Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar

Carrie getting French coverage

I don't think this has been posted before - it's a French article on the new release, which shows off the new art work well.

(Although it contains some focus on the American Idol back story, which may be what many readers are likely to recognize her for, it does also put the song into context of her other work.)

Carrie Underwood dévoile "Good Girl"

Note: this article does include a link to YouTube. However, I think posting it is probably justified in this case, as it's more difficult for foreign readers to get access to the song. If the mods disagree, please delete the post.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    wow a lot of comments, even tho i have no idea what they are saying haha
    Becca

Concert Stars
    Anyone here that can translate the comments...

That's awesome! Thanks for posting! I see a lot of tweets in other languages, however I'm not sure what they are. Some have stories. Should we start posting them and have someone translate them a bit? I'm just really happy to see that there is coverage from other countries...that's awesome!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Roughly - someone says her voice reminds her of C. Aguilera;
    Reminds someone of Cowboy Casanova, but she loves both; she's magnificent, what a voice; though wanted an album more like Some Hearts, likes more ballads
    Someone has 3 albums of hers, and she's truly "extra"
    Much of the rest seems to be a discussion on whether the albums are released in France - they seem to be saying, imports only

Concert Stars
    Woohooo! I can read this! The comments are great!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post
    Woohooo! I can read this! The comments are great!
    Translate it for us liveasong and thank you.

Concert Stars
    wow amazing coverage!

Carrie Guru
    Using Google Translate this is what the article says:

Two and a half years after the release of her third album "Play On," Carrie Underwood is set to unveil her new album. First stage of the promotion, the launch of the first single, "Good Girl", a title that mixes pop, rock and country and highlights the powerful voice of the winner of "American Idol" in 2005.

Simon Cowell was not deceived. In 2005, while sitting at the table of the jurors of the fourth season of "American Idol", the British producer predicted that Carrie Underwood would become the biggest star ever output TV hook-American. And he was right. Seven years later, the country singer has perhaps not the international careers of Kelly Clarkson, winner of the very first issue in 2002, but the United States, she is the queen of album sales.

The release of her fourth album is an event, since it would drive up the meter faster, which appears at present 12.5 million albums sold in the U.S., and 14 million worldwide. The singer announced today the launch of the first single, a pop song, rock and country called "Good Girl" and we expect it to shake the American charts.

The program, nothing really revolutionary - but country music rarely ventures outside the box. In "Good Girl", she co-wrote with Chris DeStefano and Ashley Gorley, who had already composed "Do not Forget to Remember Me" and "All-American Girl" Carrie tackles a theme that it knows well: men who are worthless and break the hearts of girls! A situation that does not necessarily have known but it has already exploited in several singles, the hit "Before He Cheats" at the recent "Cowboy Casanova", first single from her third album "Play On".

Online Tonight, the title is already in the top 20 best selling singles on iTunes and expect it to grow, country radio has never shunned the title of a young woman. As for the album, for now still untitled, is expected on May 1.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wow, that's amazing!! Thanks for posting.

A voice like Carrie's should be appreciated by all languages....

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Wow, that's amazing!! Thanks for posting.

A voice like Carrie's should be appreciated by all languages....
    I agree. Well said. I'm glad Carrie is generating attention from other countries. Hopefully that's a sign that Good Girl will crossover. It would be nice to see Carrie promote her new music outside of the US.

Thank you for posting (and translating.)

•