Concert Stars

CMT: Carrie Underwood Joins Twitter

Nice Article on CMT about Carrie Joining twitter. Please help thumb it up as the haters are out in full force. lol

CMT : News : OFFSTAGE: Carrie Underwood Joins Twitter

OFFSTAGE: Carrie Underwood Joins Twitter
    February 27, 2012; Written by Alison Bonaguro
    Carrie Underwood

(CMT Offstage keeps a 24/7 watch on everything that's happening with country music artists behind the scenes and out of the spotlight.)

Everything changed on Friday (Feb. 24). That is the day Carrie Underwood finally gave in to Twitter. With just one simple tweet that day, "Hello Twitter world," she gave her fans and friends what they have been not-so-patiently waiting for: Another way to hear from her.

She has said in the past that she wasn't all that fond of the social networking site, that if felt too much like stalking. But something -- maybe pressure from fans and/or other artists -- made her change her mind. And after that one tweet last week, Underwood instantly picked up 78,000 (and counting) followers.

I don't picture her to be the kind of tweeter that Blake Shelton is, sharing anything and everything that pops into her head. But it is going to be nice to have her here. So far she only has six tweets. Like, "Excited to have another way to connect with my fans from my team and me ... can't wait to hear from you!" And "Have you heard Carrie's new song, "Good Girl," yet? Check it out here." (You know those tweets that refer to Underwood in the third person are obviously not coming directly from her, so she likely has a Twitter team.) She even took time to say hi to Ryan Seacrest when he welcomed her to the site, saying, "Hey Ryan, it's been too long! Thanks for the welcome!"

Any guesses on how quickly she'll get to a million followers?

Concert Stars
    will go do a thumbs up..so glad she got it!

The fact that Carrie joining twitter made the news on yahoo! And CMT means that she really has star power!

Owning it LIKE A BOSS!

I don't I even know one celebrity having this publicity when he/she joins twitter... Just Carrie! xD lol this is awesome

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    It was a great move for Carrie to delay twitter, it's really worked well & I'll give it just a few months to hit 1 million!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    It is great to make a headline just by joining twitter. Way to go Carrie to create more buzz. This era is exciting.

It is so fun now that Carrie is on twitter!!! And Windmills Music suggested to Carrie's team that they put Team CU on a tweet if it was them and they took his suggestion...love that!! Was so cute last night when she tweeted that #12 was hot!!

Concert Stars
    She is starting to send more personal messages too so that is amazing.

Plus she posted on the fanclub last night about David Cook.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    She is starting to send more personal messages too so that is amazing.

Plus she posted on the fanclub last night about David Cook.
    her response to Lauren proves to me that shes gonna be a great mom. She sounded exactly like my mom when she texts me. My mom always says sweet girl or pretty girl and stuff like that.
    Becca

•