Concert Stars

Music Row: Steven Tyler, Carrie Underwood Team For Top Rated CMt Crossroads

Nice picture at the link of Carrie with execs at the event.

Tyler, Underwood Team For Top Rated Episode of “CMT Crossroads” : MusicRow – Nashville's Music Industry Publication – News, Songs From Music City

The pairing of Steven Tyler and Carrie Underwood for hit show CMT Crossroads resulted in the series’ highest-rated episode in seven years. More than 3.1 million total viewers tuned in to CMT for weekend airings of CMT Crossroads: Steven Tyler & Carrie Underwood From The Pepsi Super Bowl Fan Jam, which premiered Sat., Feb. 4 from Super Bowl XLVI in Indianapolis. The premiere garnered 1.9 million total viewers, marking the highest-rated episode since the 2005 pairing of Lionel Richie and Kenny Rogers, according to Nielsen Media Research.
    Tyler and Underwood took the stage for a rocking hour of hits, including “Sweet Emotion,” “Love in an Elevator,” “Before He Cheats,” “Cryin’,” a spectacular mash-up of Underwood’s “Just A Dream” and Aerosmith’s “Dream On,” a special performance of Aerosmith’s “Walk This Way” and Underwood’s smash “Undo It,” and the Steppenwolf classic “Born To Be Wild.”
    The show will be retelecast on CMT Sat., Feb. 11 at 10:00 a.m. and Sun., Feb. 12 at 10:00 a.m, ET/PT.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Yes, more publicity. Amazing Carrie and Steven.

Concert Stars
    Wonderful!! We hoped it would happen, and it did!!

Concert Stars
    Carrie kind of POPS out at you!

Concert Stars
    amazing!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I hope both Carrie and Steven know how well their event went over. I remember Carrie specifically said in her blog how CMT wanted to get ratings! And I dare say that having the highest rated crossroads in 7 years is mega successful.

Concert Stars
    You can bet that SWIFTY's on the phone right now looking for someone she can partner with to beat these ratings......I think her only chance is if ELVIS decides to make another comeback... LOL

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by 12russ79 View Post
    You can bet that SWIFTY's on the phone right now looking for someone she can partner with to beat these ratings......I think her only chance is if ELVIS decides to make another comeback... LOL
    Yep I bet she isn't happy but I can hear her excuse -- she wasn't as popular back when she did her crossroads so if she did it now, she'd surely be the highest rated!!!! Only thing wrong with that logic, if Carrie would have done it earlier, I'm kinda leaning toward the notion that Carrie would have had even HIGHER ratings. Capitalizing on her Idol audience.

Is it wrong of me to still secretly hope that Carrie could/would do a Crossroads with Adele???? At the very least, I'd love for them to perform one or two songs together. I hate to jinx this secret wish of mine but I'm kinda thinking that if Adele does do a Crossroads, it could be with Lady A. Rats I don't want that to happen!!!!

•