Ultimate Carrie Fan

21 Celebs: My First Fave Record Was...

Carrie Underwood
    Bush, Razorblade Suitcase (1996)

''Of course, country music was always around, but when I was in seventh grade, this older boy that I liked listened to alternative music, so I found it on the radio and I liked it. That started a whole new phase for me I became a huge Offspring fan; they were, like, my all-time favorite band.... And I loved blink-182!''

Justin Bieber | 21 Celebs: My First Fave Record Was... | Photo 1 of 21 | EW.com

Concert Stars
    What a rocker.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    Carrie doesn't seem like the type to be a rocker, but we know different, haha.

who would've thought that Carrie has a rock soul inside of her

lol, I love that she loves alternative rock I wonder if she loves grunge too!

Concert Stars
    that was an interesting find!

Gosh! Carrie's such a secret music bad-a**! haha

Thanks for posting!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Ah - there's hope yet! (I wonder if she ever liked the old boys who like the kind of Country Music I like, LOL)

Concert Stars
    Ah!!! Awesome! Thanks for posting

Concert Stars
    I personally love that she is so unpredictable in the type of music she likes...it's really neat!

Concert Stars
    It is great that she has the many influences that she does to pull from.
    I think it really helps to make the "rocker chick" aspect to her personality come across as natural as opposed to fake stage nonscence.
    Also these are melody driven bands that have singers that actually sing melodies on pitch.
    So of course someone with Carries natural ear is going to gravitate toward a more melody driven style of music.
    So I think it is fair to say that she "can" sing anything.
    Though we have never heard her sing Classical. But that is a horse of a very different color.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Country singers do occasionally also sing in a Classical mode. Rhiannon Giddens, of the Carolina Chocolate Drops also sings opera arias. Tift Merritt has appeared with the North Carolina Symphony Orchestra. I guess you could call this "semi-Classical" - it's Stephen Foster's C19 song "Hard Times Come Again No More"
    I have no doubt Carrie could shine at something like this:

Concert Stars
    Thank you for that. Personally, I find that the guitar playing in the beginning is distracting and takes away from the vocals. It is very apparent (to me) once she sets the guitar down and just sings. I know many wish Carrie would play instruments more. I am not of that mindset per se; however I woundn't have a problem with playing a guitar on a couple of up-tempo songs.

Carrie can definitely sing sing almost anything. I think The Sound of Music was a great showcase for Carrie's purest vocals on a classic song. I would love to hear her on a pure classical song, as well.

Concert Stars
    Hard Times...... is beautiful.
    Traditional American Folk music. Very appropriate for a country singer.folk singer. And yes, Carrie would do this beautifully.
    But by Classical, I mean the actual repertoire of the great composers.
    But what happens with Classical repertoire is that "technique" becomes so completely partnered with the melody and the intention of the composer that those listening either accept it as "authentic" or they don't.
    Streisand did a semi'classical album but it did not make many waves as it was simply not true enough to the classical technique of singing to be acceptable to most classical musicians. Beautiful yes, but acceptable no.
    One of those tunes that has transended the expectations of most classical musicians and nas been accepted into popular music would be Schuberts Ave Maria. And I would wish that Carrie might tackle something like that on her full christmas album to give us a taste of what her voice might sound like singing classical.
    Charlotte Church/Gosh Grobin are contemporary voices that are built for Classical singing. And you can hear that it is difficult for them to transition into a more pop sound. Especially Charlotte.
    I think if Carrie wished to try her had at classical what we would end up with is something similar to Streisand or Ronstadt. A great attempt (and a nice sounding effort) but not actually achieving it.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    That was interesting. I can't believe that Carrie likes rock music! Ha-ha! She's so versatile. I love her. ♥

Thank you for posting.

•