Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

ABC Dominates Wednesday with a Growing CMA Awards

With “The 45th Annual CMA Awards,” ABC Dominates Wednesday Evening,

Beating its Closest Competitors by 5.6 Million Viewers and by 30% in Adults 18-49

ABC Marks its Top-Rated Wednesday in 2 Years, its Best Performance Any Night This Season and the 2nd-Biggest Non-Sports Number for Any Net on Any Night of Fall ‘11

Up Year to Year with Young Adults, Key Men, Key Women and Teens, ABC’s “CMA Awards” Equals its 2nd-Best Adult 18-34 and Highest Men 18-34 Numbers in 7 Years

ABC’s 2011 “CMA Awards” Towers Over CBS’ 2011 “ACM Awards” Broadcast

“The 45th Annual CMA Awards” (8:00-11:00 p.m.)

With its broadcast of “The 45th Annual CMA Awards,” ABC dominated Wednesday night, beating out its nearest competition on the evening by 5.6 million viewers (16.3 million vs. 10.7 million - CBS) and by 30% in Adults 18-49 (4.8/12 vs. 3.7/10 – Fox’s 2-hour “The X Factor”). ABC ranked No. 1 in all 6 half-hours of the night in both Total Viewers and Adults 18-49. In fact it was a clean sweep on the evening, as the Net ran No. 1 on Wednesday across all key Adult, Men and Women demographics (18-34/18-49/25-54), as well standing as the top-rated broadcaster with Teens 12-17.

■ABC posted its top-rated Wednesday in 2 years among Adults 18-49 – since 11/11/09.

■ABC scored its best Adult 18-49 number on any night this season, while delivering the 2nd-highest non-sports driven performance for any network on any evening this season, behind only CBS’ “Two and a Half Men”-fueled delivery on premiere Monday – over 7 weeks ago, on 9/19/11.

■During the show’s final hour, ABC produced the biggest non-sports numbers for any network in the 10 o’clock hour on any night this season with Viewers and key Adults (AD18-49/AD25-54).

■Despite facing heightened competition this year from Fox’s 2-hour “The X Factor,” the “CMA Awards” was up year to year in Adults 18-49 (+2% - 4.8/12 vs. 4.7/13). In addition, ABC’s annual country music awards show built year to year across a number of other key younger demos: Adults 18-34 (+8%), Women 18-34 (+6%), Men 18-34 (+11%) and Teens (+19%). In fact, the “CMA Awards” equaled its 2nd-best Adult 18-34 number in 7 years and its highest Men 18-34 number 7 years – since 2004.

■ABC’s 2011 telecast of the “CMA Awards” eclipsed CBS’ 2011 telecast of the “ACM Awards” in April by 3.3 million viewers and by 45% in Adults 18-49 (CBS’ “ACM Awards” on 4/3/11 = 13.0 million viewers and 3.3/9 in AD18-49).

■An estimated 35.0 million viewers watched at least some portion of “The 45th Annual CMA Awards” on ABC during its 3-hour broadcast – unduplicated Viewers 2+ watching 6 minutes or more of the telecast.
    Source: ABC Dominates Wednesday with a Growing CMA Awards - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

WOW!! Thanks for posting!! The promos were so good and I think people were looking forward to seeing Brad & Carrie, their performance of RM and others too...lol!! From the tweets coming in (still), a lot of people are tweeting about Carrie's beauty and her legs and RM!

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Talk about the passing of a torch. Simon helped discover carrie and she owned his timeslot hahaha
    Becca

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Just as I expected. Must be a lot of non-country fans tuned in.

Carrie Guru
    Up Year to Year with Young Adults, Key Men, Key Women and Teens, ABC’s “CMA Awards” Equals its 2nd-Best Adult 18-34 and Highest Men 18-34 Numbers in 7 Years

With this kind of rating, I am certain that Brad and Carrie will be asked to host the CMA next year !

Concert Stars
    Amazing.
    Owned!
    I don't think this had alot to do with TS. As I think her fans are more the AMA/MTV type.
    I do think it says alot about peoples approval of Brad and Carrie as hosts.
    I think it's obvious that the energy that CMA is currently showing is infectious.
    Very happy.
    Sucks that TS won on a night like that.

Concert Stars
    Awesome! Simon Cowell must wonder what has hit him!!!!

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    With this kind of rating, I am certain that Brad and Carrie will be asked to host the CMA next year !
    With those numbers, I'm guessing they are either already locked in or will be in the very near future. There is no way ABC is going to risk losing Brad and Carrie at this point.

Carrie Guru
    Although Carrie did not win an award last night, I am very happy that the show got a very good ratings. In my opinion, the hosts of the show plays an essential role in the success of the show. Carrie has shown many talents, and one of them is hosting the biggest award show in Country Music.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    With those numbers, I'm guessing they are either already locked in or will be in the very near future. There is no way ABC is going to risk losing Brad and Carrie at this point.
    I agree with you, Cary.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    Although Carrie did not win an award last night, I am very happy that the show got a very good ratings. In my opinion, the hosts of the show plays an essential role in the success of the show. Carrie has shown many talents, and one of them is hosting the biggest award show in Country Music.
    Well she and Brad are the best ambassadors of country music! Just hope one day Carrie gets a least one EOTY win at the CMA's.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wow that's amazing indeed

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by nccountrygal View Post
    Well she and Brad are the best ambassadors of country music! Just hope one day Carrie gets a least one EOTY win at the CMA's.
    I am NOT concern about that -- I am sure when Carrie finishes "Touring like a mad woman" next year, she might have a good chance of winning this award !

Concert Stars
    Brad and Carrie might not have taken home any awards last night - but they garnered something much more - respect and ratings! They are a mult-talented duo and will be entertaining us for many years to come! Their future will be only get more intriguing as time goes on.

Concert Stars
    wow those numbers are awesome!

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Brad and Carrie might not have taken home any awards last night - but they garnered something much more - respect and ratings! They are a mult-talented duo and will be entertaining us for many years to come! Their future will be only get more intriguing as time goes on.

I agree with you.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I wonder what kind of changes we'll be seeing in the ACMs next year????

Concert Stars
    Cary--can you round off how many millions of people averaged watching for the night? I am so happy the ratings went up! But I am having trouble figuring out how many millions of people actually watched. lol

Thanx!

With those ratings and all the positive feedback Carrie and Brad are getting, I'm positive they'll continue hosting the CMA's for as long as they want to.

Concert Stars
    I read that 35 million people watched at some point during the night.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast