• 8 Post By Pi314CA
  • 1 Post By cole
  • 2 Post By countryfan2006
  • 6 Post By Claire2004
  • 1 Post By LouisaJessie
  • 1 Post By pklongbeach
  • 1 Post By pklongbeach
  • 5 Post By Farawayhills

Thread: Carrie Underwood Performs ‘Blown Away’ on ‘American Idol’ (Taste of Country)

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Carrie Underwood Performs ‘Blown Away’ on ‘American Idol’ (Taste of Country)

Carrie Underwood Performs ‘Blown Away’ on ‘American Idol’
    By: Amy Sciarretto

Carrie Underwood was the winner of ‘American Idol‘ way back in Season 4, but she has progressed into a full-blown, legitimate country superstar in the years since she nabbed that crown. It’s pretty much a footnote of her career at this point. But that didn’t stop the ‘Good Girl’ from returning to her former stomping grounds to perform on Thursday night, especially since her new album ‘Blown Away’ dropped earlier this week.

What was once her springboard and her launching pad is now a promotional vehicle, several albums deep into her career. On tonight’s (May 3) elimination/results episode, Underwood performed the title track of her new album, draped in a white dress with a slit up to there and a black sash. She looked, in a word, breathtaking.

Underwood was elevated on steps as she performed, with storm clouds roaring on the screens behind her. She was bathed in light as smoke billowed at feet. It was quite a production — and while it’s not likely she’ll repeat this styling on her tour, it still gave fans something to look forward to when she does hit the road on her Blown Away Tour.

Underwood looked like an angel and a goddess, with her hair blowing in the wind and in towering black heels. After she performed, she apologized for making a mess, thanks to the fans blowing bits around, she reminded viewers that she will be going on tour this September and that tickets go on sale on May 11, so scoop ‘em up.

Link: Carrie Underwood Performs ‘Blown Away’ on ‘American Idol’
    Ann055, mofan, Gator and 5 others like this.

Thanks for posting!

Concert Stars
    Stunning is a great word for last night.
    oldyfan likes this.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Thanks for posting, Carrie was amazing last night.
    Countryfan2448 and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    Ok, so after watching it a second time (now that the shock of her choosing to sing it has worn off) it really was great.
    How high must our expectations of her be to think that that was not as great as anyone of her contemporaries could have ever done.
    No, it was great. Was her voice a little tired? Maybe. Morelikely she was just not warmed up. A voice like that needs a warm up session. IF she hit it cold, she may have just not had the flexibility in her vocal chords.
    But it was much much better than I remember from lastnight.
    Great Carrie. Loved it and love you!!

Goddess Carrie :

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Yes, Carrie looked absolutely stunning last night. It's always nice to see her return to the Idol stage. So much has happened in those seven years since she won. I'm proud to call myself a fan of Carrie Underwood. She's the best!
    pklongbeach likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Ok, so after watching it a second time (now that the shock of her choosing to sing it has worn off) it really was great.How high must our expectations of her be to think that that was not as great as anyone of her contemporaries could have ever done.No, it was great. Was her voice a little tired? Maybe. Morelikely she was just not warmed up. A voice like that needs a warm up session. IF she hit it cold, she may have just not had the flexibility in her vocal chords.But it was much much better than I remember from lastnight.Great Carrie. Loved it and love you!!
    Good post. Shealso admiited that she was really really nervous and couldnt breathe. She said she was not nervous at all once during all her performances all week but coming back to Idol made her so nervous. But the performance was great. Loveit.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    Good post. Shealso admiited that she was really really nervous and couldnt breathe. She said she was not nervous at all once during all her performances all week but coming back to Idol made her so nervous. But the performance was great. Loveit.
    Awww, see, how sweet is that.
    She can sing to 15,000 at the Hollywood Bowl and have a blast.
    But gets nervous going back to Idol.
    30 million viewers is something to be nervous about thought. And also with Coldplay being there.
    When is this girl going to learn how great she really is.
    Funny about this, cause my roommate called it when he said, she looked trapped between being a suerstar and a scared contestant again. I guess he was right.
    When is this girl going to figure out that it doesn't matter what she does. People like you Carrie, They REally Like You!!
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

Concert Stars
    I think to, it has to do with so many calling her "the best voice in the industry".
    Comments like that freaked Barbra Streisand out so much she could not sing live for many many years.
    That kind fo thing can get in your head if you are a perfectionist. And Carrie is.
    Luckily for Taylor Swift fan, they never have to worry about her fear of perfectionism (wink)!
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

Concert Stars
    great review and I loved the dress she wore!

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I wish they would recreate this for the tour.

Concert Stars
    I also think that not all the sound systems are set up for Carrie. I know that at some awards shows (CMT awards is one that comes to mind) the mic and sound system are not the top and when we hear Carrie sing it's not perfect and we all go, wow, that wasn't the best that we have heard! I think we sometimes forget that in the midst of listening. So before we say how we think Carrie is off, maybe we need to remember that it could be the sound system . . .
    I also think that Carrie was not perfect last night (but I think she sounded awesome and loved it and have played it many times since I DVR'd it), but that also makes her human and makes me love her even more - we were talking about this in another thread and another time but people expect Carrie to be perfect and when she's not. . .

One thing I disagree with in the article - I actually think that kind of production will be reproduced on the tour. Maybe even bigger.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    "American Idol" was shown tonight on UK television. Believe it or not, I've never watched it before (though I have seen Carrie's clips on YouTube.) I enjoyed the girl singing "Gunpowder and Lead", but was a bit annoyed that the other guest band got two performance spots, and Carrie, who shows them such loyalty, only got one!

"Good Girl" was probably the one I really wanted, as that song has such remarkable vocal changes, but I agree with Jess's comment in the locked thread

Epicamends: "The point of Carrie performing on Idol tonight was to promote the album. I think they made a smart choice performing Blown Away - it showcases something else from the album that people haven't been hearing on the radio for months already"
    Carrie looked stunning - the classical white dress and the close-up focus on her eyes added to the dramatic power of the song for me, suggesting the "avenging angel" and "fresh start" aspects implied in the lyrics. I disagree with some posters who found the vocals a bit flat. There is, in fact, a slightly hypnotic delivery implied in parts of the song, and I was impressed with the way Carrie and Jamelle managed to convey most of the eerie effects of the studio performance. This is not easy to achieve, and I thought the vocals were very well handled. Although Carrie says Idol always brings back nerves for her, I thought she looked confidant and committed to this song. The visuals were interesting, especially the swirling wind effects in the circular back drop. My one criticism was that the searchlights and dry ice seemed a bit distracting, and almost completely obscured the band (who were so well shown in the Letterman performances).
    Gator, Ann055, Claire2004 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    "American Idol" was shown tonight on UK television. Believe it or not, I've never watched it before (though I have seen Carrie's clips on YouTube.) I enjoyed the girl singing "Gunpowder and Lead", but was a bit annoyed that the other guest band got two performance spots, and Carrie, who shows them such loyalty, only got one!

"Good Girl" was probably the one I really wanted, as that song has such remarkable vocal changes, but I agree with Jess's comment in the locked thread

Carrie looked stunning - the classical white dress and the close-up focus on her eyes added to the dramatic power of the song for me, suggesting the "avenging angel" and "fresh start" aspects implied in the lyrics. I disagree with some posters who found the vocals a bit flat. There is, in fact, a slightly hypnotic delivery implied in parts of the song, and I was impressed with the way Carrie and Jamelle managed to convey most of the eerie effects of the studio performance. This is not easy to achieve, and I thought the vocals were very well handled. Although Carrie says Idol always brings back nerves for her, I thought she looked confidant and committed to this song. The visuals were interesting, especially the swirling wind effects in the circular back drop. My one criticism was that the searchlights and dry ice seemed a bit distracting, and almost completely obscured the band (who were so well shown in the Letterman performances).
    Thank you for your post; I always enjoy them. Ty mentioned it and I didn't see it the first few times I watched the video -- but the angel formation behind Carrie when the music first started -- wow -- very powerful sight.

New Carrie Fan
    she was amazing in that performance and i can understand why she was so nervous but she will forever be the best !!

Huge Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    I thought she did fantastic but she did seem a little nervous, probably cos she has never performed it/ being back on AI. I loved how even though it was a small performance they still did a lot with it production wise. I hope the billboard award performance is just as good

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie's performance was great! You'd never suspect any nerves. She's such a pro! It's amazing to think how far Carrie has come in those seven years since her American Idol win. She's done herself (and us, her fans) proud. She looked like an absolute goddess, too!

•