Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Liatush

Thread: Why Carrie Underwood Enjoys Her Dramatic Songs

Why Carrie Underwood Enjoys Her Dramatic Songs

With her new album Blown Away hitting stores today, Carrie Underwood stopped by to chat with Elvis Duran on his radio show. ET caught up with the country-pop star afterward and found out how she relates to the dramatic elements of songs like "Good Girl."

Underwood admitted that her personal life is relatively seamless, but that adding drama to a song spices it up and engages the listener.
    "There are some definite sweeter songs on the album, but I think the ones that are most impactful are the ones that are...the more drama[tic] songs," she said. "It's fun to play a character. It's fun to not be me all the time. I am in a wonderful relationship. I have a great home life...If I had 14 tracks on the album talking about how wonderful my life is...it's boring."

The 29-year-old American Idol winner then discussed how her dramatic lyrics have remained fictitious with a healthy family life. "Neither one of us have a clingy personality," she said of her relationship with her husband, hockey player Mike Fisher. "[We] love each other very much and make the most of all the time that we actually do get to spend together but we're both really independent."

Check out the full interview above for more. Carrie Underwood's fourth studio album, Blown Away, is in stores today.

Video inside
    Why Carrie Underwood Enjoys Her Dramatic Songs | ETonline.com
    Gator likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Cool. I shall watch this video now. I like Carrie's dramatic songs by the way! She does it well. The new album is amazing. Thank you for posting, Liatush.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Another wonderful interview. I am so enjoying this time with Miss CU - it was so quiet for so long and now it seems like the old days and I love it. She may be getting tired of answering all these questions from different people but I'm sure enjoying listening to her!! Thanks for posting!!

Concert Stars
    ^^ so agree...we are back and I am loving it!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Yes, I'm loving all this publicity Carrie is generating at the moment - as long as it's positive publicity! This is a great year for Carrie, she has so much going on in her career. I think we can except big things for her in the next few months, I'm excited and I'm proud of her. It's great she's finally back with new material and Blown Away is providing to be a great success already.

•