven,” Underwood is also the only country artist to hit No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the 2000s.

    Underwood’s first single off “Blown Away,” “Good Girl,” was released on iTunes Feb. 23, started airing on the radio by Feb. 27 and has already been given Gold certification by the RIAA. The song showcases her strong blending of rock and country, much like past successes “Before He Cheats” and “Cowboy Casanova.”

    Underwood is an artist that likes to tell stories in her songs. Underwood has stated that “Blown Away” has a much “darker storyline,” and after you listen to it, you’ll definitely agree. In the title track, Underwood wishes a tornado would take out her “sin-filled” house and abusive father. “Two Black Cadillacs” is about a dark secret between a man, his wife and his mistress. “Forever Changed” is a story about a happy woman’s life that ends in tragedy after she passes away due to Alzheimer’s. However, not everything about this album is dark.

    Underwood peppered the album with songs like “Who Are You,” “Good in Goodbye,” “One Way Ticket” and “Leave Love Alone,” which all show a lighter kick of her country twang. Much like “Good Girl,” “Wine After Whiskey” and “Cupid’s Got a Shotgun” show off her fighting side. After the emotional and powerful songs, Underwood leads you into a more relaxed state from being “lost in this crazy world” and has you think about your origin as you listen to “Thank God For Hometowns.”

    Without a doubt, Carrie Underwood’s angelic voice takes you through “Blown Away” feeling every emotion she wants you to. If the album isn’t enough, Underwood announced The Blown Away Tour for later this year with some festival shows over the summer and dedicated shows in the fall throughout North America. You must listen to this album. She’s ready to blow away the competition once again. “…I loaded up these shells. He’s about to find out I’m a dang good shot myself.”

    Underwood takes rightful place on country throne | The Triangle

  • #2
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    2,545
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisaJessie View Post
    The queen of country, Carrie Underwood, is back after three years with her fourth album signed with 19 Recordings Limited. After listening to “Blown Away” you’ll find it’s an apt title. Since the release of her album May 1, Underwood started the month at No. 1 on iTunes and is ready to sit back atop her throne.After being crowned the winner of American Idol’s fourth season, Underwood has gone on to record three chart-topping albums: seven-time−platinum “Some Hearts”, triple-platinum “Carnival Ride” and double-platinum “Play On”. She has 11 No. 1 hits and Academy of Country Music Awards and has earned five Grammys. The Oklahoma native has proven to be the most successful Idol thus far.She knows how to belt it out in her country lane and still remain relevant and on top. Underwood has the best-selling solo debut album by a female in country music history, the best-selling country album of the last decade, and she is tied with Reba McEntire* for the most No. 1 hits since 1991 among female country artists. With “Inside Your Heaven,” Underwood is also the only country artist to hit No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the 2000s.Underwood’s first single off “Blown Away,” “Good Girl,” was released on iTunes Feb. 23, started airing on the radio by Feb. 27 and has already been given Gold certification by the RIAA. The song showcases her strong blending of rock and country, much like past successes “Before He Cheats” and “Cowboy Casanova.”Underwood is an artist that likes to tell stories in her songs. Underwood has stated that “Blown Away” has a much “darker storyline,” and after you listen to it, you’ll definitely agree. In the title track, Underwood wishes a tornado would take out her “sin-filled” house and abusive father. “Two Black Cadillacs” is about a dark secret between a man, his wife and his mistress. “Forever Changed” is a story about a happy woman’s life that ends in tragedy after she passes away due to Alzheimer’s. However, not everything about this album is dark.Underwood peppered the album with songs like “Who Are You,” “Good in Goodbye,” “One Way Ticket” and “Leave Love Alone,” which all show a lighter kick of her country twang. Much like “Good Girl,” “Wine After Whiskey” and “Cupid’s Got a Shotgun” show off her fighting side. After the emotional and powerful songs, Underwood leads you into a more relaxed state from being “lost in this crazy world” and has you think about your origin as you listen to “Thank God For Hometowns.”Without a doubt, Carrie Underwood’s angelic voice takes you through “Blown Away” feeling every emotion she wants you to. If the album isn’t enough, Underwood announced The Blown Away Tour for later this year with some festival shows over the summer and dedicated shows in the fall throughout North America. You must listen to this album. She’s ready to blow away the competition once again. “…I loaded up these shells. He’s about to find out I’m a dang good shot myself.”Underwood takes rightful place on country throne | The Triangle
    Good review. Love love it.
    NEILHUNK and oldyfan like this.

  • #3
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Ann055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    9,189
    Thanks for posting! Awesome article!! Love, love, love it!! I am so ready for Carrie to sit back atop her throne!!
    oldyfan and Gator like this.

  • #4
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    1,256
    "Underwood takes rightful place on country throne" ain't that the truth?

  • #5
    pgk
    pgk is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,930
    That's a great article but I was somewhat confused with the title...I mean I didn't know that Carrie's throne had been occupied even temporarily by someone else. Just because Carrie was on hiatus doesn't mean she gave it up nor as far as I know was it usurped. I will admit that an attempt was and still is being made, but it never came to fruition. There are some who thought/think the take-over was successful but alas they are misinformed. Enlightenment occurred on May 1, when Blown Away blew into town.

  • #6
    Carrie Fans Maniac kewlie78189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    26,142
    Concert Stars
    this review has seriously made my day...amazing!
    countryfan2006, oldyfan and Ann055 like this.

  • #7
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    Why do I hear a ceremonial anthem playing in my head.
    Long live Queen Carrie!!
    Ann055, Johngalt, rainbow1 and 3 others like this.

  • #8
    pgk
    pgk is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,930
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Why do I hear a ceremonial anthem playing in my head.
    Long live Queen Carrie!!


    Well, it's not just in your head because I hear it too!
    rainbow1, oldyfan and Ann055 like this.

  • #9
    Obsessed Carrie Fan 12russ79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,636
    Concert Stars
    At the risk of sounding like a CHEERLEADER....LMAO
    MAY HER REIGN BE LONG AND PROSPEROUS....
    If your a true Carriefan how can you help but be excited with what's going on... These parts havnt seen this kind of excitement since BEFORE HE CHEATS and SOME HEARTS were dominating the charts.... AND IN COUNTRY MUSIC TODAY ALL THE KINGS BOW TO THE QUEEN!!!
    Suellen, mofan, Johngalt and 5 others like this.

  • #10
    Carrie Guru allamericangirl8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SoCal.
    Posts
    14,430
    Concert Stars
    Really cool review! I like to see people give credit to Leave Love Alone and Cupid's Got A Shotgun. They don't get enough credit. And some love for Wine After Whiskey.

    Quote Originally Posted by 12russ79 View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a CHEERLEADER
    Was that really necessary? :/

  • #11
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    15,359
    Concert Stars
    All of the above...and, this is from a University!!!! Yehhhh, the young people like it!!!!!

  • #12
    Obsessed Carrie Fan 12russ79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,636
    Concert Stars
    Nicole you have earned the right for me to let that go....
    I respect you to much...Besides it was just a joke... What happened to your sense of humor?

    This forum needs to be rocking with positivity... That's what I try and do... Because there's way to much negative in the world outside of this forum....Positivity is a lot harder to achieve then negativity... I love positive people and thats who I surround myself with in life.... Positive people accomplish great things in life... Carrie is a great example of that.....Negative people only bring themselves down to the level of there negativity eventually... Its a self-fulfilling prophesy ...

  • #13
    Carrie Guru allamericangirl8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SoCal.
    Posts
    14,430
    Concert Stars
    It didn't sound to me like you were trying to be funny. It sounded to me like you were trying to be passive-aggressive.

    But hey, you and I have been disagreeing a lot lately. It's possible I read into it because of that. Either way, I have one of the biggest senses of humor on this forum and I didn't find it funny. Oh, well. I'll "let it go" this time.

  • #14
    Obsessed Carrie Fan huganticcanadiancarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Penticton, BC
    Posts
    2,010
    Concert Stars
    First off all i'm in tears, that is so awesome, after reading a certain thread last night, i was so livid, i was like, wth?. that and watching Carrie's performance last night, just showed me what an artist Carrie is, and to me it is amazing, then Skylar leaving idol, when i thought she was safe(damn dial idol anyways, they had her pegged as safe). i sincerely hope everyone is seeing what im seeing with Carrie, This is her time of "Critical Acclaim", her time to shine to be rightfully seated on the country music throne. Thanx for listening to my rant..
    allamericangirl8 likes this.

  • #15
    Obsessed Carrie Fan huganticcanadiancarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Penticton, BC
    Posts
    2,010
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie&Taylor View Post
    "Underwood takes rightful place on country throne" ain't that the truth?






    Amen to that

  • #16
    Obsessed Carrie Fan PDBowden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,086
    I love how they call her "the queen" of country music.

  • #17
    Ultimate Carrie Fan OkieChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    7,858
    Concert Stars
    Very nice article!


  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Carrie Underwood Takes Home Gold at American Country Awards
      By Ann055 in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 12-14-2011, 12:05 AM
    2. Replies: 60
      Last Post: 08-19-2011, 08:28 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •