Ultimate Carrie Fan

HOT DISH: Reflecting on the CMA Awards Humor

I keep thinking about the recent CMA Awards, and I have to say I've never laughed as hard and as loud and as much as I did that night.

Poking fun at the Academy Awards, CMA hosts Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood joked that they were available to host the Oscars. But that's not going to happen. Before they could get the message out, Billy Crystal raised his hand and agreed to take charge once again after Eddie Murphy announced he wasn't going to host the Academy Awards after all...

CMT : News : HOT DISH: Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw Tour Won't Be Visiting Buffalo, N.Y.

Concert Stars
    Carrie and Brad were really funny! hope they are hosting again next year!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Good article...thanks for posting. I agree with Hazel. ABC should sign Carrie and Brad up for the 10 year contract. Love seeing them together: they do such a great job, and sure do make "country" proud.

Every time I think about how wonderful Carrie and Brad are together hosting the CMA's and performing together, I can't help but remember videos of a very shy and insecure Miss Underwood coming out to join Brad at his concert on Whiskey Lullaby, probably one of the first few times they performed it.....she looked so scared like she was about to puke, lol. Does anyone have one of those videos just for old times sake?

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar

Thanks for posting!! And just listen to the screams when Carrie comes out. And someone said, "Here she comes". Carrie is amazing from the very beginning. I just love her and Brad singing together!!

Thank you! So sweet of you to dig that up for me!! Hope it wasn't too much trouble. Thanks again!

Concert Stars
    I bet it killed Hazel to have to write something positive that wasn't Taylor Swift centric.

Concert Stars
    I agree! She hardly ever says anything positive about Carrie!!! I love that vid!!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    Thanks, Robin!!! Love that vid!

I can't wait to see Hologram Brad singing "Remind Me" with Carrie at her concerts next year!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    I agree! She hardly ever says anything positive about Carrie!!! I love that vid!!!
    Most of the CMT staff hardly writes any praises on Carrie. I remembered an article post CMA awards by Chet Flippo; good praises for TS but negative comments about Carrie's outfit from his wife's negative remarks (the long dress that shows a bit of cleavage). I did not finish his article and was not a fun of his articles anymore. It's so obvious at CMT who they worship, sickening.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    I don't like Hazel Smith either because of how she treats a certain twosome. I agree with her on this one though- Brad & Carrie are perfect hosts and both have a great sense of humor

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    Most of the CMT staff hardly writes any praises on Carrie. I remembered an article post CMA awards by Chet Flippo; good praises for TS but negative comments about Carrie's outfit from his wife's negative remarks (the long dress that shows a bit of cleavage). I did not finish his article and was not a fun of his articles anymore. It's so obvious at CMT who they worship, sickening.
    LOL talk about wife's jealousy. It's kind of funny that someone like carrie is actually seen as a little too risky sometimes compared to TS (carrie is like the least risky person EVER haha). talk about being portrayed as the holy virgin (who dates john mayor)
    Becca

Concert Stars
    Oh yeah, don't even mention Chet Flippo!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    LOL talk about wife's jealousy. It's kind of funny that someone like carrie is actually seen as a little too risky sometimes compared to TS (carrie is like the least risky person EVER haha). talk about being portrayed as the holy virgin (who dates john mayor)
    Becca
    yeah, in that article there was no mention of how great Carrie was hosting the CMA and the only comment was her dress whom the wife noticed and shocked to see. But he had lots pf praises on other performers/artists; how good TS was singing "Ours". His opinions not worth a cent. they are just jealous of Carrie's talent as it is getting better and better all the time. I guess we should get used to it by now.

Concert Stars
    I actually got banned from the CMT website for calling out Chet Flippo & Hazel for being on the Taylor Swift sycophant payroll. Their over the top favoritism was just getting sickening & I pointed it out to them. Evidently CMT didn't appreciate it.

Concert Stars
    But, they heard it!!!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    I actually got banned from the CMT website for calling out Chet Flippo & Hazel for being on the Taylor Swift sycophant payroll. Their over the top favoritism was just getting sickening & I pointed it out to them. Evidently CMT didn't appreciate it.
    Way to go! So proud of you. It is just so ironic that they can give the most degrading and vile comments a pass even to the point of ignoring them but with the truth they have a problem . lol...

•