Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Boot's CMA predictions

2011 CMA Awards Predictions - The Boot

Carrie isn't picked, but on the plus side, Taylor wins nothing but Video according to them

EoTY and Album are being given to Brad which is nice.

I like their picks for the most part

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    While I agree with most of the predictions I don't see Brad taking album. I think this is going to Jason. Jason had the best year of anyone in country music and he should not go home empy handed plus he had multiple hits and his album was the best selling country album of the year. Just my opinion. Also, I think the ZBB should win vocal group. At some point the industry should give this award to them and LA was also kind of quiet this year. I have nothing against LA but its not like they don't have any competition in this category. I could see Taylor only getting video if she gets that so I pretty much agree with them on video. I think male vocalist is going to be between Blake and Jason. Blake probably has the edge here. I think Brad will only will EOTY and Miranda will definitely win FVOTY.

Concert Stars
    I understand if they didn't pick Carrie, it was a quiet year for her.

Concert Stars
    I like these predictions as it means a quiet year for swsrn too. Lol

I hate that carrie keeps losing everything but what are you going to do at this point. . She did have a very quiet year. If only they had released a 5th single it would not be so bad.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I just don't see Miranda as much of a vocalist.

Quote Originally Posted by nccountrygal View Post
    While I agree with most of the predictions I don't see Brad taking album. I think this is going to Jason. Jason had the best year of anyone in country music and he should not go home empy handed plus he had multiple hits and his album was the best selling country album of the year. Just my opinion. Also, I think the ZBB should win vocal group. At some point the industry should give this award to them and LA was also kind of quiet this year. I have nothing against LA but its not like they don't have any competition in this category. I could see Taylor only getting video if she gets that so I pretty much agree with them on video. I think male vocalist is going to be between Blake and Jason. Blake probably has the edge here. I think Brad will only will EOTY and Miranda will definitely win FVOTY.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Those predictions give me a headache!!!! Someone sure has been drinking a lot koolaid!!!

Anyone know where we can find out the touring numbers for the different acts??????

Concert Stars
    yeah it sucks but this was her quiet year...can't wait for 2012..it's going to be an EPIC year for Carrie!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I'm okay if Carrie doesn't win. I'm just so excited to see her perform!! Do you guys know it has been months since I've seen her perform?? Shudder. Just 7 days!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Those predictions give me a headache!!!! Someone sure has been drinking a lot koolaid!!!

Anyone know where we can find out the touring numbers for the different acts??????
    I've posted some tour numbers for Jason Aldean in his thread http://www.carriefans.com/forums/mus...party-era.html
    You can find Taylor's numbers in her thread on Pulse. You can also find the Boxscore thread in the general music section there too.

Concert Stars
    Jason Aldean had massive touring sales this year-- even better then Carrie's. He did big numbers touring and big numbers in album sales.

I think he deserves EOTY over Blake to be honest. Blake was opening for Brad all year and did not even headline his own tour. For some reason they nominated both Miranda and Blake for EOTY when they were still opening acts. Very strange.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Well in my oh so humble opinion, even in this prediction article they highlight how Miranda had a headlining tour and so you mean to tell me that they are seriously comparing Miranda's headlining tour to anyone else's let alone comparing it to Carrie's? Carrie's FIRST headlining tour totals soundly beats any headlining tour of Miranda's. Carrie has Miranda beat in every category -- sales, touring, No.1s! And the MOST important category --- vocals!!!! Carrie is by far the better singer!

Oh well like I said in my prior post, someone sure is drinking lots and lots and lots of koolaid!
    Last edited by DaisyTweets; 11-02-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    The fact of the matter is that the day Carrie gets nominated for EOTY, it will make WAY bigger headlines than Miranda's nom ever did bc Carrie would actually deserve it AND have a very LARGE shot of taking it home. In reality, the label took away Miranda's opportunity to grow her tour and get a nom the old fashioned way.
    Becca

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I like Miranda and everything, I just have a hard time rooting for her when all she has really had was 1 major hit last year -- THTBM. Then it's like everybody jump on the Miranda train and Revolution, revolution, revolution, oh my God! I feel bad that it did take her so long to get recognition, but it's hard to cheer for people who just swoop in on one song and take it all home in one night, and I understand that yeah, Miranda is sweet and her and Carrie are friends, but it's just hard for us Carrie fans when Carrie has been headlining tours for multiple years, only to get snubbed TWICE for EOTY!! And I don't think i can sit through another TS victory speech! Oh my gosh, wow, you fans are amaziiiingg..... You are all my best friends for life!

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I disagree with many of their picks - mainly Album. I love Brad's album, but Jason has had far greater sales and has had critical acclaim as well. Plus, IMO I think Jason deserves ETOY just as much as Brad or Keith, if not more. Jason's touring sales are amazing (every stat I've seen has been a sellout or near sellout), his singles from this era have all been number one (with cross-over success), and his album sales have been outstanding. At the mid-year calculations, according to Billboard, he had the fourth best selling album, in all genres. It's now certified 2x Platinum as well.

I really think this will be Jason's year. And deservingly so.
    Last edited by stEEvz3314; 11-03-2011 at 08:00 PM.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Blake has no chance to win EOTY, if the votes were released to the public he is far more likely to finish 5th than he does of winning.

EOTY will very likely come from Aldean, Paisley or Swift.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I feel bad for Miranda. It seems like a lot of fanbases have become very bitter and resentful towards her because she won a ton of awards for one song, and the critics love everything she does. It's not her fault the song became popular and she was rewarded for it. Keep in mind many songs become popular because of the connection the AUDIENCE has with the lyrics. This was certainly one of those times people connected with a beautiful, universal lyric. If you want to blame Miranda's team for marketing her more heavily, it's because of the fans that are now complaining she was given too much too early. The public connected with THTBM on a massive scale and that is why she's being marketed more aggressively.

The critics really shouldn't even be included in this discussion, IMO. Miranda has always been adored by critics and award show voters. The fact that they rewarded her so heavily is no surprise; they were just waiting for an opportunity to do so, and they were able to justify it with the success of THTBM. I think that's part of the reason she was nominated for ETOY; the critics adore her, and they'd jump at the chance to include her in the biggest category of the night.

Y'all seem to be making a mountain out of a molehill with this issue; Miranda won a few awards, who cares? Carrie cannot win every award, and she seems to be fine with that. She makes music because she loves to sing; I doubt she's awake at night thinking "what could I have done differently to win more awards?" Awards don't define a career and Carrie knows it. Please, for the love of Carrie Underwood, can we let it go already?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I feel bad for Miranda. It seems like a lot of fanbases have become very bitter and resentful towards her because she won a ton of awards for one song, and the critics love everything she does. It's not her fault the song became popular and she was rewarded for it. Keep in mind many songs become popular because of the connection the AUDIENCE has with the lyrics. This was certainly one of those times people connected with a beautiful, universal lyric. If you want to blame Miranda's team for marketing her more heavily, it's because of the fans that are now complaining she was given too much too early. The public connected with THTBM on a massive scale and that is why she's being marketed more aggressively.

The critics really shouldn't even be included in this discussion, IMO. Miranda has always been adored by critics and award show voters. The fact that they rewarded her so heavily is no surprise; they were just waiting for an opportunity to do so, and they were able to justify it with the success of THTBM. I think that's part of the reason she was nominated for ETOY; the critics adore her, and they'd jump at the chance to include her in the biggest category of the night.

Y'all seem to be making a mountain out of a molehill with this issue; Miranda won a few awards, who cares? Carrie cannot win every award, and she seems to be fine with that. She makes music because she loves to sing; I doubt she's awake at night thinking "what could I have done differently to win more awards?" Awards don't define a career and Carrie knows it. Please, for the love of Carrie Underwood, can we let it go already?

What a WONDERFUL post, THANK YOU!!!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

I didn't mean to upset you. It seems every time I express my opinion, something goes wrong. I know it's not all about the awards, and Carrie has had her fair share of them anyway. The only thing I'm "bitter" or "resentful" about is the fact that she keeps getting snubbed for them. I just wish we could change that. That would be the one and only thing I would change about her whole career and that's the only thing I look back on with regret.

And you are right. It is all about the music. It's just that critics often tell people what is cool to listen to and what is "not cool" to listen to right now, and awards signify who was hot that year. I just feel that Carrie should win at least ONE EOTY before we all die. That's all. And I'm sure she will one day soon...like next year!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefann View Post
    I didn't mean to upset you. It seems every time I express my opinion, something goes wrong. I know it's not all about the awards, and Carrie has had her fair share of them anyway. The only thing I'm "bitter" or "resentful" about is the fact that she keeps getting snubbed for them. I just wish we could change that. That would be the one and only thing I would change about her whole career and that's the only thing I look back on with regret.

And you are right. It is all about the music. It's just that critics often tell people what is cool to listen to and what is "not cool" to listen to right now, and awards signify who was hot that year. I just feel that Carrie should win at least ONE EOTY before we all die. That's all. And I'm sure she will one day soon...like next year!!
    Oh, this was not directed at you. This discussion has been ongoing since the 2010 CMA awards.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I am just not a fan of his voice, but he is sucessful.

Quote Originally Posted by stEEvz3314 View Post
    I disagree with many of their picks - mainly Album. I love Brad's album, but Jason has had far greater sales and has had critical acclaim as well. Plus, IMO I think Jason deserves ETOY just as much as Brad or Keith, if not more. Jason's touring sales are amazing (every stat I've seen has been a sellout or near sellout), his singles from this era have all been number one (with cross-over success), and his album sales have been outstanding. At the mid-year calculations, according to Billboard, he had the fourth best selling album, in all genres. It's not certified 2x Platinum as well.

I really think this will be Jason's year. And deservingly so.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast