• 2 Post By supercarriefan
  • 1 Post By pandy
  • 1 Post By pklongbeach
  • 1 Post By cole
  • 1 Post By thunder92
  • 1 Post By bearball49

Thread: Track-by-Track 'Blown Away' Album Review - Examiner - Grade: A

Track-by-Track 'Blown Away' Album Review - Examiner - Grade: A

The guy on Examiner.com just posted his track-by-track review. It's long, but such a good read

Here's an excerpt:

Track-by-Track Album Review: 'Blown Away' by Carrie Underwood - National Carrie Underwood | Examiner.com

If you thought you knew what a Carrie Underwood album would sound like, you were sorely mistaken. Her brand new album Blown Away -- which hits shelves on May 1 -- sheds skin like a venomous cobra hellbent on slithering across its prey and swallowing it whole. It digs its razor sharp teeth into your eardrums and injects its “poison” straight into your brain. Bizarre metaphor aside, what Underwood demonstrates on her new collection is how crafty, intelligent, and hauntingly poignant she has become as an artist.
    Blown Away was produced by longtime collaborator Mark Bright and is the follow up to 2009’s platinum-selling Play On, 2007’s Carnival Ride, and 2005’s Some Hearts. Currently, Underwood boasts 14 No. 1 singles, countless industry honors, and a lifetime membership to the Grand Ole Opry. Regardless of her crowded trophy room, nothing has kept the “Before He Cheats” chanteuse from pushing herself in her personal life and in her career.

Without a doubt, Blown Away signifies a fresh creative surge for Carrie Underwood and is easily her best and most mature body of work to date. She takes the listener on a radically evocative journey through hilltops, valleys, streams, and oceans of raw human emotion. The Queen of Country might have taken a short respite from the top, but she is poised to return to her elegant throne of chart and award show domination. Whether you prefer the chilling “Blown Away” or the delicious “Two Black Cadillacs” or even the smokin' “Cupid’s Got a Shotgun,” there is something for every music fan to sink their teeth into.
    Overall Grade: A

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    What a great article. Yet another sparkling review! I'm so proud of Carrie, she's created a masterpiece. Blown Away is a work of art. It stands out against her previous albums (which were also amazing in their own right). I think Carrie will enjoy great success with this album. I'm excited for whats to come. Carrie is back and here to stay!

Without a doubt, Blown Away signifies a fresh creative surge for Carrie Underwood and is easily her best and most mature body of work to date.

Yay, acclaim!! Thanks for posting!

Concert Stars
    That guy really loved the album and I'm positive that most or all of the upcoming reviews will be the same. How can they NOT love this album. It's pure perfection.

Well, maybe we'll find a hater or two but when people hear this album, everyone will think, "what in the hell were those haters talking about".

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Great review. Thanks for "finding" that for us, gaycarebear .
    I hope that we get many more stellar reviews in the next few weeks.

Concert Stars
    I'm so glad that GIG got an A plus. That is one of my favorite songs on BA
    pklongbeach likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    I'm so glad that GIG got an A plus. That is one of my favorite songs on BA
    I like GIG a lot to, will be in or right near my Top 5 on the album once I get around to doing a list.

Concert Stars
    Wow, so happy about this.
    I hope Carrie can feel proud of this effort. It really is a darn good album.
    gaycarebear likes this.

I still say Carrie sales will be up there in 400k to500k!! I have never heard such positive feedback on any of her albums like this one.and I know in all her other albums I didn't like some of the songs. but this one I love them all.I guess we will see in 5 days!

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    You guys are fast. Just found it on twitter and it was already gere. I actually agreed with his evaluation wholeheartedly. Was tickled to see both his rating on FC and WAY. I agree that FC may not lend itself well to radio, but it is absolutely flawless. Gosh, I am so excited hearing all of the positive feedback. Time to dust off the thrown for a new queen

Concert Stars
    More to come!!!

Still dancing to BA..Hehe.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    GREAT review, Jason!! Makes me even more proud to be a Carrie fan!!

Carrie Follower
    I think the description on See You Again is off. For me I don't see it as a boy leaving, I think it's more a friend or someone close to you moving or leaving. That might just be because my friend moved across the country, but thats just how I see it.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by 19mlm19 View Post
    I think the description on See You Again is off. For me I don't see it as a boy leaving, I think it's more a friend or someone close to you moving or leaving. That might just be because my friend moved across the country, but thats just how I see it.
    what I love about that song is that there are multiple interpretations

The song was most likely written about someone dying and seeing them again in heaven (it was written for narnia afterall)

but it could also mean losing a lover or even a close friend
    gaycarebear likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I agree that SYA could be interpreted differently. I see it as remembering someone who has passed, looking to see them again in the here-after.JMO
    gaycarebear likes this.

Concert Stars
    great review!!

Quote Originally Posted by 19mlm19 View Post
    Just one guy's interpretation

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    That's a great review - that writer's been impressed with Carrie before, and I admire his style

(One thing though - if "Who Are You" is a Mountainous ballad, I'm Patty Loveless!)

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    If I were writing this review, I would have said multi-platinum selling, rather than platinum selling! After all, all of her albums are MULTI-platinum selling!!! Otherwise great review.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I loved that review! I loved the in depth analysis provided for each of the songs and I love how overwhelmingly positive it is

•