Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Concert Stars

Good Girl Premiere!

Carrie Underwood Single Premiere | Keepin' it Country Media & Radio

Carrie Underwood Single Premiere

January 31, 2012 Lydia Picknell No comments
    Carrie Underwood fans might be getting a little surprise this week. Sirius/XM’s The Highway station reported yesterday during a Nashville Flash segment that Carrie will be debuting her new single “Good Girl” during her CMT Crossroads episode with Steven Tyler this weekend. Her episode of the series, which pairs two artists of different genres together, airs live on February 4th at 11 pm EST.
    Carrie’s new single is a co-write for the Oklahoman superstar, who teamed up with songwriters Chris DeStefano and Ashley Gorley. They previously worked together on Carrie’s “Don’t Forget To Remember Me” and “All-American Girl.” Her new single will be sent to radio on February 23rd, 2012.

You beat me to it lol

SOOO EXCITED

Yay it's very SOON!!!

YES!!! I was hoping tppen!

Concert Stars
    YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! This is incredible news thanks for posting!!
    This thread will explode into great expectations.... BOOM!!!!!!
    Now we know GOOD GIRL will most likely hit Radio on Monday!!!
    So get ready to request your little asses off Carriefans!!!!!!!
    Can't wait to hear this incredible song!!!! And I'm thinking that maybe Tyler sings back up on the song also on the Album!!!!!!
    YES WE ARE FINALY IN BUSINESS!!!!!!!!

just another fan

um if she's gonna debut the single Feb 4, why wait till fed 23 to officially send the single to radio?

Concert Stars
    I think it's because she wants the video to be ready at the same time. But you gotta admit she sounded SO EXCITED about her fans hearing Good Girl.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    um if she's gonna debut the single Feb 4, why wait till fed 23 to officially send the single to radio?
    Jeff the Feb.23 date was the first step in what looks to be a massive promotion this time around... With any promotion the key is to exceed people's expectations!!! Hence you put the date out there then deliver the song much sooner.... Creating much more BUZZZZZ in the process!!! This song will be in such demand that radio will defiantly get it next week I believe!!!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    This will definitely be the highlight of Superbowl Weekend.. I might just watch the repeat of Crossroads instead of the Superbowl!

Concert Stars
    If Carrie does debut the single on Saturday, I really hope she sings it alone and not with Steven Tyler.
    I would hate to hear Tyler's god awful voice the first time I hear the song.

Concert Stars
    OK wow! I think it is safe to say that radio will start playing this at midnight on Feb 5. Lol

Will that hurt the chart week? Lol

I am so excited!! This means Steven Tyler is likely singing it with her!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    If it is performed this Saturday, can radio play that version until the 'radio version' is released????

I know my Christian radio station played Carrie's HGTA performance from the GNO special but I didn't know if that was like a one time deal that this station just did because they were so impressed and inspired by Carrie's performance.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    I think Feb 23 is likely the official adds date, so the date the song is officially "sent" to radio. I would think radio would have the single in their hands before the 23rd, and when they get it, they'll play it. If this is not the case, and radio actually doesn't get the song until the 23rd, I really don't understand sending it on a Thursday. Why wouldn't they send it on a Monday to get a full week of airplay?

Anyway, this is great news for American fans who will be able to see the show live lol. However, not so great for those of us that don't get the American CMT, and can't watch it as it unfolds. At least Vinman (and I'm sure a few others) will cap it, and we will see it after the fact.

Concert Stars
    OMG ya'll, I am sooooooooooooooooo excited for new Carrie music I can hardly stand it! How in the WORLD am I going to get thru the rest of this work week?

I'm still hoping someone will be able to set up a live stream. I hate that CMT Canada never airs any of this stuff live!

Junior Carrie Follower SpringsCarrieFan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    UGH!!! This thread title got me excited. I thought for a minute thye single had been released! Anyways I can't wait! Can anybody tell me specifics? When will it be on? What channel will it be on? etc? I want to make sure I don't miss it.

Concert Stars
    wow, awesome news! i have to admit it sounds like Tyler is singing with her and this is their debut. Oh well, who knows...maybe it will just be her debut. so excited

Concert Stars
    If for some reason Steven is singing background vocals on this single it would give Carrie lots of open opportunity on American Idol to sing it with him there too. I just hope their voices blend well in whatever roles they have in this song premiere.

Concert Stars
    Yessssssss!!!!!!! The perfect way to start my day!!!!!!!

I'm only a little wary of this because if the song is not a duet and she sings it for the first time with Steven Tyler, I hope that doesn't give people the wrong impression of the song. But I suppose it could work if Steven does background vocals on it. But then, wouldn't that be kind of defeating the whole point of Crossroads?

•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast