Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Miranda Lambert Thinks She Should Cover Carrie Underwood’s ‘Before He Cheats’

Miranda Lambert isn’t one to be afraid to tell you what she’s thinking or feeling. The song that scored her the first Top 10 single of her career, ‘Gunpowder and Lead,’ showed the world of country music that she may be little, but she’s one tough chicky!

While she does write nearly all of her music the she records, Lambert does think back on one song that she wishes that she had the opportunity to cut. “There are so many [great songs, but] ‘Before He Cheats’ [by Carrie Underwood] … that’s a good one!” Lambert tells People. “Maybe I should cover it!”
    Source | Miranda Lambert Thinks She Should Cover Carrie Underwood’s ‘Before He Cheats’

so... what do you think about the article? personally, I won't mind it if she covers BHC, but she can't avoid comparisons....

PS: look at the comments section

Concert Stars
    I don't mind Miranda and she is a okay in my eyes so if she wanted to cover Carrie Underwood's BHC, I think it is flattering. Of course, the comparison will be there so she may not want to do it for that fact.

The comment section was pretty brutal though.
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 01-03-2012 at 02:05 AM.

Obsessed Carrie Fan AdamLikesCarrie's Avatar
    I don't mind Miranda, Reba or Martina covering the song. As long as the person is NOT TAYLOR SWIFT...Cuz i'll spend my whole day to spam her wall

Concert Stars
    Lolmiranda.

Nothing against her, but Carrie songs aren't easy to cover unless you make them entirely different. I just can't see her doing that, but she might surprise me.

At least she didn't say she wanted to cover "I Know You Won't."

Whoa at the comments section. It's becoming brutal over there lol.

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think she'd do a great job & do it justice but I doubt she'll do it, not anytime soon anyway, because of the comparisons & that's it's already been done. However she may just cover it for YouTube on stage or one album someday - but that is it.

What's Miranda's next single? Looking forward to finally a proper music video since Only Prettier!

^^The second single is "Over You".

Concert Stars
    I don't think she has any intention of doing that. Also, who is the author of this column & have they ever even seen Miranda.This comment makes me wonder:

‘Gunpowder and Lead,’ showed the world of country music that she may be little,

She may be little in the same way Wynona is petite.

Concert Stars
    I don't mind Miranda...don't know if she should cover BHC though...

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    BHC is definitely a Carrie song - too soon for Miranda to cover a song that is so obviously a Carrie song - I think.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I agree with DizzyDollyDee. BHC is a trademark song, which is, and is likely to remain, a classic.

"Gunpowder and Lead" and BHC have similarities in their "wronged woman" theme - but musically they're pretty different. Miranda's great at Texas Music (GAL in my opinion is much stronger than "Baggage Claim") - but maybe she should leave the Muscle Shoals sound to Carrie. BHC requires a sophistication in the delivery which I haven't really heard in GAL.

It's fine for Ran to sing in a concert (and the two friends have sung it together), but I don't think an album cut would be a good idea.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Miranda would probably do okay on BHC but there is no one who can sing it like Carrie in my opinion. Well I guess you could say Carrie should be flattered that Miranda wants to cover BHC. I guess that also tells you that its a good thing Carrie got this song first since it was a hugh hit. I am sure in hind sight that many artists probably wished they had cut this song.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    I like all the bickering in that Taste of Country site lol! I would like her to cover it in her style but it will never be a hit like Carrie's version.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Why must people try to turn everything into a war? It's bad enough when people start the my favorite is better than your favorite battles but to degenerate into personal attacks is really disheartening. I don't think Miranda was serious about covering the song. The comment struck my more like a "maybe someday it would be cool" than a "I'm going to do that on my next album."

Junior Carrie Follower
    Oh gosh....I've heard Miranda during the duet with Carrie....I pray that she doesn't cover that song....might be a career suicide...

Concert Stars
    \

Miranda trying to cover BHC, is like Taylor Swift trying to cover Gladys Knight's "midnight train to Georgia". It just ain't right.
    Hey, there's one time when "ain't" can and should be used.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Taste of Country had to LOVE seeing the maybe I should cover before BHC comment from Miranda because the knew once they posted the story via People that the typical meltdowns would happen.

Huge Carrie Follower quincyeyes's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I like a lot of Miranda's music and she really does the BHC theme well in songs like Gun Powder & Lead, Kerosene and although the theme is a bit different the feel is the same on Mama's Broken Heart. I appreciate her raw approach in those songs and she puts up a persona that adds credibility to the lyrics. That being said, I have zero interest in her covering any of Carrie's songs. It is too soon for anyone to be covering Carrie's songs especially a contemporary. I do appreciate that Miranda recognizes a good song when she hears one as her biggest hit by a country mile was not written by her (THTBM) and I personally think Mama's Broken Heart if released will be huge and again it was not written by her. I think Miranda must have experienced an awakening of sorts when she listened to the demo of THTBM that was apparently sent to Blake for his consideration and recognized the value in recording a great song whether she wrote it or not and that has paid off. Now we have her most recent album with I think only half the songs co-written by her. Although I am not as crazy about her most recent album as her prior ones, I think she has the right idea: choose the best songs. It therefore makes sense to me that she would think that she would have liked to have recorded BHC and that it would be fun to cover it.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by nccountrygal View Post
    Miranda would probably do okay on BHC but there is no one who can sing it like Carrie in my opinion. Well I guess you could say Carrie should be flattered that Miranda wants to cover BHC. I guess that also tells you that its a good thing Carrie got this song first since it was a hugh hit. I am sure in hind sight that many artists probably wished they had cut this song.
    That applies to practically every Carrie song. The comparison and extreme likelihood of falling short should be reasons to avoid covering a Carrie song.

Concert Stars
    I think she'd do a really good version of "Before He Cheats" on tour or something. She's got the sass, she could pull it off. I agree it wouldn't make sense as an album cut or anything.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast