Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

McCreery Listens To Underwood’s Wisdom

It also helps to talk with someone has already been through what he’s currently experiencing. That’ where Carrie comes in. McCreery says they have talked a few times and has gotten a lot out of it: “When I have talked to her she’s always had great things to say and great advice. She’s been through the exact same thing as I have, going through Idol and moving on to country music. She kinda paved the way for me and some other country acts on the show, so it’s cool to hear her advice.

“She told me to stay the same and kinda the same thing that a lot of people say. But coming from somebody that’s been through it, it kinda means a lot more. Because they’re telling me it’s easy to change getting caught up in the business and getting caught up in the big Hollywood aspects and Nashville aspects. You know ‘I’m on TV’ and “Oh, that’s me!’. But she says if you stay the same and stay humble, then you never know what you can do.”

“Idol” Advice: McCreery Listens To Underwood’s Wisdom | Keepin' it Country Media & Radio

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    So glad he has been talking to her for advise. She has been through it all and come out successful so the best one he could be listening to. Sure do wish him the best!!!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Looks like anyone who comes in contact with Miss Carrie Underwood turns from hay to gold.

David Cook called Carrie and he's been one of the most successful idols since. He even gets sushi dates with Carrie. nom nom nom.
    Scotty and Lauren calls Carrie and look at where they are now at this stage since Idol.

rule of thumb: Call Carrie and get your wisdom, call not and you've already said bye bye to success.

Concert Stars
    Scotty is really sweet. I hope he continues to do well.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    Looks like anyone who comes in contact with Miss Carrie Underwood turns from hay to gold.

David Cook called Carrie and he's been one of the most successful idols since. He even gets sushi dates with Carrie. nom nom nom.
    Scotty and Lauren calls Carrie and look at where they are now at this stage since Idol.

rule of thumb: Call Carrie and get your wisdom, call not and you've already said bye bye to success.

Actually I believe David Cook is not having such an easy time of it...so far his second album not doing very well at all....that doesn't mean Carrie's advice (if he asked for it,) wasn't good it just means that success demands alot of other things...here's wishing Scotty and David a lot of luck.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    Actually I believe David Cook is not having such an easy time of it...so far his second album not doing very well at all....that doesn't mean Carrie's advice (if he asked for it,) wasn't good it just means that success demands alot of other things...here's wishing Scotty and David a lot of luck.

It is usually said that David Cook had the best opening sales yet up from his season until Scotty has taken over that now.
    Anyways, I was just kidding around mostly about how their success derives from Carrie association.

Concert Stars
    awesome advice from our girl...hope he continues to do well!

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Scotty seems like such a nice guy. He really seems to be staying grounded. I hope he continues to take advice from people like Carrie who have been in the business for a while.

Concert Stars
    Well I have to admit that a was a big Haley fan and never thought Scotty was anything more then a Josh Turner wanna be... But following his career now he has won me over by just simply being a good kid that has great Country music vocal talent.... I wish him nothing but the best and taking advise from our girl is something that really shows you how smart this kid is(!)

Huge Carrie Follower quincyeyes's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think anyone starting off in the music business would be fortunate to get advice from Carrie whether they came from Idol or not. She is very generous every year in offering to be available to the finalists on Idol for advice or help and it sounds like she is very generous with Scotty and Lauren in supporting them and I would expect nothing less from such a lovely person.

Carrie is such a wonderful and humble young woman and is so caring to these young people coming out of Idol...I'm glad Scotty and Lauren are reaching out to her because she does know exactly how they feel and Scotty and Lauren are so young, it must be extremely difficult for them to get used to being away from home. I remember Carrie saying at the beginning that she would get so lonely and didn't know who really wanted to be her friend and that her friend's didn't understand that she couldn't just take a phone call anytime because she was working so much. She can give great advice to both Scotty and Lauren -- hope they continue to listen to her.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    She is a good role model to them.

Concert Stars
    I think that Carrie has been mentoring Scotty and Lauren Alaina. I think that is so cool. She is the best!!

Concert Stars
    I like Scotty and Alania. I think they will do fine with a role model like Carrie watching over them.

They had a neat pic together at the ACA's. Who could not admire Carrie and her sage advice!

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That is so cool that Carrie is still helping other AI winners

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Scotty seems really nice, and I think it's great that Carrie is acting as sort of a mentor for newbies

•