Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Concert Stars

OFFSTAGE: Carrie Underwood's "Good Girl" Is First Single From New Album

(CMT Offstage keeps a 24/7 watch on everything that's happening with country music artists behind the scenes and out of the spotlight.)

Carrie Underwood's "Good Girl" will be released to country radio on Feb. 23 as the first single from her upcoming album. She announced the title of the song, but didn't really reveal much more, on her fan club website Wednesday morning (Jan. 25). She admits in the video that fans were starting to pick up on little hints she'd been dropping about new music. Then she says, "It'll be coming very soon. And I cannot wait for you guys to hear it." She wrote the song with Ashley Gorley and Chris DeStefano, two writers who are very good at their craft. So I'm sure whatever this song is about -- like she's a good girl, she's sick of being a good girl, she knows a good girl, she can only be a good girl if she has really, really long blond extensions, or none of the above -- you know it will be a hit. And I think Underwood's fans are ready. Because aside from he smash duet "Remind Me" with Brad Paisley last year, she hasn't had a single of her own released since "Mama's Song." She ends the announcement with gratitude for her fans. "Thank you in advance for being awesome," she says. "There you have it. 'Good Girl'."
    source: CMT : News : OFFSTAGE: Carrie Underwood's "Good Girl" Is First Single From New Album

Concert Stars
    I know it's just me, but that release comes across really snarky.
    Could you show any less enthusiasm? ("...the single comes from her upcoming album.")
    And by all means, take a dig at her hair while you're at it.
    IF you wanna insult a girl, go for the hair.
    But thanks for at least announcing the highly anticipated lead single from one of the most anticipated and high profile Cd releases of the year from Super Star Carrie Underwood.
    (really? you had to joke about her hair?)

Well, radio stations are tweeting it all over the place...this is only site I've seen so far that has any mention of Carrie's hair...of all things...don't anyone go there and read the comments in a bit or everyone will just get angry...oh well, take it with a grain of salt and look at all the other places that are covering this wonderful news...OUR GIRL IS BACK!!!!! Woo Hoo!!

Concert Stars
    I hated to even click on it!!

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    I hated to even click on it!!
    Me too and I won't go back there...but everyone else is so excited!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I cannot WAIT to hear it!!!! I feel like I'm on top of the world now that we have ACTUAL news.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I've seen far snarkier things written on CMT lol. That little article isn't that bad. How is it a dig at Carrie's hair by mentioning blonde extensions? Honestly, this is good press...it's bringing attention to the new single. This writer didn't completely trash Carrie...sure, they could have been a little more enthusiastic, but the article wasn't terribly bad.

So exciting,now it begins for real!!!!! #4 album here we come for you

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    This song can not come too soon for me. It seems like we have been waiting years for new music---and finally a light at the end of the tunnel-------------------------

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I know it's just me, but that release comes across really snarky.
    Could you show any less enthusiasm? ("...the single comes from her upcoming album.")
    And by all means, take a dig at her hair while you're at it.
    IF you wanna insult a girl, go for the hair.
    But thanks for at least announcing the highly anticipated lead single from one of the most anticipated and high profile Cd releases of the year from Super Star Carrie Underwood.
    (really? you had to joke about her hair?)
    I've read enough of Allison's articles that I don't even blink when I read her work on CMT. It's not just this article but many others for me to detect the snarky undertone when I see it.
    Shrugs- its CMT after all. Lol no one can rain on my parade.
    New Carrie music here we come!

Concert Stars
    I really did not see anything wrong with the News Thread but the troll must be on lunch now. This troll is just jealous of Carrie and her amazing voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
    I really did not see anything wrong with the News Thread but the troll must be on lunch now. This troll is just jealous of Carrie and her amazing voice.
    I wasn't necessarily talking about the article except bringing up Carrie's hair and that's fine...I was referring to the Comments section where the troll(s) will be out as soon as they see it. That's all...

Concert Stars
    CMT lets the trolls run the site. It's like being in elementary/middle school! That's why I no longer go there -- other to stream and vote.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    I wasn't necessarily talking about the article except bringing up Carrie's hair and that's fine...I was referring to the Comments section where the troll(s) will be out as soon as they see it. That's all...
    I wish CMT could do something about this troll and all of his/her multiple accounts.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I wish CMT could do something about this troll and all of his/her multiple accounts.
    I'm not gonna even look at the comments because I don't want what they have to say ruin the pure excitement I got from reading the article.

Concert Stars
    YEah, I totally agree that any announcement is a good announcement.
    I'm just not sure I understood why they would make a formal announcement and make it sound so..so..IDK.
    But of course I am glad they announced it.
    I just wish is said something (anything) about how exciting this should be for Carries fans.

Concert Stars
    so excited for this!!

Concert Stars
    I think the Troll is really Alison talking to herself and telling us her true feelings.... LOL
    What Trolls don't know is while they are posting hate about Carrie there not supporting there artist... So in a way there really supporting Carrie...HA HA....

I don't think she was shady... but at least they made an announcement

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    No trolls can ruin my excitement and happiness today and it's just the beginning of a great era.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast