Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Country Music Is Love Most Popular Stories of 2011 (Carrie's HGTA performance at #1)

As 2011 winds down, we’re taking a look back at our most popular stories of the year. Through the wonderful technology of the internet, we’re able to measure which stories on CMIL have been the most popular (by number of page views) with our readers. Take a look back with us as we share our most popular stories of 2011…

1. Carrie Underwood & Vince Gill Perform ‘How Great Thou Art’ – We’re still moved to tears every time we watch this video! At the Academy of Country Music’s Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country TV special taping, Carrie Underwood and Vince Gill teamed up to perform the classic hymn “How Great Thou Art.” The breathtaking bit touched fans and artists alike, and the video from the special kept bringing fans to CMIL all year long!

Country Music Is Love- Your #1 Source for Country Music News

Concert Stars
    It's wonderful to see this performance get some media attention - it certainly deserves it! It has over 10 million views

Concert Stars
    WOWSERS! SOOOO AMAZING! Just as amazing as the first 20 times I watched it!!!

Concert Stars
    Still breathtaking.
    So glad it is getting attention all these months later.
    I commented.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I have never watched that where Ihaven't shed some tears - absolutely phenomenal when I think of how many times I've watched it!!!
    Awesome talented Carrie!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Amazing.

Everytime I watch, I become more hopeful and I am always moved to tears...I'm so glad the performance is getting some more recognition and I hope many more million people have the opportunity to watch this AMAZING performance!!!

Concert Stars
    No doubt, a beautiful singer, a beautiful song, and a beautiful message. It's a winner all the way around.

Concert Stars
    Carrie was amazing singing HGTA -- I watch it often.

Junior Carrie Follower
    All I can say is I am in total awe!!!! I saw her sing it at the Grand Ole Opry but this is the first time I've seen this performance!!! My Mom is a huge Elvis fan and she always told me nobody can compare to Elvis on this song. Mom your wrong!!!!! My Mom just texted me back and said she's crying and smiling at the same time after watching this amazing performance!!!
    Wow what other treasures are awaiting for me to be found that I don't know about!!! This girl is just incredible!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johngalt View Post
    All I can say is I am in total awe!!!! I saw her sing it at the Grand Ole Opry but this is the first time I've seen this performance!!! My Mom is a huge Elvis fan and she always told me nobody can compare to Elvis on this song. Mom your wrong!!!!! My Mom just texted me back and said she's crying and smiling at the same time after watching this amazing performance!!!
    Wow what other treasures are awaiting for me to be found that I don't know about!!! This girl is just incredible!!!
    Am so glad you and your Mom got to hear this AMAZING performance!! Now you know why alot of us talk about watching it over and over and over again...I know I do and it just gets me each and every time. Carrie touches so many people in so many different ways and we all ADORE her!!!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johngalt View Post
    You might look through the archives at www.vinmansmedia.com for more carrie stuff.

Concert Stars
    That is so awesome!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    If that performance does not make yours eyes a little wet something is wrong.

I have been here since 2006 and have almost 300 posts and I am still a Junior Carrie Follower ( also have seen her 5 times in concert)

Concert Stars
    so agree! amazing performance that will last a lifetime!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by referee View Post
    If that performance does not make yours eyes a little wet something is wrong.

I have been here since 2006 and have almost 300 posts and I am still a Junior Carrie Follower ( also have seen her 5 times in concert)
    lol I dont get teary eyed at all when I watch the performance, but its still nonetheless an AMAZING performance.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie Country's Avatar
    This version of How Great Thou Art......is the greatest I ever heard......and I've heard many people sing this song.....in church for my whole life.....or elsewhere.....our sweet Carrie still does it best....moves this former basher to tears everytime......10,310,728 views 34,899 likes.....GO CARRIE GO VINCE you both brought the power of the lord to the audience that night....WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!(!)

•