Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good Girl Review - Roughstock

Just retweeted that to my followers... amazing.

Awesome:
    Without a shadow of a doubt this is the best uptempo vocal that Carrie Underwood has given country radio, including “Last Name” and “Before He Cheats.” This song, while thematically similar to “Undo It,” also rivals “Before He Cheats” as the best-written tempo song of Carrie’s career.
    ^^Glowing review for Carrie as a vocalist and as a songwriter.

Concert Stars
    Thanks Ann, love reading all the reviews of Good Girl.

Concert Stars
    Wow, so love how so far Carrie is getting glowing reviews on GG. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and see those few horrible ones start pouring in like usual but so glad I have not seen any yet.
    Last edited by pkc4rls; 02-25-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Concert Stars
    So carrie goes even less country than before and is getting critical acclaim? lmao

LOVE the reviews though....they are right on the money

Carrie Guru
    All of this adds up to a song that is destined to scream to the top of the country charts and most likely it’ll find a home on the AC and Top 40 stations too (without remixing as the song’s country elements like steel guitar and fiddle are buried deep in the mix).
    This is the genius of this song -- Carrie does not have to sacrifice her principle about Remixing !!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Great review. I'm so happy for Carrie and for us. A statement from the review "Tammy Wynette, Carrie Underwood is not.", and to that I say thank you. Although Tammy Wynette is great, I love Carrie's music so much more.
    Thanks for posting.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I'm just so stoked about all these critics loving GG.

It could quite possibly turn into her best single to date. I know we have a long way to go to even begin to rival BHC, but it's off to a great, great start. They are advertising GG everywhere!! If you go, for example, on fanfiction.net, there is a banner of GG!!

Concert Stars
    This is an incredible review!

"... there’s also no denying the fantastic vocal delivery Underwood provides on “Good Girl.” Without a shadow of a doubt this is the best uptempo vocal that Carrie Underwood has given country radio, including “Last Name” and “Before He Cheats.” This song, while thematically similar to “Undo It,” also rivals “Before He Cheats” as the best-written tempo song of Carrie’s career."

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Like I saod in another thread, this song makes her sound like the pro she is and makes her other hits pale in comparison, as much as I did and still do love them!! WOW! She is just awesome and others are finally admitting it!!

Concert Stars
    so amazing..keep em coming!

Have any of Carrie's singles (other than BHC maybe) received such amazing critical acclaim? I'm loving this!

Concert Stars
    I love the very first sentence: "There's no denying it."... and continues with absolutes 'no denying', 'without a shadow of a doubt', 'the best-written'...

Carrie took a chance AND left nothing to chance with this song, imo. The song is in-your-face, and with her vocals, it's as if Carrie is saying this is who I am, what I can do and I am here to STAY!

Junior Carrie Follower
    For Carrie's first live performance of this song she totally owned it! Sounded amazing! Listen to the crowds reaction when she gets to my favorite part of the song where she really goes after it (2:45)
    Good Girl - YouTube

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    This is the genius of this song -- Carrie does not have to sacrifice her principle about Remixing !!
    That's what I love about it. It's so boldy NOT geared to country radio as such. To a certain extent it's risky but Carrie's staying true to her belief that good music is good music.

Quote Originally Posted by jaylee50 View Post
    Great review. I'm so happy for Carrie and for us. A statement from the review "Tammy Wynette, Carrie Underwood is not.", and to that I say thank you. Although Tammy Wynette is great, I love Carrie's music so much more.
    Thanks for posting.
    Was he referring more to Carrie singing about leaving the guy and Tammy was singing about stand by your man?

Concert Stars
    ^^ Or, was his comment more directed that it is not "traditional country" like Tammy Wynette?

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee50 View Post
    Thanks for posting.
    he meant bc Carrie doesnt stand by her man haha
    Becca

Quote Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
    So carrie goes even less country than before and is getting critical acclaim? lmao
    I know right? I'm amused about it lol.
    No wonder they always award Taylor

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    Like I saod in another thread, this song makes her sound like the pro she is and makes her other hits pale in comparison, as much as I did and still do love them!! WOW! She is just awesome and others are finally admitting it!!
    I think that is because this is where Carrie wanted to be all along - straddling the line between country and rock. I think she may have been testing the waters with this a little in PO, but I think that the looming album release deadline to get the album out by Christmas 2009 didn't allow her the time to take it to where it needed to be. With the new album, she decided to let the music define when the album is ready instead of letting an arbitrary deadline define the music. And this is the result.
    Last edited by cary78663; 02-26-2012 at 06:45 AM.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast