Like Tree14Likes
  • 6 Post By Ann055
  • 2 Post By kewlie78189
  • 2 Post By huganticcanadiancarriefan
  • 2 Post By LouisaJessie
  • 2 Post By DizzyDollyDee

Thread: Carrie Underwood Reveals Why Good Girl is First Single for Blown Away

Carrie Underwood Reveals Why Good Girl is First Single for Blown Away

Carrie Underwood Reveals Why "Good Girl" Is First Single from "Blown Away" | WWGP 1050 AM Today's Best Country | Sanford, NC

Carrie Underwood‘s fourth album, Blown Away, is now in stores featuring the hit, “Good Girl.” There are a few musical left turns on the album, but Carrie tells ABC News Radio “Good Girl” was the best choice for the single.

“We went with it because we didn’t want to scare anybody,” Carrie admits. “We didn’t want to make people think I was completely just turning this album into some different, crazy direction.”

While “Good Girl” does strike a tone similar to Carrie’s big hits “Before He Cheats” and “Cowboy Casanova,” she pushed the production and her vocals further than she ever has before. When she was writing the song, it was actually in a lower key. She decided to step it up a bit, and Carrie admits, “I almost killed myself doing the demo.”

When it came time to actually record “Good Girl,” Carrie decided to keep it in that higher key. She says with a laugh, “I just won’t do that. It’s probably stupidity, but I’ll call it pride, and I wanna push myself.”

Carrie’s actually looking forward to singing “Good Girl” on the road later this year.

“By the end of the tour though, it’ll make me so much stronger and so much better when I’ve sung that song a million times.”

Carrie continues her media blitz in support of Blown Away Thursday night at 8:00 Eastern with a performance on the show that made her famous — American Idol on Fox.

Concert Stars
    neat info to know...and I agree...GG was a good single to put out to make people realize she is still the same old carrie while in the midst of doing stuff a bit different on the album!

Obsessed Carrie Fan huganticcanadiancarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    excellent approach I think

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think Good Girl was an excellent choice for the first single from Blown Away. It's a fun, rocking song that perfectly fits Carrie, she does the uptempo songs very well. Thank you for posting, Ann055.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    She hasn't made too many mistakes with career decisions - you know everything she has control of has been really thought through - plus has some good advisors.
    Do know from a fans perspective, she was gone long enough where we were all going crazy to have her back on the road again with some new music and I love what she gave us!!! So wonderful to see heer back on the radio, TV and concert dates!!!

Junior Carrie Follower Chasing Dreams's Avatar
    Interesting. Carrie and her team chose a good first single!

•