Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Insane Carrie Fan

CMA Awards Prediction

Below is an article (posting predictions for the CMAs that I thought would be an interesting read):

In years past, the Country Music Association's awards show has turned into a victory parade for country's biggest stars, like Kenny Chesney, Carrie Underwood, and Taylor Swift.

This year's show, which airs on ABC on Nov. 9, promises to be a lot more competitive. Typically, one or two artists have an overwhelming number of nominations. This time, Jason Aldean, Brad Paisley, Blake Shelton, and Taylor Swift are tied with five nominations apiece. And The Band Perry and Zac Brown Band are each nominated in four categories.

With a relatively small number of industry insiders deciding the winners, it's tough to predict the outcome, but let's take a look at the high-profile categories.

Female Vocalist: Sara Evans, Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Swift, and Underwood. She sometimes gets overlooked in this category, but Lambert won it last year -- along with Album and Song of the Year. This year she made the biggest splash by starting up a new group, Pistol Annies, whose debut album appeared atop the country chart. I have no reason to believe she won't become a repeat winner.

Male Vocalist: Aldean, Chesney, Paisley, Shelton, and Keith Urban. Urban put on one of the most talked about shows at the Huntington Center this year, so Toledoans are familiar with what he brings. Paisley has won this category three times, and, surprisingly, Chesney has never won. Last year, Shelton surprised everyone by coming out on top, and he is the only person in country music with three No. 1 singles this year, so there's every reason to believe he's going to take home this honor again.

Vocal Group: The Band Perry, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town, Rascal Flatts, Zac Brown Band. When was the last time you could say six-time winner Rascal Flatts was a big underdog? Definitely this year. Lady Antebellum has won two straight years and has been on fire with their new album, "Own the Night." Zac Brown's album, "You Get What You Give," is probably the best of the year, but Lady A will make it three straight wins.

Entertainer: Aldean, Paisley, Shelton, Swift, Urban. Paisley was crowned last year for the first time. But Shelton has had a breakout year, earning legions of new fans as a judge on The Voice. I think when he opens up his new tour on Jan. 12 in Toledo that his fans will be in the presence of a first-time Entertainer of the Year.

source:Music-Theater-Dance - Toledo Blade

I'm surprised to not have seen any articles of predictions for winners from country websites just shy of a week when they usually have a list up way before the CMAs air.

Nowadays I tend to avoid the awards prediction articles lol. I think the articles from sites like Country Universe come in a day or two before the show.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    They don't do any good. Carrie always is in the lead and yet losses. Some Taylor fans think its actually gonna decide the outcome.

Predicting Blake for EOTY? Ugh. Does that award mean nothing anymore? I get that The Voice became huge, but EOTY has always been primarily a headlining tour award, and IMO it should stay that way.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Predicting Blake for EOTY? Ugh. Does that award mean nothing anymore? I get that The Voice became huge, but EOTY has always been primarily a headlining tour award, and IMO it should stay that way.
    Everything is screwed up these days. Winning awards these days means nothing except who is the voters friends and all go together and vote for this one----It is not who deserves it anymore--maybe it never was and we just did not see it.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    It won't be the 1st time I'm upset about the EOTY and I will again be upset if this perdiction comes to be true. If he is winning related to a t.v. show I believe they have the Emmys for t.v. I am curious to see how he does as a headliner. Did everyone read the part about "the relative small no. of insiders deciding on the winner"?

Concert Stars
    Blake is worthy of an EOTY award as Taylor was of FV (Actually Taylor winning is more justified than Blake possibly winning EOTY! You guys know how repulsed I was with Taylor winning FV, but she had the sales, #1 and was a headliner. BUT Blake is an opener, his sale is not that great, HIS PERSONAL BEST but not the best in town). He will be the most underseving EOTY! He is on the Voice, so what, Carrie presented Country on Idol! She had her own varity show, she freaking host the CMA...where is her nomination!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    My predictions:

Entertainer- Taylor
    Female Vocalist - Taylor
    Male Vocalist Brad
    Vocal Group Lady A

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefann View Post
    My predictions:

Entertainer- Taylor
    Female Vocalist - Taylor
    Male Vocalist Brad
    Vocal Group Lady A
    I dont think taylor will be getting either of those this year. The industry isnt really on her side anymore. I say Brad or Blake for EOTY...shouldnt be Blake but it is what it is. And I think Blake will take home MVOTY once again.

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    My predictions -

Female Vocalist
    Should win - Sara Evans
    Will win - Miranda Lambert

Male Vocalist
    Should win - Kenny Chesney
    Will win - Blake Shelton

Group
    Should win - ZBB
    Will win - LadyA

Entertainer
    Should win - Brad/Keith
    Will win - possibly Blake

See the pattern? In the first 3 categories all the ones that should win are deserving and haven't won it before. With Entertainer, Brad or Keith is due again before Taylor (or even Blake the opener) because they have headlined since a long time ago and deserve it. Though Blake has been around way longer than Jason, Jas is on the same level as Blake I reckon.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Jason is so ahead of Blake on touring. His concert sales are on par of Brad's often. His cd sales are the best of male artists and close to Carrie's sales. I would not mine him getting the EOTY award.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    EOTY - Swift ( Paisley or Aldean could win too)
    FVOTY - Lambert ( Wouldn't be surprised if any of the three who actually deserve to win win it. Evans winning would be a HUGE )
    MVOTY - Aldean ( I think that Jason is in for a huge night)
    New Artist - The Band Perry ( LOCK!!!)
    Group - Lady A ( Stronget category by FAR and any of the five would be a worthy winner)
    Duo - Sugarland ( Even more of a lock than TBP is of winning New Artist)
    Single - " Don't You Wanna Stay"
    Song - " If I Die Young"
    Album - Aldean
    Event - Aldean & Clarkson
    Video - 'If I Die Young"

Concert Stars
    My Predictions....

AWARDS- WHO CARES*
    HOSTS- THE ONLY REASON IM GONNA WATCH
    THIS BOARD-WILL BE VERY ENTERTAINING TO READ AS USUAL

*For all of you that will say that i would care if Carrie was gonna dominate.....................YOUR RIGHT... LOL

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Blake for CMA Entertainer of The Year? They cannot be serious. I'm sorry, but he shouldn't even be in the category, let alone win the award. I know the awards have always been about politics, but I miss the days when all the nominees were deserving; now it seems they'll throw a random artist in the mix because they can.

I haven't agreed with all the winners of the award, but in my opinion, all of them have been deserving. If Blake wins this year, the voters have truly lost their minds. And, what's with the writer calling Rascal Flatts "the underdog?" As far as success popularity goes, it's Lady A, Rascal Flatts...everyone else.

Anyway, here are my predictions:

Entertainer: Jason Aldean: He's got the touring numbers, album sales and stats. He's the "it" artist in country music this year. I'd say TS has a shot due to her massive touring numbers, but she really hasn't had the album sales for SN that she had for "Fearless" and she's not dominating the media like she was in the previous era. Plus, I don't think the award is just about touring numbers, as it has been in the past.

Vocal Group: Lady A. They should easily take this. Rascal Flatts have had a stellar year, but I think the academy has moved on; their time to win is over, in the eyes of the voters.

Female: Miranda. She will be on the minds of voters because she won last year, and also due to the promo for her new album. She has also toured for most of the year, which swings things in her favor. Critics and voters adore her, so I'm sure they won't even look at the fact that every other single from "Revolution" underperfomed, after the massive success of THTBM. I hate to say it, but I don't think Carrie has a shot at winning this year. Her album is almost a year old, and she's had no solo single in almost a year. She's been out of the spotlight for quite awhile, which will hurt her. Sara's chances are extremely slim, and I don't even think she's a contender in the eyes of voters, though she is on the ballot. Martina? Well, yeah...uh...

Male: Jason Aldean. Jason has has had a fantastic year, in every way possible. If Blake wins, it's only because he won it last year, IMO.

New Artist: The Band Perry. Duh.

Duo: Sugarland. See above.

Single - " Don't You Wanna Stay"

Song - " If I Die Young"

Album - "My Kinda Party"

Event - "Don't You Wanna Stay

Video - 'If I Die Young"

Concert Stars
    ^ Russ you made my day. lol I am only watching to see Lionel Richie and Carrie/Brad host/perform. The rest can suck it! lol

I know Blake Shelton worked hard this year and he has the buzz, but IMO Jason Aldean deserves EOTY more than him. Of course, Taylor is always a contender because of her huge tour numbers.

Concert Stars
    only watching to see brad and carrie...awards seem to be crap these days!

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think Miranda will problem win, even over Taylor. I hope carrie wins but at least we get to watch her host

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by 12russ79 View Post
    My Predictions....

AWARDS- WHO CARES*
    HOSTS- THE ONLY REASON IM GONNA WATCH
    THIS BOARD-WILL BE VERY ENTERTAINING TO READ AS USUAL

*For all of you that will say that i would care if Carrie was gonna dominate.....................YOUR RIGHT... LOL
    Same here !

JB, I really hope your predictions for Jason Aldean are true. He's long overdue for some awards, and certainly more deserving of EOTY than Blake is. I think they're pretty equal for MVOTY, but I'd love to see Jason get it since Blake got it last year.

I'd rather have Miranda get FVOTY again instead of Taylor, but I could see it going either way. I do kind of have this feeling that the industry won't give Taylor that award again, but they did nominate "Mean" this year so who knows.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast