Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Listsandgrades : Carrie Underwood Blown Away | Album Review

xor

Listsandgrades : Carrie Underwood Blown Away | Album Review

Carrie Underwood Blown Away | Album Review
    Wierd review
    ........Carrie seems a little stuck between two avenues in her career at the moment. Blown Away signifies a woman who has one foot in and one foot out. There’s a reason Carnival Ride is widely considered Carrie’s best effort to date. It was consistent with who she was as an artist at the time. Plus it’s the most overall mature record she’s released.......

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Because singing different types of music means you're performing with one foot in and one foot out *rolls eyes* Some critics will never get her, just like they never got elvis presley
    Becca
    oldyfan and Ann055 like this.

A review with FU can't be taken seriously... c'mon. Is he/she a professional? You gotta be kiding me with this one and the newsday one.

Concert Stars
    I stopped reading after seeing TBC ranked the second worst (well, I skipped to the end anyway). Obviously, the reviewer and I have completely different tastes. x) I appreciate his input on DYTAM, though. I agree with a lot of that.

Concert Stars
    this was already posted yesterday, and it is not an authentic review, just a dumb blog by a hater. it is not a newspaper or legit site.
    Claire2004 and supercarriefan like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by xor View Post
    He was just channeling " ballin the jack".

Obsessed Carrie Fan luxoricious's Avatar
    Do you think about me is not the best song in the album at all. This guy has no idea what he's saying.
    Besides, you can't take seriously someone who says FU in a review.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by luxoricious View Post
    Do you think about me is not the best song in the album at all. This guy has no idea what he's saying.
    Besides, you can't take seriously someone who says FU in a review.
    Yeah he says that, and I COMPLETELY lose respect for him, and the review... I could understand a little hate on PO, to be honest, but not BA. Seriously?

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Maybe it us just me bing obstinate, but revuews mean crap to me. The same applies to music and movies Some of my all time favorite movies were blasted, and the most highly acclaimed were so coring that I could not finish watching them. It is all subjective. You can not possibly be objective about an artist is tge style of music is not your own. For that reason, i could not give an opinion of a rap song or even a hip hop sing. Just do not appeal. Music is all over the place these days. Taylor is the bigget selling country artist. I don't hate her, actually liked a couple of songs, but to me she is way too formulatic. Hers definitely have a sameness. Probably my old age, but hearing about HS and proms and young sounding songs just do not do it for me. She sells and is cute and wholeome, but you coukd not pay me to attend her concert. I am all about the music. Taylor writes super lyrics for the type of songs she is concentrating on. Her problem is a total lack of range that gives every song a similar sound, when you are waiting for her to go up the scale or into a lower register, she does not. Not her fault, she can not. Carrie on the other hand delivers. Her vocals are so astonishing on each song that she sings. She has been accused of autotune because she sounds better live. It is all about musical talent and she is gifted. I don't care what any critic says, this album is country music at its greatest. Remember whenever Garth came out with a new album, he was crucified. He also had some faith based songs. He had issues and colored outside of the lines, and was also too pop. His ballads, like Carrie's were well received. Whenever he tackled a touchy topic, he got heat. He had the best concerts.......sold out everywhere he went and sold over a hundred million albums. I guess what I am trying to say is don't think we have anything to worry about. When I think what has won country album lately, i know in my heart this album is far superior. There will always be those that don't care for it. I could probably write a better sounding review, but that does not mean that I know squat about anything other than what I enjoy personally.Those that want to buy will and a nasty review is not going to change it. A good review is not going to cause a troll to run out and buy it.
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

Concert Stars
    There is already a thread for this blogger. His bs does not deserve two threads.

He is not even a legit critic-- just arandom blogger.
    supercarriefan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    Well you have to consider this person said "Cupid's got a shotgun" is an opener for a Carrie Underwood tour... o_O and he doesn't like the whistling to an island track...and actually said "FU" in the review...Now, I actually can have a foul mouth, but ya know, I have a filter. Doesn't seem very professional for a review IMO.
    It is not a review just a blogger with no credentials whatsoever and not a legit industry site.
    Hil likes this.

Concert Stars
    I didn't mind the "F" bomb much, but it didn't really fit with the "professional" tone of the article. Besides, this is a Carrie Underwood album, not a Slayer album.

Concert Stars
    this review is terrible...

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    As Tee has said twice now, this was already posted, and it is just a random blog. Let's not give this person anymore attention.
    Can mods please merge the threads or something?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I've already read this review. It's not very good.

New Carrie Fan
    What exactly makes someone qualified and have credentials to simply give their opinion? I'm a huge Carrie fan but the way you're all so angry about this review doesn't make any sense. It's one person's opinion. Why is this review terrible? Because you disagree with it? I happen to think it's a great review even though I disagree with many of the rankings. It doesn't need to be a legit industry site. What defines credentials in your opinion? It's someone who has a website, obviously enjoys writing reviews and the entertainment world, thus they are giving their opinion on something. A brain, the internet, and a keyboard is really the only "credentials" anyone needs to give an opinion. And who defines what exactly professional means? So the F word is used. Big deal. I personally don't consider not using the F word any more or less professional. Not an authentic website because it's not a newspaper? Are you kidding me? You're all acting like a bunch of spoiled brats.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieFan1211 View Post
    What exactly makes someone qualified and have credentials to simply give their opinion? I'm a huge Carrie fan but the way you're all so angry about this review doesn't make any sense. It's one person's opinion. Why is this review terrible? Because you disagree with it? I happen to think it's a great review even though I disagree with many of the rankings. It doesn't need to be a legit industry site. What defines credentials in your opinion? It's someone who has a website, obviously enjoys writing reviews and the entertainment world, thus they are giving their opinion on something. A brain, the internet, and a keyboard is really the only "credentials" anyone needs to give an opinion. And who defines what exactly professional means? So the F word is used. Big deal. I personally don't consider not using the F word any more or less professional. Not an authentic website because it's not a newspaper? Are you kidding me? You're all acting like a bunch of spoiled brats.
    If this is the one that says **** you than that right there tells you something.
    Becca

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That is a weird review and it seems that the reviewer doesn't like some on the songs on BA

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieFan1211 View Post
    Did you join this site just to scold some people for their thoughts lol? Everyone here is voicing an opinion, and trust me I have seen far more drama in the past for negative reviews. People are actually trying their best to be positive this era . So, some used this thread to vent a bit...again, I've seen worse.
    It's sad that someone would come here just to call random people spoiled brats.
    BTW, the review is considered less authentic/important because it is a random blog that won't get a lot of attention versus sites like EW, Country Weekly, LA Times , etc that are viewed by millions of people. In general, people care more about what the major sites say compared to blogs. It's great that blogs like this exist to allow people to voice an opinion, but once the opinion is out there on the internet, people will then offer their own opinions about it. That's the risk one takes.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast