Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By kewlie78189
  • 1 Post By AIgrl06

Thread: Carrie Underwood: "It Would Be Weird" to Have a Baby Now

Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood: "It Would Be Weird" to Have a Baby Now

Having a baby equals a lot of responsibility -- and Carrie Underwood just isn't ready!
    Since the 29-year-old country singer married Nashville Predators hockey player Mike Fisher nearly two years ago, Underwood fans have been on bump watch.

But the American Idol winner tells E! News she and Fisher, 31, aren't ready for a baby yet.
    "We're both so busy and it would be weird to have that much -- you know, there's another person depending on you," she explained.

The couple travels a lot and Underwood already has "babies" to care for -- her dogs, Ace and Penny.
    "I can leave the babies…oh crap…the dogs at the daycare for a couple days if I have to go out of town," she said while laughing at her slip. "So, it's easy."

For now, Underwood and Fisher are enjoying being a family of two. What's her secret to a successful marriage? A little time apart!
    "It's so nice to miss him, and it's so nice to be happy every time I see him," she said. "We really cherish the time we have together."

Read more: Carrie Underwood: "It Would Be Weird" to Have a Baby Now - UsMagazine.com
    Ace, Ann055 and Burst like this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by kewlie78189 View Post
    Having a baby equals a lot of responsibility -- and Carrie Underwood just isn't ready!
    Since the 29-year-old country singer married Nashville Predators hockey player Mike Fisher nearly two years ago, Underwood fans have been on bump watch.

But the American Idol winner tells E! News she and Fisher, 31, aren't ready for a baby yet.
    "We're both so busy and it would be weird to have that much -- you know, there's another person depending on you," she explained.

The couple travels a lot and Underwood already has "babies" to care for -- her dogs, Ace and Penny.
    "I can leave the babies…oh crap…the dogs at the daycare for a couple days if I have to go out of town," she said while laughing at her slip. "So, it's easy."
    It's kind of speculation on my part but I think she's starting to sound like they'll wait until Mike's done playing hockey before they start a family. I admire the fact that they take the responsibility seriously and don't want to leave their kids for a nanny to raise. One or both of them will need to cut back on their travel schedule to make it work. Professional athletes can't really cut back; he'll more than likely have to be either in or out but he's realistically probably only got a few good playing years left (professional sports is a young man's game.)

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie's sensible. She and Mike will have children when they feel ready and I'm sure they will be great parents. They're good people. I wish them all the best for the future.

Concert Stars
    She's got a good head on her shoulders. If only more people would think like that.

I sound old...
    liz278 likes this.

Well I think Carrie's fans knows better then to watch for the bump, she has said time and time again she isn't ready. as far as I am concerned it's the tabloids watching for the bump. silly people.

•