Thumbs down Not great news... this article says Carrie NOT debuting new single

Junior Carrie Follower
    I wonder if anyone knows what the final set list would be yet. I bet Carrie and Steve don't even know yet. I would imagine that rehearsals should be happening soon then we will know for sure because I'm sure someone will tweet. I just hope I get to her Carrie sing DREAM ON that will be awesome!

Concert Stars
    This isn't really a good format To debut a new single. I'd be shocked if she did,or Steven either for that matter.

Concert Stars
    ^^ yeah I kinda agree...less than a month to go!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    This isn't really a good format To debut a new single. I'd be shocked if she did,or Steven either for that matter.
    Very good point. We need a wow debut. The Grammys would be nice but I doubt that will happen. I'm thinking that there will not be a live debut until sometime after GG hits radio. Sometimes it's best to hear the recorded cut first since it is sure to be the most ideal version even though we all know that Carrie is also great live.

Concert Stars
    This sounds legit.
    Oh well, nothing can hamper our excitement.
    I agree with you when you say this is probably not the best way to showcase the new single.
    I'm just so excited that this will tie us over.

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post

I agree!!!

AIRPLAY is still the MOST IMPORTANT FORCE in selling large quantities of CDs and a GREAT PUBLICITY CAMPAIGN - ESPECIALLY - "IF", Carrie can make it CROSSOVER to mainstream pop/rock radio air wave WITHOUT REMIXING THE SONG. DEBUTING it in a show for PRESS COVERAGE is just "NUMBER FIVE" in the list.

NUMBER 2 - How much listeners like the music.

Number 3 - Radio Advertising (ADDITIONAL COST for the label).

Number 4 - How you distribute the CDs to stores especially WalMart, Target, Best Buy, etc.

THEN, Number 5 - Press Coverage (Performing it on television shows, etc., INCLUDED).

Number 6 - Touring (Live Concert Tours).

It is a GREAT HELP if the artist will invest MORE TIME, invest MORE ENERGY and invest MORE IMAGINATION on the "PUBLICITY CAMPAIGN"!!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    I'm OK with that. It'll be worth the wait, I am sure!!!

Carrie Guru
    Hey, if I can be patient enough to wait for 2 years, I can surely wait for another 3 weeks .

•