Concert Stars

Carrie ranked #85 in The Hockey News "People of Power in Hockey" listing

In this weeks edition of The Hockey News, (Sidney Crosby on cover is #1) the cover story is a listing of the top 100 influential people in hockey today.

Carrie is listed #85 as "person of power" in hockey for being a Country Superstar and Hockey Wife.

Concert Stars
    Wow that is pretty dang good considering she does not play hockey.lol

What place did Mike rank on the list?

Huge Carrie Follower CrazyDreams1818's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I doubt Mike was on the list...

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post

Carrie is on the list as a representative of hockey wives.
    you can read the full list here - The Hockey News | Jan-16-12 Back Issue for $3.99*| Zinio - The World's Largest Newsstand , just click on inside,Carrie's on page 29

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Thanx! That is awesome she made the list. Pretty funny that she did and Mike did not. lol

Huge Carrie Follower CrazyDreams1818's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thanx! That is awesome she made the list. Pretty funny that she did and Mike did not. lol
    Not really a surprise. While Mike is a big star to Carrie fans, Preds fans and Sens fans, others may not know who he is, and if they do, it is likely because of who his wife is. And there's not too much that he does to 'influence' hockey in a big way, and there are many other hockey players I would put on that list before Mike. But hockey wives, including Carrie, are pretty big influences for their hockey-playing husbands

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan

AWESOME that Carrie made the list!!! It will be GREAT for the PRESENT GENERATION and FUTURE GENERATION of "Carrie Fans, Mike Fans and Hockey Fans". There was a very beautiful post that "Pi314CA" did, about marriage from the PERSPECTIVE of the BIBLE. That is what Carrie and Mike is doing as husband and wife - SUPPORT EACH OTHER and keep GOD at the center of their relationship. THE FAMILY THAT PRAYS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER!!! As Mike said in his interview with "Patrick Knight" at "K102", "it's been fun when you find someone that you love so much (CARRIE) ...... the closer you are to God, the closer you are together and if you can keep THE FOCUS it makes it so much easier." ...... GOD WILL BE WITH THEM FOREVER TO GUIDE AND BLESS THEM, *BOTH*, ALONG THE LIFE'S WAY!!!

"TEMPORARY HOME, EARTH" - As you can see from Carrie's MUSIC VIDEO OF THIS SONG, (FOCUS ON CARRIE'S JOURNEY ON A TAXI CAB), we begin our journey of FAITH with GOD in this "TEMPORARY HOME, EARTH". Our journey through this life, TEMPORARY HOME, ends in DEATH - WHEN WE ENTER A "NEW LIFE", *ETERNAL LIFE WITH GOD". Just as Carrie and Mike was present when I BECAME "BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN", it is only FITTING that "Carrie and Mike" as "GREAT ROLE MODEL" accompany us at the TIME OF TRIALS IN OUR "TEMPORARY HOME". Recognizing that the GOAL of our lives is ETERNAL LIFE WITH GOD - pre-planning for the final stage of our JOURNEY IN FAITH IN THIS "TEMPORARY HOME" is an important way to prepare ourselves for *ETERNAL LIFE WITH GOD". THANK YOU SO MUCH, "Mike and Carrie" ...... The BEST DECISION I MADE - *HANDS DOWN*!!!

Concert Stars
    ohh nice rank!

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lab View Post
    AWESOME that Carrie made the list!!! It will be GREAT for the PRESENT GENERATION and FUTURE GENERATION of "Carrie Fans, Mike Fans and Hockey Fans". There was a very beautiful post that "Pi314CA" did, about marriage from the PERSPECTIVE of the BIBLE. That is what Carrie and Mike is doing as husband and wife - SUPPORT EACH OTHER and keep GOD at the center of their relationship. THE FAMILY THAT PRAYS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER!!! As Mike said in his interview with "Patrick Knight" at "K102", "it's been fun when you find someone that you love so much (CARRIE) ...... the closer you are to God, the closer you are together and if you can keep THE FOCUS it makes it so much easier." ...... GOD WILL BE WITH THEM FOREVER TO GUIDE AND BLESS THEM, *BOTH*, ALONG THE LIFE'S WAY!!!

"TEMPORARY HOME, EARTH" - As you can see from Carrie's MUSIC VIDEO OF THIS SONG, (FOCUS ON CARRIE'S JOURNEY ON A TAXI CAB), we begin our journey of FAITH with GOD in this "TEMPORARY HOME, EARTH". Our journey through this life, TEMPORARY HOME, ends in DEATH - WHEN WE ENTER A "NEW LIFE", *ETERNAL LIFE WITH GOD". Just as Carrie and Mike was present when I BECAME "BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN", it is only FITTING that "Carrie and Mike" as "GREAT ROLE MODEL" accompany us at the TIME OF TRIALS IN OUR "TEMPORARY HOME". Recognizing that the GOAL of our lives is ETERNAL LIFE WITH GOD - pre-planning for the final stage of our JOURNEY IN FAITH IN THIS "TEMPORARY HOME" is an important way to prepare ourselves for *ETERNAL LIFE WITH GOD". THANK YOU SO MUCH, "Mike and Carrie" ...... The BEST DECISION I MADE - *HANDS DOWN*!!!

Mike Fisher's book, "Defender Of Faith", Pages 53 to 55:

2003 - 2004 NHL Season

"A natural result of hanging out with Christ everyday is steady spiritual growth and wisdom - not just knowing biblical facts and stories but applying what you know. Knowledge is only the beginning. The heart plus prayer leads to real wisdom."

"Although he lived in a hot bed of pressure and temptation that claims athletes and professionals everyday, Mike showed unusual maturity and he demonstrated uncommon wisdom - like avoiding places that lead only to pain, LETTING THE FRUSTRATIONS OF LIVING WITH IMPOSSIBLE EXPECTATIONS - *BE HANDLED BY GOD*, INSTEAD OF PUBLIC and leading with actions instead of merely talking a good talk."

".......... For a while, the bursa sac on Fisher's right elbow had been inflamed, swollen like a large golf ball. Time had not helped. In fact, the bursitis only got worse. Finally, surgery helped the swelling but weakened his arm. ......... So a couple of months later, IN PRACTICE, when his arm was hit with a stick, A TENDON NEAR HIS BICEP TORE. THE INJURY REQUIRED MORE SURGERY, A COUPLE OF SCREWS, AND A LOT OF RECOVERY TIME. It was supposed to take four to six weeks to heal, but, it was taking longer. ......... "DURING THE UNUSUAL AMOUNT OF TIME AT HOME, MIKE WAS HANGING OUT WITH GOD ........... "I actually doubted ever coming back at one point. Because I was supposed to be getting better and I was not, and then I got hurt again."

LOOK WHERE IS "MIKE FISHER" NOW - married to an EXTRAORDINARY GORGEOUS "Carrie Underwood", a RICH YOUNG LADY with a GREAT HEART, ONE OF *THE BEST OF THE BEST* in the music industry, widely admired by her peers and MANY OF THEM ARE LEGENDS ALREADY!!! "Mike Fisher" is STILL GOING STRONG, STILL IMPROVING - still STIMULATING "CHANGE AND PROGRESS", despite of his age and on his way of being ONE of "THE BEST OF THE BEST" in the NHL and almost got a STANLEY CUP last year, LAST SEASON!!!

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    When I first read the headline I thought it was really weird (I thought they were pulling out the ridiculous she engineered the trade argument). When I read the actual article it made a little more sense. They were using Carrie as a symbol for all of the wives and the influence they have on their husbands. Of course the magazine was also milking the celebrity connection a little bit. From what I can tell Mike is a good player who is well liked and highly respected but he doesn't have the elite status that would likely land him on a list like this.

Concert Stars
    Well Mike would make it in my hockey list if I had one cause I think he is great

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    The more I read this headline the more I am amused. Carrie doesn't even know all the rules yet.

just another fan

of course she is in. she engineered his trade to nashville. that's a powerful move!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    of course she is in. she engineered his trade to nashville. that's a powerful move!
    Oh I forgot............................................ .............NOT.

•