Ultimate Carrie Fan

Carrie Underwood Shares Her Holiday Memories

Dec 20, 2011

Christmas is just around the corner and the holiday spirit is filling the air. Country stars are sharing their favorite memories, songs & traditions.

Carrie Underwood says that she loves the traditional Christmas songs, “When I think of Christmas, you know, I’m a very traditional person. I love traditional hymns. I love traditional Christmas songs. It’s just…it’s what makes me think of Christmas.” Holiday classic “O Holy Night” is Underwood’s favorite Christmas Carol. “‘O Holy Night’ — it’s my favorite Christmas song. I mean, it just talks about the grandness of that night, and it’s just, it’s very powerful. And it’s powerful singing it, and to me, it’s always been very powerful listening to it.”

Growing up, Carrie & her family would go caroling at a local nursing home. “We would walk up and down the halls and sing Christmas carols. I mean, we sang, ’Hark! The Herald Angels Sing,’ we sang ‘Silent Night,’ we sang, just all those songs that everybody knows, and it was just a really cool thing that we did.” Carrie says. “I really wish we still did it. We quit when my grandma got sick, but it was just one of those things that, you know, a lot of people that…it’s really easy to forget about people during that time of year, ’cause there’s so much going on, and it was a really cool thing that we did. We’d go to the nursing home and bring a little Christmas cheer with us.”

Link: Carrie Underwood Shares Her Holiday Memories | Country Music Rocks

Concert Stars
    Thanks for sharing.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I'm starting to think that some press deliberately take the time to quote Carrie word for word including all the verbal idiosyncrasies which at times make her statements incoherent. .. makes her sound like she can't put a clear thought together.....and I know that's not true....oh well I got what she was saying but I'm sure some will go "huh?"

Thanks for posting!! You can tell O Holy Night is Carrie's favorite...when she sings that song, I am just amazed every single time I hear it!!!

Concert Stars
    I love this version when Carrie is singing "O Holy Night."

Carrie Underwood - "O Holy Night" - YouTube

Oh, me too Suellen...thanks for posting...love the production with Carrie and the light...she looks like an angel and when she smiles as she's singing...just takes my breath away!!!

Concert Stars
    Awwwh, love it! Oh Holy Night is amazing, and I love Carrie's version!

I love this!!
    \

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I love O Holy Night, it's my favorite too! Especially her version. And that was very sweet

Concert Stars
    love this...so agree...I love O Holy Night!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I love "O Holy Night" and Carrie's version is the cream of the crop. Gorgeous.

Junior Carrie Follower Butterfly13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for posting! That's really sweet of Carrie and her family to sing carols for people in nursing homes. I bet the people there enjoyed Carrie's voice singing Christmas songs like we all do

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Good on you Carrie! Beautiful

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    I'm starting to think that some press deliberately take the time to quote Carrie word for word including all the verbal idiosyncrasies which at times make her statements incoherent. .. makes her sound like she can't put a clear thought together.....and I know that's not true....oh well I got what she was saying but I'm sure some will go "huh?"
    Carrie's statements in this article aren't incoherent at all. If anything, it is more conversational than a carefully worded statement. Give the public more credit lol; most people aren't idiots , and will certainly be able to understand her point.

Anyway, that is a very cute story about Carrie visiting the nursing home. It is always nice to do little things to make others lives a bit more merry during this season. I also love that Carrie favors the more traditional Christmas songs. I do, too!

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    Carrie's statements in this article aren't incoherent at all. If anything, it is more conversational than a carefully worded statement. Give the public more credit lol; most people aren't idiots , and will certainly be able to understand her point.

Anyway, that is a very cute story about Carrie visiting the nursing home. It is always nice to do little things to make others lives a bit more merry during this season. I also love that Carrie favors the more traditional Christmas songs. I do, too!
    You are right in that this was probably an informal conversation, which I'm sure included alot of non-verbal communication, which of course is missing from the quote and for me creates the awkwardness in the second quote in this post. I don't mind taking responsibility for things I say but I at no time implied that people are idiots, that is your implication not mine.
    I too, got what Carrie was saying, but unlike you I still went 'huh' after my initial reading.

Peace and good will to all.

Concert Stars
    Thanks for posting! Love that O Holy Night is her favorite; really tells the meaning of Christmas.

•