Carrie has a 16/1 chance of winning 2012 Grammy (GoldDerby.com)

According to GoldDerby.com, Carrie has a 16/1 chance of winning Country Solo Performance at this years Grammys.

The tables with all the details in (including percentages - apparantly Carrie only has a 6% chance of winning!?) can be seen at the link below.

Let's hope Carrie can prove them wrong!

[SOURCE] http://www.goldderby.com/events/342/...rformance.html#

Concert Stars
    Figures everyone would vote for SWSRN. That is a joke when it comes to a category dealing in part with vocal performance.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This is just some random site that anyone can make a prediction on lol. I wouldn't put much stock in it at all.

Concert Stars
    very random...hope she can prove them wrong though!!

Well, with Taylor having won the vocal performance at the Grammy before, and another at CMA, nothing will surprise me anymore lol.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    You would really have to be a degenerate gambler to bet on the Grammys.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    You would really have to be a degenerate gambler to bet on the Grammys.
    much worse than sports!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    This poll seems kinda bogus to me. Mean a cross-over success? I haven't heard it anywhere near me. I believe Jason Aldean has a better shot at winning but I still wouldn't bet on it.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Grammy is always tricky. I know Last Name was a surprise to me when Carrie won the grammy for it. I would think it is Jason's to lose but who really knows.

Concert Stars
    Actually Carrie has the biggest chance of winning because she has been nominated more times for the last six years and has won as for the other nominees they haven't so I think Carrie has the greatest odds of winning with the Grammy voters regardless of what people think the outcome will be on a random website- the predicters were wrong about Taylor winning the American Country Awards -they predicted her to win big and she won nothing so my bet is on Carrie to win the Grammy- I don't think voters see Taylor as a real musical talent but more of a PR person and product endorser, afterall her tour won a Pollstar Award for best PR while Kenny Chesney won Touring artist of the Year and Jason may be too new to impress the whole scope of Grammy voters. Carrie's song is country from a mostly country album, not just a token country song from a POP album like Taylors

Wouldn't 16 over 1 means 1600% chance of winning? Simply try typing that into a calculator and times 100%.

Obsessed Carrie Fan showheryoucare's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm not sold on Jason Aldean breaking through with the voters yet. He did pick Album Of The Year at CMAs, but he got passed over on the bigger awards. (I realize they're not the same voters, but Grammy tends to stick with its favorites...and Jason hasn't been a Grammy favorite yet). Until Jason finally breaks through with Grammy, I think it's between Taylor and Carrie. If I was running the odds, I would make Taylor the favorite...but I would have Carrie as the 2nd choice, not the 4th choice.

Concert Stars
    I am honestly just grateful Carrie got a nomination at all as it was a shock to me. She needs the buzz for her new album and single and so she can attend and present or something, maybe even perform.

So I am OK if she loses this time but I pray it is not to Taylor again, especially to that dreadful song.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    Wouldn't 16 over 1 means 1600% chance of winning? Simply try typing that into a calculator and times 100%.
    No the 16/1 isn't actual statistical odds it is odds set by a bookmaker such as the odds a horse would have in a horse race.

•