Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Country Universe: 2012 ACM Awards Staff Picks & Predictions

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    So Taylor for Entertainer even though shr is pop and Miranda for Female vocalist :

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Agree... but remove the "someone like" phrase
    Sam: Miranda will continue to own this category until someone like Carrie Underwood steps up with a new album.

GO REMIND ME!!! the ones who voted Remind Me perfectly make sense!

Tara: As middle-of-the-road as it is, something in the melody of “Remind Me” intrigues me. And I have a random feeling the voters will use this category to reward their dethroned male and female vocalists of the year.

Dan: It’ll be interesting to see if “Remind Me” can unseat “Don’t You Wanna St– oh, who am I kidding. Nothing is interesting anymore.

Kevin: I like my Vocal Events to be full-out Vocal Events, so I’m going for Paisley/Underwood over Chesney with backing vocals from Potter. The latter pair made the better record, though.

Ben: I’m with Tara and Kevin. “You and Tequila” is the best record overall, but that has more to do with Berg and Carter’s songwriting than with Potter’s contributions. “Remind Me” is the one that feels like an actual event.

As for Sam's comment... the term should be BELTING rather than SCREAMING
    Sam: Aldean & Clarkson outscreamed Paisley & Underwood, so they lay claim to the trophy. Chesney and Potter, what were you two thinking by just going out there and singing? Next time, I want to hear some wailing and primal screams, because that’s what makes for a successful duet these days.

Really hope Remind Me wins...
    To be honest, it should be RM vs. YaT...
    I'm not sure why DYWS even became big... that JMO

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Well I pretty much agree with their picks. I would still like to see Jason or Brad win EOTY. Also, no offense to Lady A but I would also like to see someone else win group. I don't know why the ZBB has not won this award at least once. I wouldn't even mind if TBP won this year.

Huge Carrie Follower huggablebri's Avatar
    Yah I know we have tons of TayTay bashers here, but to be honest she deserves EOTY. I don't know of anyone in the music biz that sold out more shows in a short amount of time as Taylor. Most places she played she did 2 shows and they all sold out in minutes.
    Now for my huge pet peeve. They have got to get rid of this " Duo" award. Most award shows I notice have the " Duo or Group" as one category, and that is how it should be. Whats the difference between Lady A and Sugarland? One extra member? Lame. Sugarland is a group. Now I feel better.

Concert Stars
    I am shocked at how much love TS is getting!! WOW, I am so confused how they are praising mediocrity.

I also like Miranda Lambert, but I dont think she is nearly as good as all the Awards she seems to be winning.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    SWSRN is pop. She shouldn't get any awards from country music.

I dont know when are we all gonna get over this Taylor Swift is pop and not country and just get on with our lives?lol
    I have heard just as many people say the same thing about Carrie not being country. My local radio station has a facebook page and reading all the comments about "Good Girl".
    Yes they loved it, but alot of people also said it is not a country song..

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by huggablebri View Post
    I also like Miranda Lambert, but I dont think she is nearly as good as all the Awards she seems to be winning.
    correction: awards that are just being handed to her because carrie doesn't have an album out. In reality, TS should win the FVOTY. her sales are way above Miranda's. and it's not like Miranda's some insane vocalist so she should trump taylor. clearly if vocalist was all that mattered, carrie would win every time so im not sure i get the argument for TS not winning haha
    Becca

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by huggablebri View Post
    I dont know when are we all gonna get over this Taylor Swift is pop and not country and just get on with our lives?lol
    I have heard just as many people say the same thing about Carrie not being country. My local radio station has a facebook page and reading all the comments about "Good Girl".
    Yes they loved it, but alot of people also said it is not a country song..
    "Good Girl" might, indeed, not sound really country, but Carrie's heart is in country music! Only haters will disagree. As for Taylor, I can't say the same.

Now, Carrie will have a better chance at winning FVOTY in 2013. && I would rather see Miranda win over Taylor.

"Remind Me", in my opinion, is a better song than "Don't You Wanna Stay" in every way. And just like Tara said, "I have a random feeling the voters will use this category to reward their dethroned male and female vocalists of the year".

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    correction: awards that are just being handed to her because carrie doesn't have an album out. In reality, TS should win the FVOTY. her sales are way above Miranda's. and it's not like Miranda's some insane vocalist so she should trump taylor. clearly if vocalist was all that mattered, carrie would win every time so im not sure i get the argument for TS not winning haha
    Becca
    Ditto. I have mixed feelings about Miranda winning because she hasn't done nearly as much as Taylor to garner the win but at the same time, I can't stand Taylor winning any award by this point. heh

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    Ditto. I have mixed feelings about Miranda winning because she hasn't done nearly as much as Taylor to garner the win but at the same time, I can't stand Taylor winning any award by this point. heh
    The girl had one big song and she's about to win 3X in a row? talk about cheapening the award. I'm sorry, they hesitate giving carrie 4 because they don't quite want her at Reba and Martinas level yet. Well, Miranda doesnt deserve to be on Carrie's level either.
    Becca

i honestly don't care who wins at this point....we all know carrie isn't going to win anything and that taylor win most likely win yet another huge award she doesn't deserve, why get so worked up over the inevitable? just enjoy the show for the performance of GG and the funny banter of reba and blake.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww at all the comments for Taylor
    Country universe becomes trashier and trashier every year

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    The girl had one big song and she's about to win 3X in a row? talk about cheapening the award. I'm sorry, they hesitate giving carrie 4 because they don't quite want her at Reba and Martinas level yet. Well, Miranda doesnt deserve to be on Carrie's level either.
    Becca
    I agree.

And if according to this people Miranda having material from the Pistol Annies should be taken in consideration, then Carrie's Remind Me with Brad, It Had To Be you with Tony, Is it still over with Randy, Crossroad with Steven, etc should help her too. She wasnt off the radar and she probably had more impact than even Miranda with an album and singles.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I would still prefer Miranda over Taylor more not only because she is a better vocalist (not better than Carrie) but because she is more country even though she uses outside influences. And she did do a lot this year. She might not have sold as much but she put out two really solid albums one of the certified Gold. I don't know I just feel Miranda quality stuff the Taylor and for the trumps quantity. Hopefully Carrie will be able to take back the vocal throne next year.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_vzla View Post
    I agree.

And if according to this people Miranda having material from the Pistol Annies should be taken in consideration, then Carrie's Remind Me with Brad, It Had To Be you with Tony, Is it still over with Randy, Crossroad with Steven, etc should help her too. She wasnt off the radar and she probably had more impact than even Miranda with an album and singles.
    This I do agree with though.

Concert Stars
    I'd pick Taylor over Miranda. x)

Concert Stars
    When someone says:
    Miranda will continue to own this category until someone like Carrie Underwood steps up with a new album.

That means:
    We have to live with what we have until the good stuff comes along.

It isn't favorable in any means if you ask me!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast