Ultimate Carrie Fan

Interview: Kellie Pickler finds herself on '100 Proof'

On her new producers. When Kellie first entered the studio with Frank Liddell and Luke Wooten, they asked her about her favorite singers, about why she got into singing country music. "Because of Hank Williams," she told them. "Because of Kitty Wells. Because of Al Dexter." So the two producers had Kellie sing some of their songs, then transferred that same approach to the new material. "I just sang the way I would sing at home around the house," she says. "I sing all the time. Obviously, I've never had voice lessons. I do not have Carrie Underwood's voice. She is such a phenomenal singer, and she can sing every lick so perfect. I can't. That's not me. I don't feel that way."

Interview: Kellie Pickler finds herself on '100 Proof'

Concert Stars
    Awnnn! Kellie is so sweet! I'll go listen to some of her new material now. XD

On her biggest hit. "Best Days of Your Life was my highest charting song. And I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that Taylor and I wrote it together. I mean, she is huge, so I know that a lot of that was because of her name. But that was my biggest song. And there wasn't a banjo in it, you know what I mean? But that's okay.
    What happened to Kellie and Taylor by the way :O?

Ty
    I don't think anybody really knows. They were still on the road w/ Brad and they just stopped talking w/ one another apparently.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    I don't think anybody really knows. They were still on the road w/ Brad and they just stopped talking w/ one another apparently.
    What happened with that relationship? From my perspective 1.TS became a superstar and 2.TS went POP........and I'm going to risk the wrath of some people on this site and say that perhaps the whole relationship was more of a 'calculated' one....

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    So does this mean that we're supposed to believe that for the whole year they were on tour together they didn't speak to one another??? That must have been an interesting experience????? WOW!

I always thought or felt that it was after their tour together that things soured between them and in my own mind I thought it was because Kellie finally saw behind the curtain and truly saw that 'the emperor' (meaning SWSRN) had no clothes!!!!!

Really? How did fans find out they stopped talking? Just curious...

Concert Stars
    aww so nice!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    So does this mean that we're supposed to believe that for the whole year they were on tour together they didn't speak to one another??? That must have been an interesting experience????? WOW!

I always thought or felt that it was after their tour together that things soured between them and in my own mind I thought it was because Kellie finally saw behind the curtain and truly saw that 'the emperor' (meaning SWSRN) had no clothes!!!!!
    As to the highlighted part. I don't know how old you are so you may not remember the soul duo named Sam & Dave. You may remember their hit Soul Man...redone by The Blues Brothers. Anyway, those 2 guys hated each other. They toured together, recorded together, but the only time they ever spoke was when they were on stage together.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    As to the highlighted part. I don't know how old you are so you may not remember the soul duo named Sam & Dave. You may remember their hit Soul Man...redone by The Blues Brothers. Anyway, those 2 guys hated each other. They toured together, recorded together, but the only time they ever spoke was when they were on stage together.
    Gosh I've never heard of that group -- guess I'm too young!!!! LOL Thanks for the heads up about that group and song though!

In light of that piece of info you shared, I guess it is possible they stopped talking then. I guess I always thought that something happened during the year they were touring together. Like I said earlier, in my heart of hearts, I just really believe that Kellie saw the true natural of SWSRN's talents -- or lack there of -- and perhaps privvy to some of the business tactics of SWSRN!

•