Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

For awards hosts, age just a number (Great CMA Hosting Mention)

For awards hosts, age just a number

No, itís about how entertaining the CMA telecast was.

Co-hosts Brad Paisley (age 39) and Carrie Underwood (age 28) were loose and funny. They were funny apart and they were funny together. They could go off-script without stiffening up and they could make the script sound like it was off-the-cuff.

Compare and contrast, if you would, the showing of Paisley and Underwood with that of James Franco (age 33) and Anne Hathaway (age 29) during Februaryís Academy Awards telecast.
    Full Article: JournalGazette.net - Rants and Raves | The Journal Gazette | Fort Wayne, IN

I love Anne Hathaway so much, and James Franco seems really nice too, but let's face it : they were a disaster! We at CarrieFans do tend to overdo our praise for our girl at times when it comes to certain songs or award nominations, but I actually think we're absolutely right when we say the Brad-Carrie duo is one of the finest hosting pairs I've ever seen in my lifetime.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    I like the last line:

Youth may or may not attract youth, but good attracts everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    I like the last line:

Youth may or may not attract youth, but good attracts everybody.
    That is so true too!! Brad and Carrie are getting quite the recognition they so deserve regarding their hosting abilities. They should be able to host for the next 10 years if they want to.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    I love Anne Hathaway so much, and James Franco seems really nice too, but let's face it : they were a disaster! We at CarrieFans do tend to overdo our praise for our girl at times when it comes to certain songs or award nominations, but I actually think we're absolutely right when we say the Brad-Carrie duo is one of the finest hosting pairs I've ever seen in my lifetime.
    Trust me. After this year, the CMA and ABC know they hit the mother lode when they got Carrie and Brad to host the CMA Awards. They are both very natural up there, they have great chemistry, they appeal to all demographic, young and old, and they can be extremely funny without being mean. And as you say, some recent hosting choices have shown just how hard it is to find the right host(s). So if you are lucky enough to find the right hosts, you are going to do everything you can to hold on to them as long as you can. And that is the position that the CMA and ABC are in right now.

Concert Stars
    Amen to that!!!

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Trust me. After this year, the CMA and ABC know they hit the mother lode when they got Carrie and Brad to host the CMA Awards. They are both very natural up there, they have great chemistry, they appeal to all demographic, young and old, and they can be extremely funny without being mean. And as you say, some recent hosting choices have shown just how hard it is to find the right host(s). So if you are lucky enough to find the right hosts, you are going to do everything you can to hold on to them as long as you can. And that is the position that the CMA and ABC are in right now.
    Kaching $$$

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Totally agree, and I hope this puts it to rest in the minds of all of those CFers who keep talking about Blake and Miranda replacing Brad and Carrie.

Concert Stars
    good does catch everyone

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Totally agree, and I hope this puts it to rest in the minds of all of those CFers who keep talking about Blake and Miranda replacing Brad and Carrie.

Carrie is special -- she can be funny, elegant, and graceful. She can also act like a dumb blonde ,and yet full of confidence because she knows that she is smart !

•