Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Carrie Grants Wishes for Her Hometown Schools W/Donation Through CATS Foundation :)

Concert Stars

Carrie Grants Wishes for Her Hometown Schools W/Donation Through CATS Foundation :)

Carrie Underwood.fm

News Story

News Story

CARRIE UNDERWOOD GRANTS WISHES FOR HER HOMETOWN SCHOOLS WITH DONATION THROUGH HER C.A.T.S. FOUNDATION

01/04/12 Nashville (January 4, 2012) -- Carrie Underwood made wishes come true this holiday season for the schools in her hometown of Checotah, Oklahoma with donations amounting to $350,000 through her C.A.T.S. Foundation - Checotah Animal, Town, and School Foundation. Each of the four schools - Marshall Elementary, Checotah Intermediate School, Checotah Middle School, and Checotah High School - learned just in time for Christmas that they would receive the necessary funds from C.A.T.S. to fulfill various school needs. The donations will go towards items such as new computer labs for each school, plus playground equipment, physical fitness equipment, as well as new band uniforms, furniture, storage, instruments for their music programs, among other items.
    “Late last year each of the schools created a list of their needs and I am so thrilled that the C.A.T.S. Foundation was able to fund it all,” said Underwood. “It gives me great joy knowing we are helping my hometown schools to offer an even better education to the students. They deserve it.”
    “We are so proud of Carrie and her accomplishments and we appreciate everything she has done for our students. Every student in our school will benefit from the C.A.T.S. Foundation’s generous donation,” shared Toni Brown, Assistant Superintendent of Checotah Public Schools.
    In addition, this past October, Underwood’s C.A.T.S. Foundation partnered with national non-profit organization KaBOOM!, and with the help of over 200 local volunteers built a playground in one day at Marshall Elementary School designed by the school's students.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    WOW!!!!! Thanks for the info Tee. That is our girl---always giving back and helping others. I am proud to be a fan.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Aww. So sweet She did say she was gonna do something in December and again this year.

That's Our Girl...I'm so proud to be a Carrie Fan!!

Concert Stars
    Awesome that Carrie gives back to her hometown. One of the reasons we love her.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    It's great that Carrie is using her success to help her hometown!

Carrie was busy with album preparations, plus family life, yet she still made time to keep up with her foundation. Awesome lady.

Concert Stars
    Carrie never stops giving! I'M SO PROUD OF HER!!!

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    They seem to be doing a really good job with that foundation. Many times celebrities start foundations with the best of intentions and they end up being poorly managed and don't accomplish much. It is really nice to see the CATS foundation accomplishing some really great things. The students in Checotah are lucky to have Carrie as their benefactor.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    God bless you Carrie. You inspire so many people, young and old. Very proud to be an older fan.

Insane Carrie Fan carriefan0825's Avatar
    proof that she's one of the most gracious women to ever walk the earth.

Insane Carrie Fan
    And in addition to the stuff she's done for the schools, she built a new animal rescue center/shelter.

Concert Stars
    Carrie is so great!

And I'm sure if it were up to Carrie, no one would even know. I like that Carrie did this without a press release the day it happened. It seems to me that both Mike and Carrie would really prefer to help anonymously and I'm sure they do alot of charity work that we don't know anything about -- probably the only reason we know about this is because of Carrie's Foundation which is a different category and people should have knowledge of it. So many celebrities tell the press every time they help anyone and it makes you wonder why they have to have the publicity and can't just help someone to help someone without any fanfare.

Concert Stars
    Give with no preconditions and you shall be rewarded ten fold. Carrie fits that mold perfectly.

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by jptexas View Post
    Give with no preconditions and you shall be rewarded ten fold. Carrie fits that mold perfectly.

I agree!!!

And in some small way, this EXTRAORDINARY GORGEOUS "Carrie Underwood" will make GOD, PROUD OF HER, too. Kudos to "Carrie and Mike" for - SERVING GOD AND HELPING PEOPLE!!!

And this is the PROMISE that He made us: ETERNAL LIFE. - 1 John 2:25

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Its great that Carrie gives back to her hometown. I am sure all the schools greatly appreciate this donation. By the way, CMT has just posted this article on their site.

Lots of tweets going out about it as well...also lots of tweets about Stella...

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    Lots of tweets going out about it as well...also lots of tweets about Stella...
    I hope Stella is doing well! Maybe Carrie will give us an update on how she is doing with her new family. Its great that she now has a family to take care of her.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    So wonderful to see how much she was able to do this year - how awesome that is - its got to be so gratifying to be able to give back to the town that helped make her who she is today!! So proud of her.
    Yes, I'm looking forward to an update on Stella also - just the saddest thing. Anxious to hear how her tongue is doing and will that be a permanent problem or only temporary. Just breaks your heart what some heartless people are capable of doing!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast