Concert Stars

E!OnlineL Carrie Underwood Saves Injured Dog on Highway

Wow this story has gone viral. People Mag, E!News, ET, CMT, ETCanada, Australia, and many other sites are picking it up. I am glad as this will bring the issue more attention-- to stop dumping poor dogs off on the highway. Horrid!

I am so glad Carrie is getting the credit for this that she deserves= especially since she did this unselfishly.

E! Online @eonline 5m Carrie Underwood Saves Injured Dog on Highway eonli.ne/xPAjrf

Who doesn't love a celeb that loves animals? (And a gorgeous celeb, at that.)
    Carrie Underwood shared a story that proves she's truly a dog's best friend. It might sound cheesy, but it's for real!
    Here's what happened...
    LOOK: Check Out Kendall and Kylie Jenner's New Puppies!
    The singer pulled over to help suffering dogs on the median of an interstate highway between Oklahoma and Tennessee after paying a visit to her parents' house over the holidays.
    "I had Ace and Penny [Underwood's dogs] and a trunk full of luggage and presents in the SUV," she wrote on fan club website on Dec. 30.
    The country singer moved one of the dog's "bloody" and "limping" body to her car. Unfortunately, the other dog had died. "My guess is that the dogs were thrown out of their car by their owners on the highway."
    READ: Jason Aldean, Carrie Underwood Reign at American Country Awards; Plus, Who's Artist of the Decade?
    Underwood took the injured pooch under her wings for the time being and named her Stella.
    After a trip to the emergency vet to get groomed, the CMA Awards host tried to find a permanent home for her little friend.
    As of New Year's Day, Carrie reported that Stella was getting house trained, recovering from her road rash and getting her teeth cleaned.
    "She follows me around from room to room," Underwood wrote. "She's the best Lab I've ever been around!"
    A day later, we learned that Stella had been adopted by some neighbors down the street, "I cried when she walked out the door," Underwood wrote. "[Husband Mike Fisher] told me not to be a crazy ex-girlfriend about it and stalk them...I can't help it! She deserves the best life ever!"
    All togethter now: Stellaaaaaa!
    GALLERY: Very Important Pets

This really is getting alot of attention on twitter...continue to see so many tweets from all kinds of people, magazines, blogs, etc. This just goes to show you what people think of you when you rescue an animal and of course Our Girl jumped right in there and now Stella is safe and sound!!!

Insane Carrie Fan
    "She follows me around from room to room," Underwood wrote. "She's the best Lab I've ever been around!"
    A day later, we learned that Stella had been adopted by some neighbors down the street, "I cried when she walked out the door," Underwood wrote. "[Husband Mike Fisher] told me not to be a crazy ex-girlfriend about it and stalk them...I can't help it! She deserves the best life ever!"
    I know that they probably shouldn't have quote Carrie but I'm so happy to see a little bit of Carrie's words; there's just nothing like actually seeing how she writes in the blog. How I wish I could be part of the FC.

Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    I know that they probably shouldn't have quote Carrie but I'm so happy to see a little bit of Carrie's words; there's just nothing like actually seeing how she writes in the blog. How I wish I could be part of the FC.
    I wish I could too...but we will at some point...hopefully sooner rather than later!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    I completely understand you.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    They wrote an awesome article - including Carrie's awesome words that just touched your heart even deeper. Thanks for post!!

Concert Stars
    So much of what we read is negative. I love that this is getting so much attention because its a feel good story (even tho' one dog lost his life to evil) and it seems people are starved for Carrie news!
    Ann - btw you are getting really good at sending tweets

Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    So much of what we read is negative. I love that this is getting so much attention because its a feel good story (even tho' one dog lost his life to evil) and it seems people are starved for Carrie news!
    Ann - btw you are getting really good at sending tweets
    Oh thanks!! I've still got a lot to learn...there are things I want to do that I don't know how to do...I'll have to ask Tee...she knows how to do everything!!!

By the way, what is your username again cuz there was one I couldn't find and I think it was yours...cuz I want to follow you!!

Concert Stars
    You already do, but its Lizw82678

Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    You already do, but its Lizw82678
    Yeah...nvm...sorry...I found you on my Carrie Underwood search and followed you from there...I think before the "w" was left out but I didn't go back and check...not important...anyway we'll all good. You're doing quite well yourself!!!!

Concert Stars
    this story really is everywhere...love it!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    GAC has also just posted this story on their website.

Concert Stars
    Perez hilton and rollingstone picked it up! Wow!

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    It's nice that the story is getting out there but I have read several of the articles and I can't help but think as a former journalism student Carrie would be horrified by the sloppy reporting. They are all basically quoting each other and they still can't be consistent. Some say she was on her way to Ok and some on her way back, some way Mike was with her, some say the dog was slightly injured and some say the dog was barely clinging to life. I'm not a FC member so I don't know the details but you would think professional journalists could be a little more professional.

•