Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Country Superstar Carrie Underwood to Perform at Nordstrom Symphony Fashion Show

Country Superstar Carrie Underwood to Perform at Nordstrom Symphony Fashion Show on... -- NASHVILLE, Tenn., Jan. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --

Evening to include exclusive Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2012 fashion show

NASHVILLE, Tenn., Jan. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Nordstrom, in partnership with the Nashville Symphony, will present the Nordstrom Symphony Fashion Show, featuring a performance by five-time GRAMMY® winner Carrie Underwood and an exclusive presentation of Oscar de la Renta's Pre-Fall 2012 collection on Tuesday, February 28. The event, emceed by radio and television personality Storme Warren, will take place from 6-10 pm at Schermerhorn Symphony Center in Nashville, with a cocktail reception before the show and dinner to follow.

This year marks Nordstrom's first time producing the fashion show since opening a store at The Mall at Green Hills in September of 2011, as well as Carrie Underwood's first performance at the Symphony Fashion Show. Guests will also have the opportunity to get a closer look at the featured fashions after the performance and fashion show at an exclusive boutique inside Schermerhorn Symphony Center.

Proceeds from the Nordstrom Symphony Fashion Show will assist the Symphony in reaching more than 95,000 people through free community concerts; bringing world-renowned artists such as Yo-Yo Ma, Bela Fleck and Emanuel Ax to perform for local audiences; providing barrier-free music education to thousands of students across Middle Tennessee; and supporting the work of today's leading composers.

Underwood, a 19 Recordings/Arista Nashville recording artist, is a current GRAMMY® Award nominee and a five-time GRAMMY® winner, a two-time Academy of Country Music Entertainer of the Year, a three-time Country Music Association and ACM Female Vocalist winner, and a proud member of the Grand Ole Opry. Since her debut in 2005, Underwood has amassed more than 14 million in album sales and has placed 14 No. 1 singles on the charts.

Oscar de la Renta is one of the world's preeminent designers. The company was established in 1965 and currently produces a full line of women's accessories, bridal, home decor and fragrances, in addition to its signature women's ready-to-wear collection. For more information, please visit www.oscardelarenta.com.

Nordstrom, Inc. is one of the nation's leading fashion specialty retailers. Founded in 1901 as a shoe store in Seattle, today Nordstrom operates 225 stores in 30 states, including 117 full-line stores, 104 Nordstrom Racks, two Jeffrey boutiques, one treasure&bond store and one clearance store. Nordstrom also serves customers through Nordstrom.com and through its catalogs. Additionally, the Company operates in the online private sale marketplace through its subsidiary HauteLook.

For inquiries regarding Carrie Underwood, please contact Jessie Schmidt of Schmidt Relations at (615) 851-4917 or Jessie@schmidtpr.com.
    Last edited by Ann055; 01-06-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Storm Carrie has started, watch out everyone. Amazing 2012 is upon us.

Concert Stars

Just saying...

And they're starting to unveil the awesome 2012 she promised.

Great news!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Underwood, a 19 Recordings/Arista Nashville recording artist, is a current GRAMMY® Award nominee and a five-time GRAMMY® winner, a two-time Academy of Country Music Entertainer of the Year, a three-time Country Music Association and ACM Female Vocalist winner, and a proud member of the Grand Ole Opry. Since her debut in 2005, Underwood has amassed more than 14 million in album sales and has placed 14 No. 1 singles on the charts.

Concert Stars
    Awesome!!!! Cannot wait to see if she wears Oscar deal rent a to the show. I am sure she would since it is their fashion show.

Concert Stars
    OMG!!!!! This is awesome! Storm Carrie is brewing + about to be unleash! I'm so ready to be hit by storm Carrie

Concert Stars
    awesome news!

Concert Stars
    Here's the first guaranteed live performance of the new single With fashion shows I kind of imagine upbeat pop songs, so I actually really don't know what she would sing. But since it's Nashville Symphony, I guess a slower mid-tempo song or ballad would be possible. Hopefully, especially being at a fashion show, Carrie will wear something we've never seen from her before.

Concert Stars
    I would imagine Carrie would wear Oscar De La Renta since it is his fashion show-- and it would kind of be rude not to, you know? lol

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This sounds like a very cool gig for Carrie!
    The album 4 promo machine has started...here we go!

The tweets from fashion people and companies have been going like crazy tonight with the article...I like the publicity!!

Let the album 4 promo begin!

Concert Stars
    Elegant way to start "Carrie's Year"!!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I would imagine Carrie would wear Oscar De La Renta since it is his fashion show-- and it would kind of be rude not to, you know? lol
    I figured that much. I don't know what his collection is like, but I meant that i'm hoping for outfit styles that we've never seen her wear before. something daring kind of like her ACA shoes, just moreso and embodied in the entire outfit. I guess stuff like her 2011 CMA outfits like that heavy metallic dress she wore and her opening white dress/shoe combo. I thought both of those were really cool and new for her.

Pulled this thread up because the concert & fashion show are tomorrow nite.

Concert Stars
    Thank you. I forgot about this. Was focusing on Good Girl, her new Twitter Account , etc. Hope we get a lot of pictures.

Concert Stars
    I hope we get lots of pics too! I really want to see what she is wearing.

Remember, this event is tonight and hopefully we'll get pictures...maybe videos of a performance...everyone on twitter be on the lookout for any info...

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast