Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Carrie Fan

'American Idol' judges, producers zing 'The Voice' & other singing competitions

Executive producer Ken Warwick goes further, saying that "Idol" is the only reality competition you can count on for real talent. "This is the show that produces the stars," he says. "There is no other series over the years that has produced anywhere near the number of stars that we have. To be honest, Leona Lewis was kind of a one-and-a-half hit star for a minute, but there's no Kelly Clarksons, Carrie Underwoods, Jennifer Hudsons. Coming up on [NBC] now is Kat McPhee -- they are real stars. They really are. And none of these other shows are producing stars like that."

'American Idol' judges, producers zing 'The Voice' & other singing competitions - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

I see no lies there. The funny thing is that now Kelly is a judge on The Voice If even Kelly can be a judge, Carrie can perform. More promo for Carrie

Ty
    The shade at Leona....loooooooooooool

Huge Carrie Follower carrieforV's Avatar
    i hate when shows knock down other shows just to get ratings, people will watch what thay want to watch, no need to hate on the other shows.

I don't see Carrie performing on X-Factor because Simon Fuller and Simon Cowell are in a feud and lawsuit. Kelly is no longer with Simon Fuller and has really distanced herself from Idol so I see why she performed on X-Factor.

Plus, with The Voice, aren't they going to be opposite Idol -- maybe it's just me, but if they are opposite each other, I don't see Carrie on The Voice either.

Ty
    I don't think Kelly has any real ties to Idol anymore. Carrie is still with Simon Fuller's agency. So...I doubt we'll be seeing any The Voice appearances from her.

Concert Stars
    I agree that we won't be seeing Carrie on any other show but Idol. But I don't like seeing Randy Jackson and others saying bad things about the other shows. I actually enjoyed The Voice (I could do without XFactor). And until this last year (Scotty and Lauren) Idol winners haven't been doing that great in selling albums either.

Maybe it's tit for tat...shouldn't happen but it does...Adam Levine has been talking crap about Idol for awhile and it's getting real old. Agree though wish no one would say anything bad about the other but they do.

Insane Carrie Fan
    The fact this guy is making judgement on shows that are just in their first seasons and the winners havent even released an album makes Idol look more pathetic than ever. And that sucks because you have talented people attached to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_vzla View Post
    The fact this guy is making judgement on shows that are just in their first seasons and the winners havent even released an album makes Idol look more pathetic than ever. And that sucks because you have talented people attached to the show.
    Well, like I just said, it's probably tit for tat -- shouldn't happen but it does. Adam Levine needs to shut up badmouthing Idol --- he's doing it quite frequently. Doesn't mean Idol should do the same, but it happens.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_vzla View Post
    The winner, runner-up and 2 additional finalists have all released an album already.
    The winner debut the album #134 on charts and then dropped off the chart altogether the 2nd week. Suffice to say, the other 3 hardly did any better. Compared to even a top 5 finalist on Idol, the WINNER and runner up had opening sales FAR below.
    Didn't even hear a thing about their album OR the artist after the show? Exactly.

Concert Stars
    Adam Levine has a big mouth! He does need to stop talking trash about Idol.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    I don't see Carrie performing on X-Factor because Simon Fuller and Simon Cowell are in a feud and lawsuit. Kelly is no longer with Simon Fuller and has really distanced herself from Idol so I see why she performed on X-Factor.

Plus, with The Voice, aren't they going to be opposite Idol -- maybe it's just me, but if they are opposite each other, I don't see Carrie on The Voice either.

Kelly has never really been loyal to idol like Carrie has. I'm not bashing Kelly, it is just a statement of fact. Carrie has always given idol credit for her start, kelly ...not so much.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Well in my opinion I think there are too many of these type of shows on tv now. I am partial to Idol since I have been watching it since season 2. I watched a little of the Voice last year but found it to focus more on the judges rather than the contestants. I only watched a few times of the X Factor and it really isn't much different than Idol.

Also, I too don't think we will see Carrie on the X Factor or The Voice.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Kelly has consciously chosen to distance herself from Idol. Her logic apparently is that she doesn't want to be thought of as "just" a talent show winner and be evaluated purely on her talent. Carrie has chosen to embrace it as what launched her career. Neither approach is wrong, just different ways of looking at it. Given Carrie's loyalty to Idol I would agree that is would be a little surprising if she were to appear on X-Factor or the Voice.

Concert Stars
    True but Kelly did stick up for American Idol and Carrie when Scott Borchetta was dissing it so Kelly went up in my books after that. As far as the other singing competitions goes, at the end of the day, all I will say is it comes down to who is producing. So far in my eyes, AI seems to have produced more w/ it's contestants than The Voice or X-factor has so far. Of course, the voice and X factor (USA) are newer than AI though so the jury is still out but so far AI has them beat. The second best to AI would be Nashville Star imo w/ Miranda.
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 01-09-2012 at 02:32 AM.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchs View Post
    I see no lies there. The funny thing is that now Kelly is a judge on The Voice If even Kelly can be a judge, Carrie can perform. More promo for Carrie
    Not taking anything away from Kelly she is a superstar, but I really think a big part of the reason she got on that show is the friend connection to Blake, his wife Miranda (who will also appear as a mentor like Kelly)..in the past year or so they seem to travel as a group including Reba...I've wondered if Blake is managed by Reba's husband like Kelly is...the more the merrier I guess.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    Not taking anything away from Kelly she is a superstar, but I really think a big part of the reason she got on that show is the friend connection to Blake, his wife Miranda (who will also appear as a mentor like Kelly)..in the past year or so they seem to travel as a group including Reba...I've wondered if Blake is managed by Reba's husband like Kelly is...the more the merrier I guess.
    Yes Blake is managed by Reba's husband too.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Kat McFee is like the cat with 9 lives....now here's a person who will not take no for an answer..lucky for her there are people who are willing to give her another chance in the business....but isn't he a little premature in refering to Kat as a star...is her show a hit already?

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    It's not taking anything away from Kelly because it's the truth lol. The mentors on The Voice appear to be able to ask whomever they wish to be their guest mentors. The show doesn't select people for them. Of course, they are all going to choose to bring on people they enjoy working with. Blake is friends with Kelly, and appears to also admire her talent. They "travel in a group" lol because they are all friends lol. They enjoy each other's company. Kelly tends to hang with the Nashville crowd more than the Hollywood crowd. Reba was actually Blake's guest mentor on The Voice last season during the battle rounds. She gave great advice to the contestants, and I expect Kelly and Miranda will do the same. Blake stated somewhere this past week that part of the reason he asked Kelly and Miranda to be his guests were that they both are products of singing competition shows. They know what these contestants are going through. I think that will provide both women with a unique perspective when helping out Blake and his team.

On topic now lol: The Idol people are just giving back to The Voice what Adam Levine has been dishing out for about a year now lol. The Idol people didn't say anything terribly nasty lol...they spoke the truth actually. They are right that they invented the game here in North America, and they have proved they can produce stars. Kelly was an immediate success for Idol in season one. The Voice hasn't had that at all which is a shame because their finalists from last year were very talented. Idol has gone onto produce several more stars. It is yet to be seen how the X Factor fairs when it comes to producing star power here in the US. It is a huge compliment to Idol that The Voice is having Kelly on as a guest mentor for Team Blake. It says a lot about the power and influence of Idol.
    If The Voice doesn't want Idol talking a little smack about them, perhaps they should tell Adam to lay off the Idol insults lol. Idol will always win out...they actually have the track record to back up their smack talk .

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast