Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Carrie Underwood, 'Blown Away': Cover & Title Revealed - The Boot

Carrie Underwood, 'Blown Away': Cover & Title Revealed - The Boot

She's blown us away with her powerful pipes and undeniable beauty (inside and out) for years, so it's quite fitting Carrie Underwood's fourth studio album be titled 'Blown Away.' The Grammy winner revealed the title and cover art (above) for the project today (March 5). With wispy, wind-blown hair, dramatic eyes, a flowing gray dress and her gorgeous gams on display, Carrie seems to be standing in a field that is about to be drenched in a storm. The album cover's eerie vibe is no doubt reflective of some of its songs' themes.

"I have always been a fan of songs that have attitude, but the ones I'm talking about have a darker storyline," the country superstar hinted to Entertainment Weekly earlier this year. "It seemed to be what the album wanted, so I decided to roll with it."

It's not known yet whether 'Blown Away' is also the name of a track on the album or was a title concocted just for the project as a whole. One song we do know will be on the album is 'Good Girl,' its first single. The sassy, uptempo number made its debut at No. 1 on on Billboard's Digital Country Songs chart last week.

"It's fun!" Carrie says of her first new single in more than a year, which she co-wrote with Chris DeStefano and Ashley Gorley. "It's upbeat, you stomp your feet and you can dance to it. It's got this really rockin' verse, and this really rockin' country chorus."

(Listen for 'Good Girl' on AOL's New Country First radio station.)

'Blown Away' hits stores May 1.

Carrie Guru
    Thank you for this.

Concert Stars
    Thanks, Ann. Nice article!

Concert Stars
    Thanks Ann.

Concert Stars
    Thanks Ann, the flowing dress and the flowered atmosphere is in contrast to the strength that Carrie shows here!!

Concert Stars
    wonderful article...do we know who the dress is by yet?

Concert Stars
    Great article. Carrie is back. She's looking better than ever. She seems really confident about the material. I believe in her. I look forward to hearing the album and seeing what direction Carrie has taken with Blown Away. I think it could be her best album yet. The album art is very different to that of her previous work. It's edgy and bold. Carrie's looking amazing! I love the dress.

•