Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Carrie Fan

Carrie Underwood finds "real things" to sing about

Carrie Underwood finds "real things" to sing about

(Reuters) - Carrie Underwood says she's glad she took some time off from country music following her marriage to hockey star Mike Fisher in 2010.

After storming the country music scene since her 2005 "American Idol" win, her almost two-year break from recording and touring helped her find "real things to sing about", and write what she calls her fun, rocking new single "Good Girl."

"I feel like so many people get stuck. They write, they get songs together, they make an album, they go on tour. Then they do it all over again. I just wanted to change things up. I can't have stuff to write about if I don't have a life," Underwood told Reuters.

link to rest of article: Carrie Underwood finds real things to sing about | Reuters

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    More evidence that this era is unfolding the way it is because that is what Carrie wants, be it when the album is released, when she starts touring, etc. The label and her management certainly play their part and have influence. But Carrie is clearly in the driver's seat. So carefully consider this before you comment that doing this or that would be better for Carrie's career, sales, popularity or whatever because the way things are being done is likely to be that way because Carrie wants it that way.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    More evidence that this era is unfolding the way it is because that is what Carrie wants, be it when the album is released, when she starts touring, etc. The label and her management certainly play their part and have influence. But Carrie is clearly in the driver's seat. So carefully consider this before you comment that doing this or that would be better for Carrie's career, sales, popularity or whatever because the way things are being done is likely to be that way because Carrie wants it that way.
    Sadly, some people would rather have carrie be number one than have carrie be happy doing what she loves. those people forget that the less burned out carrie is, the more inspiration she will have, the more rest her voice will get, and the longer she will probably be around.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    she makes a really good point!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I never understood why anyone would think that Carrie doesn't have total control of what she does.

Concert Stars
    "I'm excited to be singing ‘Good Girl,'" she said, adding with a conspiratorial smile, "We're planning some really fun tricks for the performance."

This is too much for me to handle. I CAN'T WAIT for Sunday!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post
    "I'm excited to be singing ‘Good Girl,'" she said, adding with a conspiratorial smile, "We're planning some really fun tricks for the performance."

Agree!! A couple of fans mentioned the possibility of a hologram. I wonder if that is one of the "tricks"? I'm sure whatever they chose, the performance will be AMAZING!!

Concert Stars
    Carrie could not have made a better point -- she actually has a life to attend to!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars

I know! I can't wait to see the performance! By the way my radio station mentioned her performance and are now playing GG!

Concert Stars
    I agree that Carrie is doing what she wants when she wants and we as fans need to respect her and know that she wants a life with Mike. She knows what she wants and is mature enough to realize that in the long run people aren't going to remember her for her singing (although that will be said) they will remember her for her love for God, Mike, what she contributed to society and her singing (in order). She has said if it all ended tomorrow she would be happy because she got to do what she wanted to do.
    I understand that we miss her on the radio and seeing her in concert, but we also have to respect her for her choices.

Concert Stars

I CAN'T WAIT for Sunday either! I only watch these things if Carrie is going to be performing, and to see what she is wearing! So I am so excited to see her on Sunday!

Concert Stars
    i wonder if she will be wearing a cute pink outfit (innocent girl) and then when it hits the peak of the song- her outfit will unfold into the black (bad girl) outfit. that would be awesome.

Obsessed Carrie Fan boilermaker's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Well said. As fans we can say that she should do this or that but we don't have to actually live her life. Being a superstar isn't as great as people think it is. There is a reason why so many end up substance abusers, have mental breakdowns, and/or their personal lives be in shambles. They live in that celebrity bubble and their world and everyone around them is about their career. Being rich, famous and successful doesn't mean you are happy. Carrie has her priorities straight.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Great post, Cary!

I also love the comment Carrie made about the album being like a puzzle with all its different pieces fitting together.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I would imagine that the May release date, if it goes on as more the norm than not of her future albums, probably fits her promo and tour dates w/ Mike's schedule better as well.

Concert Stars
    Carrie writes songs from her life experiences..... While some have life experiences to write songs.....
    Carrie is a very smart girl that has always been in control of her career IMHO....

Concert Stars

I wonder if there will be anyone to join her onstage? They could pop up as good girls that she sings to. Ha ha

Or maybe it is a prop for her to change clothes into the good girl?

Concert Stars
    The only problem with carries new philosophy is that the other country singers are not taking breaks ever yet they still manage to have kids families and pump out albums/tours every year. So unfortunately I guess they are really good at multi tasking...or they all write on the road.

I totally get where she is coming from though. She wanted a chance to live a little so she would grow as a person with new experiences. That definitely benefits her writing and maturity as an artist too.

It is just such a cut throat business that most would kill or die to be in her shoes...or to be able to take a year off. Lol. But when you are as big a star as Carrie is I guess you got it like that. Lol.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    As the saying goes. The faster you live, the faster you die

Concert Stars
    True.... but they also say, "carpe diem!! Seize the day!" Lol

But seriously I do respect carries independent spirit. She is like the worlds first reluctant celebrity. Lol

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast