Ultimate Carrie Fan

Country music sees increase in sales

American Idol also seems to be ushering in other country music fans, playing a significant factor in broadening country’s appeal and raising its sales, according to Donio.

American Idol has brought so much to the genre, with Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood perhaps the most notable success stories; and this spring’s youthful Season 10 winner, Scotty McCreery, and runner-up Lauren Alaina will introduce a whole new generation of fans into the fold,” he said. “At the same time, you still have classic, superstar artists like Dolly Parton, George Strait and Reba McEntire who are continuing to make great music for their fans.”

Country music sees increase in sales | The Tennessean | tennessean.com

Concert Stars
    Carrie was the only reason why I got into country music.

Concert Stars
    ^^ that's neat to know!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Honestly, I probably would have been a country music fan if Carrie hadn't come along, but I am not for certain. I mean, there is NO OTHER ARTIST I would rather listen to. It's kind of scary because I really don't know what I would have done if Carrie hadn't made it. I listen to some Keith Urban and yeah, I like most of Brad's songs, but otherwise I would have been screwed musically! Lol. Imagine a world without Carrie. Shudder. Miranda, Taylor, Sara...I couldn't do it. Reba is ok in my book, but I wouldn't really be a fan because she was hot long before I was even born!

Adele is like my only other turn to when I'm not listening to Carrie! It's sad. And I can't even handle pop music right now. Imagine if all you had to listen to was Katy Perry or Britney Spears! No thanks. I am just so glad Carrie won AI. Country music was never the same.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    And Taylor takes the crown for bringing more people into the genre. While I'm a big fan of hers as in to be she's my favorite "pop" artist not country. Looks like she will get her 2nd eoty crown.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_kt View Post
    Me too. I was a fan a long time ago but left. Carrie brought me back.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie&Taylor View Post
    And Taylor takes the crown for bringing more people into the genre. While I'm a big fan of hers as in to be she's my favorite "pop" artist not country. Looks like she will get her 2nd eoty crown.
    Sorry but many will not agree with you. SWSRN did not bring fans to country. SWSRN is a pop artist with pop fans who don't even listen to country radio.

Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    Sorry but many will not agree with you. SWSRN did not bring fans to country. SWSRN is a pop artist with pop fans who don't even listen to country radio.
    Totally agree with you robinannhunt...

Concert Stars
    Before Carrie, I despised country music and wouldn't be caught dead listening to it unless it was the occasionally hit song by Shania or Faith. I mainly would listen to pop music and some rap. Carrie was the one to get me to appreciate country music more and to like it as a whole. Now I listen to both country and pop radio stations. For a while though, I was just listening to country radio only when Carrie was really popular and played alot on country radio. Since she has been on a break though, I've been listening to my favorite morning show more which is on a pop radio station cause of the stupid stuff they say or do on it and listening to less music. If I listen to music, I just channel surf stations until I find a song I like whether on country radio or pop radio, AC radio, etc.
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 11-06-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    With Lady A releasing a new album and Swift & Aldean's just to name two carry over into this year I would really hope that would increase sales.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie&Taylor View Post
    yea that makes a lot of sense, especially considering most of her fans admit they consider her pop...
    Becca

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_kt View Post
    I've been into Country Music since I was about four.

However, it took Carrie to teach me to appreciate the Mainstream, and call it "Contemporary Country". (Some of it, anyway!)

•