Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Carrie Fan

Letter in Country Weekly January 2 issue regarding Carrie entitled More Modesty

I purchased Country Weekly for the story on the Straits' 40th anniversary. Congrats to them! However, I had only to turn to pages 2-3 to be disappointed (The Big Picture, Dec. 5). I totally understand the "friendly competition" promotion, yet it is sad that a photo of Carrie Underwood's crotch area was front and center. Surely that wasn't the only photo available. I'm no prude, but ladies, please! It is not necessary to wear up-to-the-butt skirts or have bellies and boobs hanging out to be a star. Have more respect for yourself and leave something to the imagination.

LYNN GREEN
    Lake Wales, FL

I believe this is going to be a big issue for Carrie and distract from her music appreciation and create a lot of controversy. America fell in love with the shy OK gal. She has come a long way in all aspects and a beautiful fashion icon. Her self-confidence soared starting with Cowboy Casanova (after meeting Mike) and fashion became more revealing legwise - just not what you would expect from the How Great Thou Art song bird. I am behind in my reading but notice that upcoming magazine also has her on the cover in outfit like Lynn Green described above. I am a huge fan of Carrie's music and just hate to have any negativity regarding her.

Concert Stars
    She shows a little leg, and people take notice? yet all the pop queens, (Perry, Gaga etc) can wear nothing and everyone turns the other way? Carrie is a God loving, modest Woman in every way.

Carrie has an awesome body. and a set of legs anyone would kill for. She has every right to show them off.

She cant please everyone.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by typingterror View Post
    I purchased Country Weekly for the story on the Straits' 40th anniversary. Congrats to them! However, I had only to turn to pages 2-3 to be disappointed (The Big Picture, Dec. 5). I totally understand the "friendly competition" promotion, yet it is sad that a photo of Carrie Underwood's crotch area was front and center. Surely that wasn't the only photo available. I'm no prude, but ladies, please! It is not necessary to wear up-to-the-butt skirts or have bellies and boobs hanging out to be a star. Have more respect for yourself and leave something to the imagination.

LYNN GREEN
    Lake Wales, FL

I believe this is going to be a big issue for Carrie and distract from her music appreciation and create a lot of controversy. America fell in love with the shy OK gal. She has come a long way in all aspects and a beautiful fashion icon. Her self-confidence soared starting with Cowboy Casanova (after meeting Mike) and fashion became more revealing legwise - just not what you would expect from the How Great Thou Art song bird. I am behind in my reading but notice that upcoming magazine also has her on the cover in outfit like Lynn Green described above. I am a huge fan of Carrie's music and just hate to have any negativity regarding her.
    As to the bolded part, all I can say is.....Yes You Are!

It seems to me that there are far more important things to focus on that a photo of Carries legs & if that becomes your focus then yes, you are becoming the very prude you are railing against.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    She's a 28 yr. old WOMAN, she can dress however she so chooses. I happen to think that she's looked stunning and smashing in everything she's chosen to wear. Isn't there a saying that goes something like, 'if you've got it flaunt it'???? Well Carrie has AMAAAAZZZZING legs!!! PLUS, I know she's said before that she never goes on stage without wearing shorts under her dresses --- she's not going to have any wardrobe malfunctions!!!!

Carrie is a beautiful, talented artist and woman. She's just showcasing that!!!!!

Huge Carrie Follower carrieforV's Avatar
    carrie never shows to much skin, shes always cover up the right places, i think this lady is jeouls of carries legs!

Concert Stars
    Was it just a photo of Carrie's crotch (an awful word. It sounds so weird.) area? That's awkward, and the magazine's fault. Not Carrie's. She's almost 29 years old. She's married. She's got a killer body. She can wear whatever she wants.

Concert Stars
    wow don't like that...

Concert Stars
    Why would CW print such an article in the first place? what a joke.

