Carrie Underwood Good Girl Video - The Music Mix - EW.com

Watch Carrie Underwood's new 'Good Girl' video! | The Music Mix | EW.com

Country superstar (and owner of perhaps the best legs in music) Carrie Underwood has just released a music video for new single “Good Girl,” the lead track off her fourth album, Blown Away, which is set to hit stores on May 1.

The video doesn’t feature a storyline — it’s really just a collection of Underwood in various fashions strutting her stuff and flaunting her stunning looks. At times, Underwood channels her inner good girl: we see bespectacled hipster Carrie, fringey-sweet Carrie, and sunlit floral Carrie, but during the rest of the video, she reveals an edgier side that matches the grit of the song: we get funeral glam Carrie, shimmery 80s Carrie, and hot pants authoritarian Carrie. Occasionally, her two sides even sing/debate at each other, suggesting that the titular “good girl” getting warned about a lying, no-good man might just be Underwood herself.

All the while, we get cool, arty little glimpses of flowers and high heels. What does it all mean? Heck, I’m not sure — and the only shoes I really care about are my Asics cross trainers — but I still had a good time watching it all! Check out the rocking clip below:

Concert Stars
    Nice@! Pretty good review overall.

Carrie Guru
    Thank you for this . I love, love this video ! Carrie is so beautiful and sexy !

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    While the review was not negative, i was a little dsappointed that the reviewer did not get the dual image part. If she wore the same two outfits the whole way through, the video would not have worked as well. The difference outfits and personalities were supposed to show her conflicts (I thought so anyway) besides that, a girl can not have too many shoes and guys surely will enjoy the eye candy that Carrie clearly is. It is only meant to showcase ger song, it does not have to be a narrative to make it work. A ballad like JAD or TH, yes, it was necessary, but not on this one. The mirror told the whole story.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I love the 'owner of the best legs in music' comment.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Not a bad review, just a bad 'reviewer'. The mind of this reviewer is limited, he only sees what's on the surface either hasn't taken the time to look at the significance of the details in the film or simply doesn't comprehend the meaning, either way it reveals the immature cognition of the reviewer. Maybe someone will point it out to him/her. Or he/she couldn't care less about the significance of the film and prefered to be entertained by all the pretty pictures.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    That is likely to be a theme in reviews of the video. Most will not get the symbolizism in the video. All they will see is a Carrie fashion show. You would think that they would see the Good Girl Carrie (Carrie in white) and Bad Girl Carrie (Carrie in black), especially with the scenes with the mirror. But they may be confused by the 3 other Carrie's shown which I see as Blown Away Carrie (Carrie at the end with off white dress with black highlights and red cape), Play On Carrie (floral dress) and rocker chick Carrie (blue/silver metaliic dress and big hair).
    Last edited by cary78663; 03-13-2012 at 07:11 AM.

Concert Stars
    good review overall..thanks for posting!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Yet another great article. Thank you for posting. I love all the publicity for Good Girl. I hope everyone enjoyed the video.

The video doesn’t feature a storyline — it’s really just a collection of Underwood in various fashions strutting her stuff and flaunting her stunning looks.
    - I completely agree that quote. The music doesn't have a concept, it's just Carrie looking stunning. It's fun and sassy. It compliments the song well. I love it. Awesome video. I'm happy that Carrie is back with new music. We've missed her.

•