Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Boston Herald review

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bearball49 View Post
    It is really in the hands of the fans. Yes, she is not going to be fully accepted as country unless her albums are filled with twang. Then they would complain about it being formulatic red neck, cheating, trailer park material. Frankly, I would never buy a traditional country album. Everyone that I enjoy, either leans towards country rock or pop country. I enjoyed George Strait for a time, but everything he does sounds the same. I hope Carrie sticks to her guns and records what she likes because for myself, I find it refreshingly different and honest. With a voice like hers, she should be allowed to sing what she likes. Whether they like the style or not, most have to admit her voice is the best in the business.
    I agree with you. I would never like a very traditional country album because I will be so bored. I love this album and that's what it counts for me.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    LOL. Sometimes I really wonder if people actually listen to the albums fully. If there's one thing Mark Bright did on this album, it was NOT sticking to the same formula as the previous three records. Even Carrie haters over on Pulse have brought that up. lol

If LLA is the only country song on the record then what are Wine After Whiskey, Cupid, Forever Changed, etc? lol

and i bet the only reason they bring LLA is because the demo was out months before.. lol.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Looks like another "I'll just listen to the clips" review.
    These types of critics are a waste.At least the Slant guy listened to the cd.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    This is a bad review. I hate these reviews to be honest. I feel that they don't understand what Carrie is all about. Oh well! Does this person's opinion really count? Not really!

Concert Stars
    oh my...this is just terrible...did he listen to the album at all? LOL

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This person isn't even trying to be open-minded about things.The description of Thank God For Hometowns is absurd.
    Thanks to this writer for giving me a good laugh this morning .

Obsessed Carrie Fan huganticcanadiancarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    We all need to flood these guys with emails, i did with the newsday dude....

Quote Originally Posted by huganticcanadiancarriefan View Post
    We all need to flood these guys with emails, i did with the newsday dude....
    Why? He's not going to change his review. I don't think we should give the bad reviews too much attention.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Why? He's not going to change his review. I don't think we should give the bad reviews too much attention.
    Exactly. If he didn't even bother to listen to "Blown Away" given he can't even justify his own critique of the album then why would he change it because of the fans? He's just not worth our time.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Is Boston Herald included in the Metacritic score computation?
    NoIt is not included and the herald has hated almost all carries cds so no surprise there.

Boston globe does count on metacritic and they tend to like carrie better then thd nasty Herald.

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12