Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By Pi314CA
  • 1 Post By LouisaJessie
  • 1 Post By boilermaker
  • 2 Post By Mirasa45A
  • 2 Post By Mirasa45A

Thread: American Idol recap - EW.com (Carrie mentioned)

Ultimate Carrie Fan

American Idol recap - EW.com (Carrie mentioned)

An excerpt from EW.com article:

Speaking of garbage flying in people's faces, "our own country powerhouse Carrie Underwood" emerged in a heavenly cloud of the deadly smoke machine's turbo-level thank-god-it's-Thursday emissions and proceeded to sing her new single "Blown Away" in a simulated tornado. This was not the best Carrie has ever sounded (what was with the low verses?), but she's been furiously spinning her dust particles all week promoting this album. And she's sooooooo gorgeous.

"There's not enough wind in Oklahoma to rip the nails out of the past." How does Carrie Underwood (or her songwriters) do that? I feel like I've been exposed to a profound geographical and emotional truth here. Like, I didn't know I needed that line in my life and now it is EVERYTHING.

Link: 'American Idol' results recap: Skylar Laine eliminated | Season 11 Episode 34 | EW.com

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I don't understand why people are criticizing Carrie's performance. I thought she did fine, I'm not being biased, honest!
    Carrie&Taylor likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan boilermaker's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    All they said was it wasn't the best Carrie has ever sounded as people expect greatness from Carrie everytime she sings. Carrie said herself after the show that she gets very nervous singing on Idol as it brings back all the same feelings she had when she was on the show. She is the same way at awards shows. It is why she sounds better in other performances when she is more relaxed.
    Carrie&Taylor likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisaJessie View Post
    I don't understand why people are criticizing Carrie's performance. I thought she did fine, I'm not being biased, honest!
    Do not worry -- as long as the album sales goes up, it's fine . Look at Taylor Swift, she does not care if she's singing out of tune or not as long as people buy her albums
    pklongbeach and Carrie&Taylor like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    The article/comments were absolutely fine - Carrie fan and thats what we want!!

Concert Stars
    Being honest, I agree with the writer.
    IT was an upbeat comment and meant with sincerity and affection for Carrie.
    It wasn't the best she has ever sung (and he was right to call out the fact that it was becaue the verses are so low). IT was more of an allowance. It felt very supportive to me.
    But when I went back and listened again, I though she did great.
    It was just soooo different from what people expect, it caused everyone to listen very very colsely.
    And when you do that you are gonna find flaws.
    Unless your Jessica S. (or inhuman)

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    It wasn't the best she has ever sung (and he was right to call out the fact that it was becaue the verses are so low). IT was more of an allowance. It felt very supportive to me.
    It was just soooo different from what people expect, it caused everyone to listen very very colsely.
    OR both....

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    That is because Carrie has set her own standard for LIVE performance very high. Moreover, we tend to expect Carrie to sing her songs at LEAST as good as her recording (on the album), but we forget, the songs that are on the CD are perhaps "TAKE 10" or "TAKE 12" (she sang it many times before until it's good enough to be put on the CD).
    pklongbeach and Pi314CA like this.

Concert Stars
    I thought Carrie sounded bang on last night!!

•