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I'm quite sure Carrie learned long ago that she can't please everyone. She likes to show off her legs and there is nothing wrong with that. Part of being a performer is wearing costumes that you wouldn't necessarily wear on the street.

Obsessed Carrie Fan AdamLikesCarrie's Avatar
    this lady is paid by Big Machine Records and Scott Borchetta

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Well this isn't surprising. Where is the person who thought it was appropriate to snap a picture of her crotch area? Everyone who follows Carrie knows she wears shorts under short dresses. Ms Green would know that too if she were a Carrie fan. What I want to know is, WHERE is my New Carrie music?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    I'm quite sure Carrie learned long ago that she can't please everyone. She likes to show off her legs and there is nothing wrong with that. Part of being a performer is wearing costumes that you wouldn't necessarily wear on the street.
    exactly

Concert Stars
    This is ridiculous!! Why is it even in the magazine!!!

Concert Stars
    God made her legs.
    Carrie presents herself as a strong confident independant woman.
    She does not present herself as a sexually promiscuous person or someone who uses her sexuality to please men.
    These are improtant points to make. Because you can see a women in many forms of "undress" and it is intended for a purpose. If you are a olympic swimmer you are not dressing to attract men.
    My point is that it is very easy to look at the way one women dances on stage to gain the attention of men in a sexual way and the way another women dances to represent their strenth and confidence in themselves.
    Sorry that a "crotch shot" in a magazine is intentionally being used to put Carries integrity into question.
    CW knows better.
    They do what they can to sell mags.
    And if creating controvery by intentionally showing Carries legs and mentioning HGTA is gonna help to sell mags, then they will do it.
    And don't bother arguing that it was not the mag but a letter. They didn't have to publish the letter if they didn't see the potencial in it.
    Trust me, most of the letters don't get published.
    Only the ones that have the potencial to creat interest.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    God made her legs.
    Carrie presents herself as a strong confident independant woman.
    She does not present herself as a sexually promiscuous person or someone who uses her sexuality to please men.
    These are improtant points to make. Because you can see a women in many forms of "undress" and it is intended for a purpose. If you are a olympic swimmer you are not dressing to attract men.
    My point is that it is very easy to look at the way one women dances on stage to gain the attention of men in a sexual way and the way another women dances to represent their strenth and confidence in themselves.
    Sorry that a "crotch shot" in a magazine is intentionally being used to put Carries integrity into question.
    CW knows better.
    They do what they can to sell mags.
    And if creating controvery by intentionally showing Carries legs and mentioning HGTA is gonna help to sell mags, then they will do it.
    And don't bother arguing that it was not the mag but a letter. They didn't have to publish the letter if they didn't see the potencial in it.
    Trust me, most of the letters don't get published.
    Only the ones that have the potencial to creat interest.
    I agree, my point was move along...no story here. Bring on the new music!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyfan View Post
    I agree, my point was move along...no story here. Bring on the new music!
    Agreed.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    CW simply published a letter that one of their readers wrote to the editor. They didn't publish an article about this lol. No one other than us Carrie fans will even pay any attention to this. It's one person's opinion.
    CW likely published this letter to let the woman who sent it know they received it, and took the issue seriously enough that perhaps they will be careful in selecting photos for their future issues.
    This doesn't reflect poorly on Carrie at all because, again, it is one woman's opinion, not the opinion of the magazine itself or the opinion of all of its readers.
    This will only become a big issue if people make it a big issue.

Ty
    This blatant sexism. smh

Concert Stars
    3 posts since 2006 and she decides that this is SO important as to create a new thread.

I agree with thaifood, she is a prude.

jptexas wants new music, come on Carrie, at least the single's name

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jptexas View Post
    3 posts since 2006 and she decides that this is SO important as to create a new thread.

I agree with thaifood, she is a prude.

jptexas wants new music, come on Carrie, at least the single's name
    To be fair to the CF poster,(typingterror), the "prude" comment wasn't his/hers, but that of the woman who wrote the letter to CW.

Just sayin'.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast