Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Country Universe Album Review for Blown Away

Concert Stars

Country Universe Album Review for Blown Away

Country Universe – A Country Music Blog » Album Review: Carrie Underwood, Blown Away

3 1/2 stars though he says quite a few nice things about it
    teesharky, Gator and HuiZ like this.

3 1/2 stars out of 5! It's good! yaaaay! Does it count for metacritic?

Edited haha I suck at maths

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Actually not a bad review. He pays tribute to Carrie's vocal ability, and admits this was a step forward! I'll take it.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchs View Post
    3 1/2 stars out of 4! It's 87,5/100 yaaaay! Does it count for metacritic?
    It's 3 1/2/5 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by oldyfan View Post
    It's 3 1/2/5 I think.
    You're right. I can't count anymore LOL

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchs View Post
    3 1/2 stars out of 4! It's 87,5/100 yaaaay! Does it count for metacritic?

Actually, look again cause I think I saw that theirs is a 5 star total. Then I went a step further.....whoever reviewed 2 of ML's albums gave her 4 stars on both albums. So then I was starting to get red in the face so I left their website. They really liked GOOD GIRL in that review of the single.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Actually, look again cause I think I saw that theirs is a 5 star total. Then I went a step further.....whoever reviewed 2 of ML's albums gave her 4 stars on both albums. So then I was starting to get red in the face so I left their website. They really liked GOOD GIRL in that review of the single.
    Yeah, you're right xD

3 1/2 is good. It could have been worse lol

Junior Carrie Follower
    This is the review I was waiting for above all others, as I respect and admire the reviewers on this site. They are country music lovers who aren't shy about saying if something is bad or good, and they don't buy into the hype or certain artists' publicity machines. The last paragraph is a good one ...

Though it’s not quite a wholly consistent project, and it does have its share of weak spots, Blown Away is an album that is brilliant at best, and bland at worst. But what makes Blown Away a fascinating and ultimately satisfying collection is that it displays an artist willing to continually grow and challenge herself by experimenting with different sounds, musical styles, and lyrical themes. In today’s music industry, it’s all too easy for an established superstar to settle for predictable, wheels-spinning material that furthers his or her primary marketing persona without moving forward artistically in any meaningful way. Granted, Underwood’s attempts at branching out still result in occasional missteps, several of which are documented on this album. Still, to see such a demonstration of a “What’s next?” artistic muse, particularly from a woman who can already out-sing most of her peers from the corner of her mouth, is an absolute joy to hear. Here’s hoping her future efforts achieve greater consistency along to go along with her ambition.
    Hil, liz278, teesharky and 1 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars

This is the part I like:

Still, to see such a demonstration of a “What’s next?” artistic muse, particularly from a woman who can already out-sing most of her peers from the corner of her mouth, is an absolute joy to hear.

Gator, Smokyiiis and NEILHUNK like this.

Concert Stars
    It's always irronic when they like the singles better than the album itself.
    that makes no sense at all.
    But I do appreiciate this review. It's not glowing. but once again the writer finds the things that are good about it and takes time to point them out. The voice!
    nccountrygal and Smokyiiis like this.

A good review in my opinion. He did not gush all over the album lol, but gave a rather detailed analysis on the positives and negatives of the songs. I love that he seems to like Thank God for Hometowns, that poor song has been dismissed by some of the other critics lol. I've always enjoyed reading reviews from that writer Ben Foster.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I think he is just another pompous writer in love with his own words. I hate that all the critics believe they have the answer to what represents good music. I am not sure if they have any impact on the industry or not. Maybe they are just hangers on. Either way they bore me with their own self importance.

Country Universe – A Country Music Blog » Album Review: Carrie Underwood, Blown Away

3 1/2 stars though he says quite a few nice things about it

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by oldesalt62 View Post
    I think he is just another pompous writer in love with his own words. I hate that all the critics believe they have the answer to what represents good music. I am not sure if they have any impact on the industry or not. Maybe they are just hangers on. Either way they bore me with their own self importance.
    Ben Foster is TS and Miranda fan. Though there is no comparison here mentioned he's not really a fan of Carrie. But Kevin Coyne is who did the review of GG. He is a Carrie fan. Well it does not matter because fans will buy the album and who decide which album is good. I cant wait to see the comments from the Country Universe bloggers that will follow after this review. So far there were only 2. You can see who is Carrie's fans and not and there are others who are very objective and open minded.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    This review is OK. Interesting read. I'm glad he praised Carrie's voice. They all point that out, I've noticed. No-one can deny Carrie's vocal ability. Thank you for posting, Smokyiiis.

Concert Stars
    I actually really agree with this review...I think without NETY, SYA, and WAY (although I love all three) that album would be perceived better overall.

I think what a lot of reviewers do is dislike a couple songs and then bash the whole album. When in fact, there is 80% more to review

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    Ben Foster is TS and Miranda fan. Though there is no comparison here mentioned he's not really a fan of Carrie. But Kevin Coyne is who did the review of GG. He is a Carrie fan. Well it does not matter because fans will buy the album and who decide which album is good. I cant wait to see the comments from the Country Universe bloggers that will follow after this review. So far there were only 2. You can see who is Carrie's fans and not and there are others who are very objective and open minded.

Actually, I appreciate and am interested in reviews written by the non-fans.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    This same guy gave Lady A a 1 and half star rating on their latest album so I think a 3 and half star is pretty good for Carrie.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Actually, I appreciate and am interested in reviews written by the non-fans.
    I do too but at certain point. He is the same guy who gushed at TS performance of Mean at Grammys. They can be close minded at times. But 31/2 is pretty good.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by nccountrygal View Post
    This same guy gave Lady A a 1 and half star rating on their latest album so I think a 3 and half star is pretty good for Carrie.
    Normally I think I would too, but Miranda's first albums both got 4 1/2 stars and they never even reviewed FOUR THE RECORD so I'm a tad po'd that Carrie got 3 1/2

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Normally I think I would too, but Miranda's first albums both got 4 1/2 stars and they never even reviewed FOUR THE RECORD so I'm a tad po'd that Carrie got 3 1/2
    Actually they gave Miranda a 4 star rating (not 4 1/2) on both Crazy Ex Girlfriend and Revolution.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast