Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

EOTY What Will Happen in 2012?

Why Taylor Swift Won Entertainer of the Year at CMA Awards 2011

What Will Happen in 2012?
    Next year, both Shelton and Aldean will be in a better position to win the Entertainer of the Year award, as both are surging while Swift’s tour is ending and her new album likely won’t be out before the June 30 deadline; she seems to stick to fall releases. Miranda Lambert may also be in the category, and maybe even Carrie Underwood — although Underwood doesn’t get the credit she deserves as a live performer (but that’s another essay). As fans learned this year, however, predicting the whimsy of CMA Awards voters is a perilous habit to keep. And as for this year, congratulations to Taylor Swift.

Looks like next year is the big year for Carrie! maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Why Taylor Swift Won Entertainer of the Year at CMA Awards 2011

What Will Happen in 2012?
    Next year, both Shelton and Aldean will be in a better position to win the Entertainer of the Year award, as both are surging while Swift’s tour is ending and her new album likely won’t be out before the June 30 deadline; she seems to stick to fall releases. Miranda Lambert may also be in the category, and maybe even Carrie Underwood — although Underwood doesn’t get the credit she deserves as a live performer (but that’s another essay). As fans learned this year, however, predicting the whimsy of CMA Awards voters is a perilous habit to keep. And as for this year, congratulations to Taylor Swift.

Looks like next year is the big year for Carrie! maybe!
    I wish we could get the other "essay" on why Carrie doesn't get the credit she deserves as a live performer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    I wish we could get the other "essay" on why Carrie doesn't get the credit she deserves as a live performer.
    Agree!!! but maybe we never know ! sometimes I think that the CMA hate Carrie !! lol

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Well the comments were entertaining.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    Her people need to put her in a better position to win EOTY, she can go put 10,000+ in the arena every night but someone who puts in 20,000 in the arena every night is going to get the edge when it comes to getting votes.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Carrie better start singing pop songs to appeal to teen girls. I guess :/

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Her people need to put her in a better position to win EOTY, she can go put 10,000+ in the arena every night but someone who puts in 20,000 in the arena every night is going to get the edge when it comes to getting votes.
    just ask miranda lambert, blake shelton, and lady a. clearly it doesnt matter. god the cma piss me the **** off.
    Becca

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    just ask miranda lambert, blake shelton, and lady a. clearly it doesnt matter. god the cma piss me the **** off.
    Becca
    Did any of them win?

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    LMAO. Carrie nominated for EOTY? I'll wait to see those pigs flying across the Los Angeles skies before I really start betting on that one again.

Sorry, but after the 2010 controversy, I won't have any hopes up. If (and hopefully when) she gets the nod for EOTY, I'll be ecstatic. Until then, though, I'm not expecting much from the CMAs.

Concert Stars
    Did any of them win?
    who cares if they didnt win. they got an f-ing nomination before Carrie Underwood, who clearly owned them all in that category in 2010, even tho blake was in 2011. its stupid. and yes, there is a bias from the label.
    Becca

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    who cares if they didnt win. they got an f-ing nomination before Carrie Underwood, who clearly owned them all in that category in 2010, even tho blake was in 2011. its stupid. and yes, there is a bias from the label.
    Becca
    Labels have and always will push someone that is just the way it is and everyone benefits from it at one time or another, but nobody who puts 10,000 people in the arena a night is going to win EOTY over someone who puts double that in a arena every night.

If you are going to blame the label then you also need to throw some blame at Simon Fuller and everyone else at XIX who has anything to do with any part of what Carrie does.

Concert Stars
    Labels have and always will push someone that is just the way it is and everyone benefits from it at one time or another, but nobody who puts 10,000 people in the arena a night is going to win EOTY over someone who puts double that in a arena every night.

If you are going to blame the label then you also need to throw some blame at Simon Fuller and everyone else at XIX who has anything to do with any part of what Carrie does.
    fine then i blame them too. Your right, someone whos playing double the audience, should get the win. just like someone who's playing double the audience, should get the nomination.
    Becca

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    While that may be true, SWSRN should be disqualified because this is the CMA Awards.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    While that may be true, SWSRN should be disqualified because this is the CMA Awards.
    Amen

that is all I have to say on that manner

Concert Stars
    After what we have seen with Carrie being in one way or another eligable for a nomination for the last 4 years, it is really impossible to say when she might or why she wouldn't be nominated.
    This next year seems like the obvious time. But since voters have blown out of the water the idea that you need to tour a certain amount(or put certain about of butts in the seats) and that you need to have paid your dues and that you need to be able to represent the genre adiquately......
    there is simply no way of knowing.
    Last year was the most obvious opportunity there has ever been. and the fact that she was flat out put out of the running mean that absolutely anything can happen.
    HEr doing such a great job for the genre this week tells me that everyone of those people know and understand what an amazing asset Carrie is to country music and to ignore her again would be down right hurtful.
    But we won't know until it happens.
    But everything she has ever done should have counted so there is basically nothing else she "can" do. She just has to fall under their good graces.
    And that may never happen.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    True, but being on a contury label trumps whatever comes off of the album and if the CMA wants to get really technical about what is or what isn't "country" and they should only vote for what is "country" then in the minds of some voters people like Alan Jackson, George Strait, etc.. would be the only ones that should get voted for.

Concert Stars
    I believe in my heart she will not be ignored forever.
    But even if she gets nominated this next year it is going to be a very competitive year.
    Surely Miranda and Blakes label plans to push for larger venues to ensure them nominations. And there is a slim possibliliy that Faiths album will blow up and allow her a spot. Unlikely but it seems that Carrie getting nominated is about as likely.

Concert Stars
    I think the one thing I find most facinating is that pretty much unanemously people think Carrie is being under appreciated for this award. So how are "those" people voting.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie Country's Avatar
    Why did SWSRN win ETOY.......and how?.......Hmmmmmmmmmmm........ tuff one let me think.....................oh yes SHE BOUGHT IT!!!!!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie Country's Avatar

Yes and SWSRN is not
    C-ountry she's bubblegum P-op and this is a country awards show. The teen choice and kids choice awards is where she belongs!!!!

•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast