Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Check this out! Carrie gets great praise from former critic

So there is an article over on Country Universe basically about how the popularity of a song largely depends on who is singing it. Anyways lol in the comment section, I loved reading this guy's (his name there is Ty) comments about Carrie!! Apparently he wasn't so nice to her early on but has really changed his opinion. Hope this hasn't already been posted...

"I have been in and around the industry for many years and I agree that Underwood has done well in the awards catagory but I also find that< after many articles written, etc.., that some hold Underwood to a higher standard than they do the other two artists mentioned. That is not fair to Underwood. I regret that in the past I have not been fair to Underwood in rviews but a dear friend pointed it out to me and urged me to listen to her vocals and music with an open mind. I did just that and I discovered an amazing young artist that had amazing vocals and song writing ability. I challenge others to do that and maybe they would change their minds. This girl could have chosen a couple of other genres to go into (and I think she would have done well) but she chose country music and she has been absolutely faithful to it and promoting it ll the time. Every time I mention country music to people immediately they say Carrie Underwood. What better ambassador than her could country get? It is about time she was more respected by the industry because to the world–she is the face of country music. Thanks for listening to this old retired critic rattle on……………………….."

"Thanks for your post Ben. I am getting on in years now and trying to make right a wrong I made from the beginning about Underwood. It is never too late to make things right and I definately did not take the time to listen or research her from the beginning. You say that Miranda consistently has good material when in fact the song that actually brought her into the spotlight was “The House That Built Me” which she did not write and now she is back to the mediocre songs before that song. Compare that song to Underwood’s Temporary Home (which some critics said was about homeless people—obviously they did not listen to the lyrics or they would have known that the song tells us that this earth is just our temporary home), So Small, Just a Dream. Those are outstanding songs that Underwood wrote but received little recognition for them. Yes she got them to number 1 and got awards but the critics were not kind nor fair to her at all. Swift’s songs all sound the same and some of the most childish jabber I have ever heard in some of her songs but she is praised as being brilliant. Since I have researched Underwood, one thing really stands out to me—the girl drips with sincerity and is one of the most grounded, humble artists around. There is no pretense about this girl–she is the real deal. She shows grace, class and dignity in all her appearances and hosting the awards shows. I am so sorry I did not see this sooner. That is enough for this old timer. Have a great day and keep on being fair and open minded."

Country Universe – A Country Music Blog » Deep Down in 2011

Concert Stars
    Wow - hope he gets others to take the time to listen and enjoy Carrie's talent , always great to see a convert

Concert Stars
    I can hardly believe it!! How great!!

Concert Stars
    It is great to read about a convert but very disconcerting that he basically admits what alot of us have feared for a long time. that Critics don't often really listen to the music they are supposed to be cretiquing. That is incredibly unfair and abit immoral as these people are supposed to be believed at their word.
    and I have often wondered if they really even listened to songs like TH or Change or if they just heard a few lines and wrote exactly what they believed in their own heads instead of what they actually heard.
    Oh well. It is nice to hear someone actually listeneing.
    that is all we fans ever really asked for in the first place.

It's so nice to read such wonderful things about Our Girl that we all already knew but others are finding out. Carrie is such an outstanding person, wife, daughter and has such an awesome faith - how can she go wrong. Then, add to that - her amazing voice and God certainly gave us all a gift in being able to listen to her sing. It's comments like the ones above that bring everyone's angst in getting new Carrie music back into perspective and to be thankful we will have it soon.

Concert Stars
    Thanks CMF for posting. Wish all critics would take the time and listen to Carrie's vocals and music with an open mind.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countrymusicfan15 View Post

Compare that song to Underwood’s Temporary Home (which some critics said was about homeless people—obviously they did not listen to the lyrics or they would have known that the song tells us that this earth is just our temporary home), So Small, Just a Dream. Those are outstanding songs that Underwood wrote but received little recognition for them.
    i enjoyed the comments but isn't it correct that Carrie did NOT write Just a Dream!

Concert Stars
    Great found. Glad to see a critic see what we see.

Isn't there a Ty here on CFs too? I'm sure I've seen that name

Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Isn't there a Ty here on CFs too? I'm sure I've seen that name
    There is -- I was wondering if this was the same person?

Concert Stars
    That is very very nice to see. I wish the voters would open their minds to carrie someday for EOTY.

LOL that is not Ty from here. Or at least I don't think it is and kind of hope it isn't because his comments are embarrassing. Sorry if you're reading this fake Ty.

Ty
    that is not me!!!

Concert Stars
    BTW: There's a "Gator" on Country Universe and -- IT'S NOT ME!!

Ty
    Yeah. There's a "Ty" posting over at EW & Roughstock, too. It's creepy as ****. What I find most offensive about all of it is that they make such dumb posts. Like at least portray me in a more intelligent manner.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carrieguy2 View Post
    i enjoyed the comments but isn't it correct that Carrie did NOT write Just a Dream!
    You are correct, Carrie did not write that incredible song "Just A Dream". But OMG her singing, and I know you agree, was beyond fantastic.
    I think hillary Lindsay and someone else coauthored the song. They are surely wonderful song writers. Carrie is probably learning from the best because her
    song writing is significant and surely worth listening to. Carrie's voice and writing ability ~ great combination.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    Yeah. There's a "Ty" posting over at EW & Roughstock, too. It's creepy as ****. What I find most offensive about all of it is that they make such dumb posts. Like at least portray me in a more intelligent manner.
    I suppose the "Ty" there is different than the one that posted in this one.
    The comment this "Ty" made wasn't embarrassing, not what I read at least.

Concert Stars
    That's awesome! I am glad a former critic is now recognizing Carrie Underwood contributions to country music. Thanks for posting

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    As Carrie said - awesome awesome awesome - its never too late to admit when you are wrong - hopefully carrie reads this!!
    Thanks for posting!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Nice article for a critic to write. (But too late.) I only wish that the critics would have listened to Carrie at the beginning of her career. They just categorized her as a manufactured Idol product.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast